Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese nonsense, or???

Wes4747

Anyone know anything more about this?? Paper real? 

Quote from article:

A Chinese paper published in September 1981 in the journal Ziran Zazhi (Nature Journal) tilted “Some Experiments on the Transfer of Objects Performed by Unusual Abilities of the Human Body” (Shuhuang et al., 1981) reported that ‘gifted children,’ were able to perform teleportation of small, physical objects, like watches, horseflies, micro-transmitters, paper and more. These experiments were reportedly done under both blind and double-blind conditions and there were present the researchers from Department of Defence.

gifted children teleporting horse flies?  hmmmm

Personally I'd lean towards Chinese nonsense but thats just me   

• Like 8

I vaguely remember this from the National Enquirer at the time (1981).

So take that for what you will.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

Anyone know anything more about this?? Paper real? 

No one from a distance can tell you anything with certainty about this paper but I believe in such abilities from testimony outside of this paper. This  ability is not hard to test, so it is either a total lie or real with not much middle ground possibility. I lean to 'real' for particularly 'gifted' subjects. China has kind of an atheist, anti-religion, pro-science bent so orchestrating a lie like this seems really unlikely to me.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

Does there appear to have been any follow-up to it? If not, I suspect you could file it alongside cold fusion. 

• Like 4

If they there was anything to it, you'd reckon that after that large amount of time we would have heard something about Chinese real life X-Men by now...

• Like 2

1981. Hmm. Very recent considering when similar experiments took place elsewhere.

• 2 years later...