Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesters Smash Coffee Makers Over Boycott

OverSword

Keurig's decision to pull its advertising from Sean Hannity's Fox News show is not going over well with some viewers.

Social-media users on Sunday posted videos of themselves smashing their Keurig coffee makers, two days after the company said it would no longer advertise during Hannity's show.

Keurig and other companies faced pressure to pull their ads following Hannity's interview with Roy Moore, the Senate candidate in Alabama who is facing allegations he engaged in sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old girl and pursued several teenagers while he was in his 30s.

Critics of the interview said Hannity went too easy on Moore. By Saturday, several companies — including Keurig, 23andMe, and E-Trade — announced they would pull their ads.

Supporters of Hannity lashed out at Keurig on social media through the hashtag #BoycottKeurig. A few went as far as to record themselves destroying their coffee makers.

Video's of smashing here

Well I guess they really mean it.  Personally I can't see myself doing this because obviously coffee transcends politics.  I mean some things are holy, right?  I guess my question is will Keurig cave?  These guys are just smashing coffee makers, BLM burns down their own neighborhoods and nobody seems to care much about that.

• Like 3

I use a Corning Ware perk pot. But your right, coffee is sacred.

• Like 3

Are these not the same collective of individuals who call the “scream at the sky” brigade petulant children?

• Like 1

Those machines are nasty anyway. Take one apart that’s been used for a year. Gross. 

• Like 1

lol, that is stupid, but i over did them few years ago, i had my coffee vendor remove all kureg machines (11 total) from our HQ. and replace them with different type, thou my decision was based on price of k cups, not on anything else. machines themselves were actually given us for free, our vendor made money by selling us k cups. new machines use small bagies. and they are cheaper than k cups,. but 1 thing i miss about kureg, is their blueberry coffee.  that was the best tasting coffee out of few dozens flavors they carried. unfortunately new system does not offer that flavor yet,

Edited by aztek

I think the reason for pulling the ads is silly and so is smashing your covffefe maker.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Odin11 said:

23472815_514133058971485_7186548908701622751_n.png.dfac3df87c55655655751ebca794bba2.png

Like when the church groups were buying Harry Potter books and burning them....:huh:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Like when the church groups were buying Harry Potter books and burning them....:huh:

Really? :huh: Must have been really small groups. Are you sure it wasn't Westboro Baptist Church? I live surrounded by churches and Christian schools including having the teachers, preachers and students as close friends. I have never heard of a single one or their friends that didn't love Harry Potter. They even name their pets after the characters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Really? :huh: Must have been really small groups. Are you sure it wasn't Westboro Baptist Church? I live surrounded by churches and Christian schools including having the teachers, preachers and students as close friends. I have never heard of a single one or their friends that didn't love Harry Potter. They even name their pets after the characters.

The Truth Bible Church near me did that.  But they don't get along with any of the other churches around here.

• Like 1

The point is that the money has already reached the pockets of the companies.  Having hissy fits doesn't solve anything.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

First, there’s some history with book burning and Harry Potter. Christian groups actually organized mass Potter burns back in 2001, protesting the novels as satanic.

https://www.google.ca/amp/ew.com/books/2017/02/01/rowling-trump-burn-harry-potter-books/amp/

and burned more this year

I see...one church maybe two called for mass book burnings. That's what I thought. Those are the most well worn books I've seen in years. You couldn't pry them out of their hands. :lol:

• Like 2

It looks like I'll go with Ancestry DNA now. I saw the Hannity interview, and Sean was fair and firm with Moore. In fact, he revealed that Moore likely was full of crap after Sean asked him about dating teen girls when he was in his thirties. In fact, Moore's opponents should thank Hannity for revealing Moore's evasions for all to see. Moore wouldn't answer whether or not he dated teen girls when he was in his thirties. He strongly denied the allegations about the fourteen-year-old girl, though. I guess that the leftists wanted Sean to scream at Moore. The Hannity interview was quite revealing to impartial listeners. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

I think the reason for pulling the ads is silly and so is smashing your covffefe maker.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, it seems like a whole bunch of pettiness is going around 

Even John Sylvan, the inventor of the popular Keurig K-Cups, is reported to have said that he regrets making the non-recyclable, single-serve coffee pods, because they are bad for the environment. Not to mention gouging the public on the cost of coffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I see...one church maybe two called for mass book burnings. That's what I thought. Those are the most well worn books I've seen in years. You couldn't pry them out of their hands. :lol:

I never said mass book burnings.  And my point was stupid tbings people are doing or have done and it cost THEM to have items to destroy, not the producers of the items.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I never said mass book burnings.  And my point was stupid tbings people are doing or have done and it cost THEM to have items to destroy, not the producers of the items.

I know you didn't but the article did. I wouldn't destroy anything of mine either. No skin off their backs.

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I know you didn't but the article did. I wouldn't destroy anything of mine either. No skin off their backs.

It's just silly to destroy anything.  It proves nothing.  It all seems so childish.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It looks like I'll go with Ancestry DNA now. I saw the Hannity interview, and Sean was fair and firm with Moore. In fact, he revealed that Moore likely was full of crap after Sean asked him about dating teen girls when he was in his thirties. In fact, Moore's opponents should thank Hannity for revealing Moore's evasions for all to see. Moore wouldn't answer whether or not he dated teen girls when he was in his thirties. He strongly denied the allegations about the fourteen-year-old girl, though. I guess that the leftists wanted Sean to scream at Moore. The Hannity interview was quite revealing to impartial listeners. 

And Keurig has admitted their error, in a manner of speaking.

link

Harte

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

Yes, it cost them. But it also cost Keurig, since those machines weren't replaced with Keurig's machines.

Harte

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

Yes, it cost them. But it also cost Keurig, since those machines weren't replaced with Keurig's machines.

Harte

I think they make the lion's share of their money from the K cups.

11 hours ago, OverSword said:

Well I guess they really mean it.  Personally I can't see myself doing this because obviously coffee transcends politics.  I mean some things are holy, right?  I guess my question is will Keurig cave?  These guys are just smashing coffee makers, BLM burns down their own neighborhoods and nobody seems to care much about that.

Maybe they should each buy three or four and do repeats.  That would really hurt Keurig.

• Like 2