Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BrooklynGuy

The American Mafia Today

536 posts in this topic

Trelane

Has anyone received any word from @BrooklynGuy? Seems really strange how he's been completely silent here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

F3SS
On 2/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, Trelane said:

Has anyone received any word from @BrooklynGuy? Seems really strange how he's been completely silent here.

I didn't interact with him much but I'll never forget how he just vanished. I wouldn't have taken much notice had he not sent me a mysterious private message that he never followed up on a day or 2 before his last post.

Edit: yea I already covered that duh... but seriously, that always stuck with me

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rashore

He hasn't shown up in quite a bit. Well over 6 months since last being here and making plans to be in contact again soon according to our previous posts. Considering his posting with this subject matter, and the way last year went with illnesses.. I'm a bit concerned. 

Thing we should try figuring out if something happened? 

F3SS, do you have any idea why BG would have sent you a PM asking for information? Did you two help each other out with Mafia stuff? I know over time I picked his brain about stuff, heh. 

• Like 2

Piney
On 2/1/2021 at 10:32 PM, Trelane said:

Did you try PMing him so it pops up in his email? 

• Like 2

Trelane
7 hours ago, Piney said:

Did you try PMing him so it pops up in his email? 

I have. Nothing yet unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

F3SS
On 2/4/2021 at 6:42 PM, rashore said:

He hasn't shown up in quite a bit. Well over 6 months since last being here and making plans to be in contact again soon according to our previous posts. Considering his posting with this subject matter, and the way last year went with illnesses.. I'm a bit concerned. 

Thing we should try figuring out if something happened? 

F3SS, do you have any idea why BG would have sent you a PM asking for information? Did you two help each other out with Mafia stuff? I know over time I picked his brain about stuff, heh. 

No not at all. I screenshotted the pm. Its on the previous page. The entirety of our interactions was here on this thread. I dknt recall ever going back and forth with him on any other threads, at least not regularly. I also only have a fleeting interest in the subject. I just posted some things about the mafia in Pittsburgh to share with this thread then one night he says he needed to ask me something, I said sure and that's as far as it went. 

You say he's checked in here at least 6 months ago. Since he left in November of 19 that means he at least was alive long after he disappeared here so that's good. 

rashore
14 minutes ago, F3SS said:

No not at all. I screenshotted the pm. Its on the previous page. The entirety of our interactions was here on this thread. I dknt recall ever going back and forth with him on any other threads, at least not regularly. I also only have a fleeting interest in the subject. I just posted some things about the mafia in Pittsburgh to share with this thread then one night he says he needed to ask me something, I said sure and that's as far as it went. 

You say he's checked in here at least 6 months ago. Since he left in November of 19 that means he at least was alive long after he disappeared here so that's good. 

My bad, I misspoke. I misread his last post- it's from 2019. And I meant well over 6 months since the last time this thread was brought up. Sorry about that. Got my whole thought there mashed up a bit. 

Looking back through posts here.. You mentioned something about your dad in the 2000's and a person and Brooklyn said they didn't know who that was, and gave you some info to check out. That was on Nov. 16. On the 17th, you posted more. Could it be possible he was following up on that tip?

F3SS
16 minutes ago, rashore said:

My bad, I misspoke. I misread his last post- it's from 2019. And I meant well over 6 months since the last time this thread was brought up. Sorry about that. Got my whole thought there mashed up a bit. 

Looking back through posts here.. You mentioned something about your dad in the 2000's and a person and Brooklyn said they didn't know who that was, and gave you some info to check out. That was on Nov. 16. On the 17th, you posted more. Could it be possible he was following up on that tip?

Thats about the only thing I could think of because I don't believe I led him to think I had any more information than I posted which all came from searching the internet.

20 years ago my dad had a stint in real-estate and he showed me a house he had shown someone. It was a mob house and was frankly a really cool house. It piqued my interest back then and I did some research to see who it was. This thread jogged my memory and I decided to see what all I could find again to share with this thread. We never met the former owners and have no connections to anyone in organized crime.

Outside of this, my mafia knowledge comes from the movies. I really have no idea what he wanted to ask me. Maybe it was something about Pittsburgh locations or something or on the ground footwork for his research lol. Just the way he phrased it... I need to ask you something... So strange. BG if you ever come back we need an explanation!

• Like 2

Trelane

It looks as though things might not be as "dead and gone" in Buffalo NY as once thought;

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/pharoahs-owner-charged-with-bribing-dea-agent-as-feds-investigate-buffalo-mafia/article_6d9d428e-7abc-11eb-b85d-fbc423a29063.html#tracking-source=home-trending

More to follow of course on this as things seem to be just be getting started.

• Like 1

Trelane

Another individual has been indicted and apparently has ties to the gentlemen in my previous post;

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/alleged-organized-crime-associate-faces-new-charges-of-covid-19-fraud-money-laundering/article_b2d6c608-7c4d-11eb-8590-c39f4b3469e8.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

I guess the boys were greedy along with being sloppy.

• Like 1

Trelane

As the investigation into alleged Mafia ties in the City of Buffalo and a local DEA agent continues to bring indictments, there's been a curious new twist. It appears there is possibility of a  connection of a State Supreme Court Justice and this investigation. 

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/feds-examine-ties-between-judge-hit-by-train-and-indicted-strip-club-owner/article_4a09a440-804b-11eb-b10d-e39c2038b7b8.html

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/sources-judge-lay-on-tracks-before-train-hit-him/article_100239dc-80e7-11eb-8a34-a7528a9dcd05.html