Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

States Battle Feds for Control of Public Land

Piney

It seems to be typical Trump move - doing something he doesn't need to do anything about about something of which he knows nothing.

• Like 1

I'm an environmentalist so I don't want to see Trump giving public lands to corporations but even that aside it appears he's wrong to be doing so:

But this argument has two big flaws. First, the states were never “in charge” of these lands in the first place. The “Founders” that conservatives purport to revere explicitly determined that the federal government, not the states, would control public lands in the West. The Constitution gives the federal government power over “Property belonging to the United States.” Beginning in 1812, Congress required nearly every new state — including Utah — to foreswear all rights to federal land upon admission.

2 hours ago, skliss said:

I'm curious as to how this will end. Thanks for posting.

Just put the damned fires out!

That's what I want, and since the Federally-controlled land can't be entered even by fire-fighters desperate to get things under control without explicit permission from distant and uncaring Washington DC.... I mean, Cripes people, don't you remember what I was posting last August/September?

My half of Oregon was so smokey it made Beijing look healthy. 

But hey, go ahead and b**** and make is some kind of crap about reservations or whatever. If you can't be part of the frakking solution, there is great fun to be had by being part of the problem, right?

:angry:<_<:angry: 

7 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

If you can't be part of the frakking solution, there is great fun to be had by being part of the problem, right?

That's an awesome pun you played there :lol: 

9 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Just put the damned fires out!

That's what I want, and since the Federally-controlled land can't be entered even by fire-fighters desperate to get things under control without explicit permission from distant and uncaring Washington DC.... I mean, Cripes people, don't you remember what I was posting last August/September?

My half of Oregon was so smokey it made Beijing look healthy. 

But hey, go ahead and b**** and make is some kind of crap about reservations or whatever. If you can't be part of the frakking solution, there is great fun to be had by being part of the problem, right?

:angry:<_<:angry: 

Not sure why you quoted me, but I was sincere in being interested, after reading the article, to see where this goes. I was deliberately neutral because I feel that the writer seemed to be writing with a definite bias and I'm reserving judgement until I read mote about it. Maybe with more info we can see where such a decision comes into play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skliss said:

Not sure why you quoted me, but I was sincere in being interested, after reading the article, to see where this goes. I was deliberately neutral because I feel that the writer seemed to be writing with a definite bias and I'm reserving judgement until I read mote about it. Maybe with more info we can see where such a decision comes into play.

Oh, sorry... did NOT mean to vent at you!

I have just been so frustrated, and for years now, about how the Fed just gobbles up land and uses all these utopian excuses, and then the 'just let it burn; gang ends up in charge of operations. 

• Like 2