Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possessed 2 Years

Angela325

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Some people are raised being inundated with the ideas of demons lurking everywhere.

I can understand countries like parts of Africa, India, Papua New Guinea, the Congo and Indonesia for example who still (to this day) believe in witchcraft, demon's and sorcery. I imagine that this belief is still prevalent in some Western societies, but probably not as much as the other countries that Iv'e mentioned, where even children can be accused of being witches then killed / sacrificed, because of this backward and ignorant belief system. I'd be curious as to know what country the OP comes from, as possibly being raised and inundated with this belief ? 

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

That .1% is just a safety net. You've always got to have one of those. Not that it really matters. I mean I wish there was something spooky and supernatural even spiritual in the world outside of human fabrication, but life is so boring. That's why we've created our stories. Of magick and monsters, to spice up our existence. Then people take it seriously.

Well, just like any other kid growing up I use to love to hear stories about ghosts, witches, monsters and all of the other creepy things that went with it where your imagination could run riot. Most of us grow out of it though, and know when to draw the line between what is real, and what is fantasy / and or wishful thinking that these type of things exist. I just find it difficult to wrap my head around the fact, that some people still believe in this type of nonsense...especially in this modern day and age. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Angela325 said:

II am out of hope and faith but I am open to hearing any story of hope for me that someone might have. Thank you - Angela

Continue to search out help, medically, psychiatrically and psychically/spiritually. Ultimately, the light is greater than the darkness. The darkness can only succeed temporarily. A tunnel has  an end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

I can understand countries like parts of Africa, India, Papua New Guinea, the Congo and Indonesia for example who still (to this day) believe in witchcraft, demon's and sorcery. I imagine that this belief is still prevalent in some Western societies, but probably not as much as the other countries that Iv'e mentioned, where even children can be accused of being witches then killed / sacrificed, because of this backward and ignorant belief system. I'd be curious as to know what country the OP comes from, as possibly being raised and inundated with this belief ? 

In the US fundamentalist Christians still believe in demons, witchcraft and sorcery. In fact when I came down with MS I was told it was because I allowed a demon to enter my (soul, body IDK)  due to unrepented sins.....by my mother.  We were members at what is viewed as a progressive mega church too so its not even like we're talking about the snake handlers - these are somewhat mainstream Christian beliefs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

In the US fundamentalist Christians still believe in demons, witchcraft and sorcery. In fact when I came down with MS I was told it was because I allowed a demon to enter my (soul, body IDK)  due to unrepented sins.....by my mother.  We were members at what is viewed as a progressive mega church too so its not even like we're talking about the snake handlers - these are somewhat mainstream Christian beliefs. 

Yes, also much of the popular lore of the devil / or demons is not really biblical. It's put down to post-medieval Christian reading of the scriptures that were influenced by medieval and pre-medieval Christian popular myths. Even though I was raised a catholic, I don't follow any particular religion anymore. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have MS Farmer. How does that make you feel now, concerning what your mother told you about the demon entering your body, because of your unrepented sins ? 

Even today the catholic church stresses that most behaviours that appear to be caused by demonic possession are actually triggered by psychiatric illness. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

I'm sorry to hear that you have MS Farmer. How does that make you feel now, concerning what your mother told you about the demon entering your body, because of your unrepented sins ? 

Well thank Astra, I'm one of the lucky ones who have managed to find functionality. As for my mother it took me a good while to be able to converse with her but 5k miles of space can help with those things. I really don't mean for this to sound as bad as it does but I have kinda figured out that if I think of her boundless obsession with religion as a mental impairment I can have sympathy and get through conversations without them devolving into an argument. Even then though those conversations really only happen on holidays. I could be a better son I suppose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Well thank Astra, I'm one of the lucky ones who have managed to find functionality. As for my mother it took me a good while to be able to converse with her but 5k miles of space can help with those things. I really don't mean for this to sound as bad as it does but I have kinda figured out that if I think of her boundless obsession with religion as a mental impairment I can have sympathy and get through conversations without them devolving into an argument. Even then though those conversations really only happen on holidays. I could be a better son I suppose. 

I'm sure you are a very good son. Believe me, a little bit of space from 'some' family members can be a wonderful thing at times. Small doses :D..

Edited by Astra.

I'm sorry to hear about your MS Farmer.  I hope that you are staying well and comfortable.  I can say with certainty It most definitely is not a demon.  I've met a few super religious people through this that think everything is a demon.  If you had a demon on you would know.  They have no idea what they are talking about.  I can't stress this to everyone enough, I did not believe in demons before this happened to me. I didn't believe in witchcraft either. I was raised Catholic but I did study theology in college: Buddhism, Hinduism, Greek Mythology.  I kind of believed that all faiths were a path to God. I was very religious tolerant. I had a very normal life.  I thanked God for my blessings but I didn't give it much thought other than that.  I honestly don't think that this is something that most people could believe in until it happens to them. I came on here thinking maybe someone else had a similar experience & found relief and most definitely not for attention. That is disgusting.  

