Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Billionaire to fund alien-hunting mission

seeder

21 hours ago, badeskov said:

Frankly, I find that such ludicrous claims tend to withdraw themselves. Any reader/poster with even the most mediocre knowledge would recognize this. The good thing is that such posts are not as frequent as they used to be (some 10 years back), the sad thing is that they still appear. 

Cheers,
Badeskov 

To be fair I think internet helped a lot with the diminishing of this kind of claims. 

If you think about it, before internet's wide spread, gathering information was quite difficult, especially on specific and niche topics (such as UFOs). 

People based their knowledge on hearsay, magazines and the lucky ones on conventions. 

Even getting access to sound scientific research wasn't so straightforward. 

Internet somehow removed Maya's veil and opened the gates to a new level of information.

A bit like finding that Santa Claus doesn’t exist. 

Sure, at the same time it helped spread nonsense and conspiracy theories, but as you observed probably on the long run they will not last as much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

To be fair I think internet helped a lot with the diminishing of this kind of claims. 

Hi Parsec, I agree with you to some extent. If one really wanted to educate oneself.

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

If you think about it, before internet's wide spread, gathering information was quite difficult, especially on specific and niche topics (such as UFOs). 

People based their knowledge on hearsay, magazines and the lucky ones on conventions. 

True, it was more difficult. But with the internet also came the ability to spread all kinds of nonsensical claims easily without having to publish in a magazine or even a book.  

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

Even getting access to sound scientific research wasn't so straightforward. 

No, agreed. But common sense and critical thinking should still be required.

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

Internet somehow removed Maya's veil and opened the gates to a new level of information.

Indeed it did.

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

A bit like finding that Santa Claus doesn’t exist. 

Yes, if one wanted to accept that little gem as fact and not ignore the actual research to satisfy one's own beliefs.

1 hour ago, Parsec said:

Sure, at the same time it helped spread nonsense and conspiracy theories, but as you observed probably on the long run they will not last as much. 

I frankly don't think they will, luckily. In my honest (and very personal) opinion the vast majority of the Earth population *do* know how to use common sense and critical thinking, so in the end I think said vast majority will eventually prevail - and I think that is what we have been seeing over those last years.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Badeskov 

• Like 4

On 11/12/2017 at 5:51 PM, ChrLzs said:

You will now provide DIRECT cited examples, thanks.  If you cannot do so, then you will withdraw it, right?

no see i know just by the way you said that comment that you are brainwashed thinking that the gov and nasa tells you the truth. time to open your eyes and mind my friend

20 minutes ago, geraldnewfie said:

no see i know just by the way you said that comment that you are brainwashed thinking that the gov and nasa tells you the truth. time to open your eyes and mind my friend

and it seems you have become convinced, without a shred of evidence,  that the gov and nasa tells us lies.

so what does NASA lie about?  And what does the govt lie about?

Remember, space, the moon, mars, are not NASA's property, there are many countries with space programs....and not all of them friendly to the US.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

So please explain, as asked, where NASA is not telling the truth. Naturally, you cannot I know. 

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 3

6 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

So what about ESA, JAXA, ROSCOSMOS, ISRO, CNSA tec. ? Are they brainwashing us too ?

Its amazing how often people forget, or simply don't know, that NASA is one of many space agencies. Actually the Soviets went into space before NASA even existed.

• Like 4

On 11/19/2017 at 4:03 AM, geraldnewfie said:

Oh, the usual flounce, and lame excuses for running away.  What a surprise.  If you had even a single piece of decent evidence of the rubbish you are claiming, you would post it.  Your refusal means you have no such evidence and you are wasting this forum's time.

If you are not here for discussion, then go away.  As you have ZERO evidence for your claims, then your claims are WORTHLESS and you have now withdrawn them.  Bye.

• Like 1