Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What it feels like, to DIE

seeder

What it feels like to DIE: People who have narrowly escaped death describe their 'last moments' - from a deep sense of calm to the 'worst loneliness'

People from round the world have shared experiences of near death with Quora
    Christopher Mooney from Bristol felt deep calm and even a sense of amusement
    New Yorker Kiara St. Clara cried out to dead loved ones but nobody came
    Another woman felt herself moving out of body towards a bright light

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5078961/What-really-feels-like-die.html#ixzz4yPkxQXJ1

But the bottom line is, that they did not die, weren't dead as in body beginnng the decaying process.  Interesting, nonetheless.

• Like 3

One can experience processes leading up to death, but I'm not sure if one can consciously experience death itself. That wouldn't make much sense to me, as death implies that there is no consciousness.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Am I the only one who laughed at the word 'DIE' being in all caps?

it's the daily mail, that's BASICALLY their THING*

*along with having journalistic standards so low that they don't actually exist

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

it's the daily mail, that's BASICALLY their THING*

*along with having journalistic standards so low that they don't actually exist

whats wrong with the Daily Mail exactly?   They always quote their source, heres a a snip from the article... if you even read it

Those who may be able to share some insight, however, are people who have narrowly escaped death - and some have shared their experiences in a Quora thread to shed some light on one of life's greatest mysteries. 

• Like 1

yes, i did read the article. a quora forum thread is not exactly a good source.

the daily mail is straight up a tabloid.

Quora isn't a forum either....

It’s not a forum — this isn’t the place where somebody posts something with a view to generating commentary responses from others.

Quora is squarely a question-and-answer site where users post questions (not comments, not stories, not anything else) and then wait for other users to provide answers specifically for the question set.

Answers that don’t significantly (or even substantially) answer the question may be downvoted by other users, or be collapsed or flagged for removal by moderators.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Quora-a-forum-or-a-blog

ok? they're still unverified stories posted on the internet. that's not a good source.

listen, i don't like the daily mail, and i was making a joke off of that, but i wasn't trying to attack you or the story itself. i'll stop now.

It's interesting to read such accounts, but none of them died, so it's not in any way proof of what is going to happen to us when we finally croak. Still interesting, though!

I believe it depends on your defination of the word " dead " It is possible to die for a length of time.Your body doesnt breath for a length of time is tht not dead?..No pulse for a length of time is that not dead?..No clinical signs of life is that not dead?..You may be brought back to being alive but for a period of time were you not dead?Dead is dead..Staying in a dead state is exactly that.Staying in a dead state.

Edited by Rightfully
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rightfully said:

I believe it depends on your defination of the word " dead " It is possible to die for a length of time.Your body doesnt breath for a length of time is tht not dead?..No pulse for a length of time is that not dead?..No clinical signs of life is that not dead?..You may be brought back to being alive but for a period of time were you not dead?Dead is dead..Staying in a dead state is exactly that.Staying in a dead state.

No, disagree.  In all the examples of NDE, whether the medical monitors indicate it or not, the brain has not died.  True death is when the brain function has ceased permanently.  You cannot recover from brain death to report on the experience.  Death may be supposed when brain activity seems to have ceased, but when those people then recover to report NDE it is clear their brain was alive and kicking but just keeping schtum for reasons of its own.

To suppose your theory is true its true thn that during the event or episode yr brain is slowing dying due to the lack of oxygen.supplied so very well could be shown where they maybe headed an you are able to remember the actual experience when yr bodily fuction does return.Is tht truly too hard too imagine.

• Like 1

We have been back from brain dead injury from zero brain activity injuries.We have come back from places that cant be explained some call pure miracles.To say we cant survive such things is false.Miracles happen more often than we know or even here about but whats true is they do happen.

• Like 2

Having no personal experience,  I have read that dying can be either peaceful or extraordinary painful... Generally somewhere in between.

We are, after all, biological creatures similar to apes.

Thus our bodies, in a death throw, can be peaceful or excruciating.

Lethal cancer, for example, can be very, very painful.

A sudden cardiac arrest can be very peaceful.

• Like 1

I experienced a near death experience when I was 11yrs old I was perfectly healthy at the time.I went to kiss my mum goodbye as I was leaving home to walk to school.My jaw locked up I couldnt open my mouth to speak but my mother saw my eyes an knew something was wrong.I remember pointing to my jaw an then falling to the floor.In a matter of moments like 2or3 seconds I was looking down on my body an my mum who was franticly lifting my head rubbing my face an yelling for my older sister who was at the time 15yrs old.She came an I could hear mum saying I wasnt breathing an crying pleading to my sister to help.My sister gave me cpr an chest compressions.Meanwhile im watching all of this unfold from a corner of the ceiling it felt like it was jus my face there.I do remember being very frightened an tears were falling down my face.After awhile of cpr my sister fainted an fell to the ground also by now my mum was hesterical at that moment I returned to my body an woke up an said mum crying an jus hugged my mother.I then checked my sister who at this stage started to slowly wake up an we all just hugged each other an cried.Mum helped me to the couch where laid down while she got me a orange juice.We then went to the doctors.I didnt tell anyone for about 4yrs what I experienced for fear people would think I was bonkers.While I was experiencing this I haxd no pain it actually felt warm an peacefully beautiful but like I said I was very frightened but my surroundings were lovely.I saw very bright lights but they were warm an inviting I did go towards the lights but I felt myself say MUM in fear then I was back in my body.I believe there is more than this life here.I believe there is an afterlife exactly what it is I am unsure but I do know it felt like a beautifully peaceful place.The doctors sent me for many tests over a long period of time but never did find any reason why it happened.It happened one more time about 3months later but the experience did not happen that time only the first time.So I do believe with every ounce of my being that there is more in store for us when we are done here an I now at 48yrs old dont fear it at all.My mum has since passed away but I know shes in a beautifully peaceful place.I also believe when your heart stops so does the pain.Thanks for taking the time to read my experience..

• Like 3