While there are physical symptoms like the squeezing and pain, most of what i am experiencing is spiritual torment. I am unable to feel human emotions like happiness, joy, sadness, compassion, love..anything of the heart. When I could still believe in God before my mind was taken over. Faith in God/Jesus is constantly being attacked in my mind. I could pray and I would feel power come out of my heart chakra and try to push this thing off of my heart. It feels like a 150 pound weight on me. With faith I could push it off over and over. It would then come right back on. It somehow has wrapped itself around me entirely. During exorcisms I've felt a higher power enter my body and fight with this thing.  Best I can describe it is it feels like pure love. The demon feels like pure depression, burning, the angels feel warm, soothing, pure love. They swoosh in and push the weight of the demon away.  The demon clings to your body like a parasite and the angels and God energy coming in from the prayers try to push and pull it off of your body.  It stretches like taffy.  Best way I can describe it. There were times it felt like my head was going to get ripped off with all the pushing and pulling during prayers.  All exorcism is prayer to God. That is it.  Astra, you are right the Catholic Church leans towards psychiatric illness in most cases. That is why they sent me to so many psychiatrists.  There is a lot of liability on them that they would rather avoid and most dioceses don't have exorcist priests.  I unfortunately am a possession case.  When you go through this your mind doesn't want to accept that this is really happening. It's too terrifying to be true. In fact I questioned it myself.  Any rational person would.  I wish there was a pill to solve my problem.  That being said. I do blame the girl that did this to me. She admitted that she did and tried to exhort money from me. She is a disgusting human being.  Why was she able to conjure multiple entities to attack me and other people aren't. I believe someone mentioned this. I have no idea. The only thing I can say is that she was gypsy and was born into her faith system.  I know that it has a lot to do with belief. When I went to see her for a reading, she knew a lot of personal things about me that no one could have known.  At the time, I was kind of blown away by her ability.  Knowing what I know now her ability did not come from a good place.  That I'm absolutely sure of.

I'm going to tell you something that I really want to encourage you to do. That is to get out of your head. Quit thinking about this 'demon'. Go watch a movie, read a book, sit on your porch (if you have one) and watch the sun rise/set. Enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea. Something, anything to redirect your thoughts. Play a video game or do a puzzle, whatever. It doesn't matter so long as you distract yourself from these obsessive thoughts. Hell, meditate if you need to. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angela325 said:

Astra, you are right the Catholic Church leans towards psychiatric illness in most cases. That is why they sent me to so many psychiatrists.  There is a lot of liability on them that they would rather avoid and most dioceses don't have exorcist priests.  I unfortunately am a possession case.

Well, I personally don't think that you are a 'possession case' Angela. How can you be, as there is no such thing as demons. These entities were simply concocted in pre-medieval Christian times, similar to all of the other scary mythical creatures that 'man had created'.

5 hours ago, Angela325 said:

I do blame the girl that did this to me. She admitted that she did and tried to exhort money from me. She is a disgusting human being.  Why was she able to conjure multiple entities to attack me and other people aren't. I believe someone mentioned this. I have no idea. The only thing I can say is that she was gypsy and was born into her faith system.  I know that it has a lot to do with belief. When I went to see her for a reading, she knew a lot of personal things about me that no one could have known.  At the time, I was kind of blown away by her ability.  Knowing what I know now her ability did not come from a good place.  That I'm absolutely sure of.

The problem here, is that you empowered this so called psychic by letting her 'get into your head' with all of this hocus-pocus stuff. This is actually your fault for being so naive, by allowing this scam artist to mess with your head. When I was younger, I also saw the odd fortune teller with my girl friends (mainly just for fun)...but we all took it as being tongue-in-cheek and NEVER too seriously.

Was this particular scam artist the first one that you had ever had a reading from ?.....the thing is, she had left some kind of an impression on you, that you had taken waaay to seriously, where it had obviously impacted on you at a deep and psychological level.

You have to understand that no human being possesses these type of 'special' powers. They are no more special than you, me or Joe Blow who lives next door. Half the time when these 'so called' psychics seem to get it right, it's often just a guess. People who often visit these fortune tellers simply read way too much into what they say.  

Also, the dream you had about the half snake, half man like creature...was only a dream (as in being a nightmare)... and guess what, we all have the occasional horrible dream / nightmares at times. I don't mean to sound harsh, but seriously, you need to SNAP out of this nonsense, and start practising what Xeno has suggested, by doing and surrounding yourself with more positive things in your life and by not letting others take control of it by empowering their BS.  

• Like 1