Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

where our solar system is in our galaxy?

grimsituation6

"From the Earth, our Milky Way Galaxy is visible as a milky band that stretches across the night sky. It is easier to see when you are far from bright city lights. Our solar system is located in the outer reaches of the Milky Way Galaxy, which is a spiral galaxy. The Milky Way Galaxy contains roughly 200 billion stars."

• 3 weeks later...

It's a scary and bewildering thought that almost every astronomical object you see in the sky with the naked eye is in our galaxy - and there are billions of other galaxies out there.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 0:00 PM, Black Monk said:

It's a scary and bewildering thought that almost every astronomical object you see in the sky with the naked eye is in our galaxy - and there are billions of other galaxies out there.

yes, whats scarier is that our universe is so large that there is a 99.99% chance that there is a planet out there with only pink elephants on it, oh and they can fly. whats even scarier is that the universe is so big that our chances of finding the pink elephant planet or any life outside our solar system for that matter is 0.01%.

• Like 1

look at adromeda, it is a galaxy that is going to collide with our milky way, but the stars are so far apart that the two galaxies will pass right through each other, the stars in each galaxy are so far apart that they will never collide. thats nuts, and it also tells you that the universe is way less dense than it should be.

dude anyone who says there cant be a god or creater is stupid, what if they are wrong??? hell for eternity. but if they are right and there is no god, then who cares? but if they are wrong... oh boy.

use logic and self reliance people, the very tools that started science. science the thing you listen to without applying your own reason or logic.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:55 AM, grimsituation6 said:

dude anyone who says there cant be a god or creater is stupid, what if they are wrong??? hell for eternity. but if they are right and there is no god, then who cares? but if they are wrong... oh boy.

What if there is a God, but it turns out to be a different one from the one you worshipped...... oh boy you are in trouble. :innocent:

I don't really get why the size of the universe is scary ?

Amazing, yes

Aweinspiring, yes

But scary, why ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 5

On 12/8/2017 at 4:55 AM, grimsituation6 said:

dude anyone who says there cant be a god or creater is stupid, what if they are wrong??? hell for eternity. but if they are right and there is no god, then who cares? but if they are wrong... oh boy.

I don't believe there is a god. However, if there is a god why would he punish me just because I don't believe? What kind of god is that? I would rather spend eternity in hell than spend eternity in the company of a vindictive god.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

I don't believe there is a god. However, if there is a god why would he punish me just because I don't believe? 

Derek,

God doesn't punish anybody. But sometimes, we punish ourselves for acting on our beliefs.

53 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Derek,

God doesn't punish anybody. But sometimes, we punish ourselves for acting on our beliefs.

Will,

There is no god.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

Will,

There is no god.

Well, unfortunately, punishment doesn't have a single thing to do with belief that God exists or not.

Punishment is always self-inflicted.

29 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Well, unfortunately, punishment doesn't have a single thing to do with belief that God exists or not.

Punishment is always self-inflicted.

So when someone is wrongly convicted of murder and is - in some countries and states - punished by being executed, that was self-inflicted? 

1 hour ago, Derek Willis said:

So when someone is wrongly convicted of murder and is - in some countries and states - punished by being executed, that was self-inflicted? 

Do you mean like what happened to Jesus?

15 hours ago, Will Due said:

Do you mean like what happened to Jesus?

Was Jesus wrongly convicted of murder? I didn't know that. I thought the Sanhedrin tried him for blasphemy (because he claimed he was the Son of God) and then the Romans tried him for treason (because the Sanhedrin claimed Jesus had claimed he was the King of the Jews). 

• Like 1

'God' and 'King' clearly was defined differently back then ... what more a 'God King' ... The Romans clearly were not amused ...

~

1 hour ago, Derek Willis said:

Was Jesus wrongly convicted of murder? I didn't know that. I thought the Sanhedrin tried him for blasphemy (because he claimed he was the Son of God) and then the Romans tried him for treason (because the Sanhedrin claimed Jesus had claimed he was the King of the Jews). 

Jesus is much more than innocent. In his case, it's particularly because of him being more,  that he was murdered.

In a way, today and perhaps for a long time to come, he will continue to be done away with in the hearts and minds of men.

But just like before, he will continue to live and because of this, the willingly innocent will too.

There was a trial ... guilty or no .... JC was executed according to Roman Law ...

~

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

'God' and 'King' clearly was defined differently back then ... what more a 'God King' ... The Romans clearly were not amused ...

~

The Roman who washed his hands because of the innocence of Jesus ordered his crucifixion anyway. Not because Jesus said he was a king, but rather, because he was an inferior person the Romans should not have put in authority over the Jews. A withering coward who was a pawn in the hands of the Jewish Sanhedrin who they many times took advantage of. The Jews were cunning when it came to Pilate and that's why he tried to mockingly appeal to the people by invoking their claim that he was their king.

But Jesus is still today more than a king, while Pilate later committed suicide and is now dead.

Why do most threads have to devolve into stupid religious discussion. Especially in this section of the forum.

The universe is awesome. Best part of living where I'm at is seeing all the stars. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The Roman who washed his hands because of the innocence of Jesus ordered his crucifixion anyway. Not because Jesus said he was a king, but rather, because he was an inferior person the Romans should not have put in authority over the Jews. A withering coward who was a pawn in the hands of the Jewish Sanhedrin who they many times took advantage of. The Jews were cunning when it came to Pilate and that's why he tried to mockingly appeal to the people by invoking their claim that he was their king.

But Jesus is still today more than a king, while Pilate later committed suicide and is now dead.

Be that as it may ... hearsay at best ... heresy at worst ... who the hell knows ...

~

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Be that as it may ... hearsay at best ... heresy at worst ... who the hell knows ...

~

Who the hell cares to be honest.

If people want to babble on religion they should take it to the right sections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Who the hell cares to be honest.

If people want to babble on religion they should take it to the right sections.

:lol:

The chat leaves where the chat leads old chum ... shake it off and brush it down ... :yes:

~

• Like 1

How can you know?

Don't we know of many things we haven't personally seen or physically touched?