Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Don't block my drive' note left on ambulance

Still Waters

Paramedics saving a man's life were left speechless by a note left on their ambulance windscreen complaining the vehicle was allegedly blocking a driveway.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called out to a patient in a critical condition who was "extremely unwell" and "vomiting blood".

But after responding to the call in Birmingham on Friday afternoon, they found a hand-written note on the windscreen which read: "You may be saving lives, but don't park your van in a stupid place and block my drive."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/12/dont-block-drive-note-left-ambulance-paramedics-treat-critically/

• Like 5

"It is not known who wrote the note."

Well they should be easy enough to locate, surely. Next door to where the callout was. Not,obviously, that anyone would even imagine , say ordering a skip to be deposited across their drive or anything ... :innocent:

• Like 2

A person doesn't have to be excessively compassionate to understand the concepts of empathy and patience...or do they?  I still like to think that people like this are the exception, not the rule.

• Like 6

It's all about Context. "The first of 2 incidents" btw.  If they had room to stop short of the driveway, bad driving has little to do with your ability to save ones life, I mean it's not hand in hand that you must block drives, rather the driver's inability to pay attention and be efficient at the job....again if they had room for which that picture of the area wasn't posted. How comfy it is to judge based on what is very clearly a biased article leaning the reader towards empathy and for the reader to feel justified about the predictable judgement. You are right...they are wrong despite it's really all about the context of the situation in that the article fails to fully assess and understand these complaints..didn't even try to knock on some doors in the area to ask about it did they?

Edited by NightScreams

3 hours ago, NightScreams said:

It's all about Context. "The first of 2 incidents" btw.  If they had room to stop short of the driveway, bad driving has little to do with your ability to save ones life, I mean it's not hand in hand that you must block drives, rather the driver's inability to pay attention and be efficient at the job....again if they had room for which that picture of the area wasn't posted. How comfy it is to judge based on what is very clearly a biased article leaning the reader towards empathy and for the reader to feel justified about the predictable judgement. You are right...they are wrong despite it's really all about the context of the situation in that the article fails to fully assess and understand these complaints..didn't even try to knock on some doors in the area to ask about it did they?

Holy crap, people say some idiotic things but this takes the whole packet of biscuits. Bad driving? I expect they had ****in' rather more urgent things to worry about than whether it might be thought of as 'bad driving". "didn't even try to knock on some doors in the area to ask about it did they?" ?! What the **** do you expect them to say? "Yes,it's an absolute outrage, trying to save someone's life, you know, I couldn't get my Daihatsu Fourtrak out of my drive"? What an absolute bloody plonker. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 7

People should count their lucky stars that they or their loved ones weren't needing critical care. 

Shouldn't be worrying about a temporary inconvenience while someone's life is being saved.

• Like 7

Patient dies in hospital after shocking note left on ambulance asking paramedics to move

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/37842830/patient-dies-in-hospital-after-note-left-asking-ambulance-to-move/

• Like 3

I shouldn't be surprised about the lack of empathy some people display, but, this situation does.  It really saddens me that someone could be so self-centered to only think about their driveway when someone's health is in question.  

• Like 4

One time when an ambulance blocked my drive (medical emergency at home) I had to park on the roadside two doors down and scurried the rest of the way.  

Unfortunately in my haste my wallet had dropped out of my pocket as I had exited the car.  Some lowlife who had seen the emergency going down stole hoped out of his car took the wallet and sped away.  It had $1000 cash and cards.

One man's misfortunes can be another man's treasure. 

• Like 1

My first thought was "who in their right mind would do this?"

My second thought was that there was probably an answer there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

One time when an ambulance blocked my drive (medical emergency at home) I had to park on the roadside two doors down and scurried the rest of the way.  

Unfortunately in my haste my wallet had dropped out of my pocket as I had exited the car.  Some lowlife who had seen the emergency going down stole hoped out of his car took the wallet and sped away.  It had $1000 cash and cards.

Well that was wicked :(

• Like 2

another one!!

Angry motorist launches shocking torrent of abuse at paramedic and calls her a ****ing idiot because her ambulance is blocking the street 'while trying to save a life'

The man shouts verbal abuse at the paramedic in Runcorn, Cheshire
    He repeatedly swears and insults the woman who is North West Ambulance crew
    The video was posted on social media and sparked a heated discussion online
    It comes hours after ambulance workers were asked to move their vehicle while they attended to critically ill patients - having a heart attack and vomiting blood
    The man, 42, who was vomitting blood died in hospital

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5076621/Angry-motorists-gives-paramedic-shocking-torrent-abuse.html#ixzz4yJxEPBQT

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, seeder said:

another one!!

These people need to be charged with abuse or harassment.  Maybe having a criminal record will teach them this is unacceptable behaviour 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, seeder said:

another one!!

It's disgusting I think the way these people carry on, yet apparently it's not uncommon. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing such things.

• Like 3

I'm disgusted with myself, admits neighbour who left moaning note telling ambulance not to 'block my driveway' as paramedics tended to dying patient

Hassan Shabbir left a note complaining that an ambulance blocked his driveway
    The note read: 'You may be saving lives, but don't park your van in a stupid place'
    A 42-year-old man was rushed to hospital with 'internal bleeding' but later died
    Mr Shabbir said his behaviour was 'appalling' and he is 'disgusted with himself'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5078605/I-m-disgusted-admits-man-left-note.html#ixzz4yLTVnkYs

• Like 3

What is wrong with people??  I hope his apology is sincere.  

• Like 3

i understand the guy, i see paramedics do this all the  time, block cars, lock up elevators for hours. blocking driveway is common. how hard is it to pull another 10 -15 feet, or not lock elevator until they actually need it. they seem to think if they are ems, they can do anything they please.