Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus replaced with a sausage roll

Still Waters

Greggs the bakers has apologised for swapping Jesus for a sausage roll in a promotional image for its advent calendar.

It shows a nativity scene with three wise men gathered around a pastry instead of Christ.

Christian Twitter users said the advert was disrespectful to their religion.

"I'm glad Christians kicked off and Greggs apologised," wrote one Twitter user. "No other religion would stand for that nonsense."

Other people joined in calls for organisations to "respect all faiths equally".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41997936/greggs-sorry-for-swapping-jesus-for-sausage-roll-in-nativity-scene

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I declare a fatwa.

Don't you mean a crusade? "Join us on our holy crusade against them! (Bring coffee -  it goes well with pastries)"

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I wish people would quit apologising for stuff like this. 

I wish people would stop getting so bent out of shape over stupid stuff.

• Like 4

How offended you are maybe depends on whether or not you are a Christian.  Easy to dismiss this issue but, if it were your fave thing/idol etc then would you mind Greggs just replacing it with, say, a meat pie?   Perspective.....

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I wish people would quit apologising for stuff like this. 

I apologise for that :)

• Like 4

Don't wisemen have to eat. It look like some guys having dinner after a long hike. Couldn't the narrative be, "After paying respects to baby JEsus, they had sausage roll."  bada bing bada boom...   No, not funny?  Nobody ever said humor was easy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Essan said:

I apologise for that :)

You're apology offends me. I might have to rant and rave to draw attention to how offended I am.:rolleyes::lol:

People take too many unimportant things too seriously. 

• Like 3

We shouldnt laugh (not least because those so afflicted cannot laugh) but there are many people today - and the number seem to be rising by the day - afflicted by a nasty thing called inflatu-un-apologensia.  A quite serious condition whereby the victims are unable to breath other than through their arses.   And if unoffended they develop extreme constipation, meaning, well, they cannot breathe ......  and they die.  No laughing matter (see above)   Especially when so constipated! The only remedy for this condition, especially in its extreme forms, which especially afllicts people who arent at all famous, but think they should be, is for them to express their extreme outrage at everything that happens. 

Apparently the only way to save them is by an injection of common sense.   But with common sense rarer that a yellow-spotted lesser Moon cow or, indeed, the England football team winning a penalty shoot-out, it currently sells for £2bn an ounce.   And when did you last meet someone with an ounce of common sense?! 

Basically then, they are b"ggered*.  And so are we.

* not literally .....  that would make it even worse!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

We shouldnt laugh (not least because those so afflicted cannot laugh) but there are many people today - and the number seem to be rising by the day - afflicted by a nasty thing called inflatu-un-apologensia.  A quite serious condition whereby the victims are unable to breath other than through their arses.   And if unoffended they develop extreme constipation, meaning, well, they cannot breathe ......  and they die.  No laughing matter (see above)   Especially when so constipated! The only remedy for this condition, especially in its extreme forms, which especially afllicts people who arent at all famous, but think they should be, is for them to express their extreme outrage at everything that happens. 

Apparently the only way to save them is by an injection of common sense.   But with common sense rarer that a yellow-spotted lesser Moon cow or, indeed, the England football team winning a penalty shoot-out, it currently sells for £2bn an ounce.   And when did you last meet someone with an ounce of common sense?! 

Basically then, they are b"ggered*.  And so are we.

* not literally .....  that would make it even worse!

:lol::lol::lol:

That's hilarious. 

You have to think there's someone like Larry David behind it who ate the baby Jesus, and all they had to sub him with was a sausage roll. 

imagine how weak your faith and your god must be, if the mere words of mortals can wound its pride...

sheesh

• Like 1

I dunno ... maybe its more of a case of the Three Wise Men being tempted with pork related produce ...

~

It's hard for me to believe more people don't have a sense of humor about this. 

This is pretty funny. 

• Like 3

“In the make of the corn dog, the wienie and the holy sausage...” 

3 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I bet they wouldn't dare poke fun at Islam or any other religion like this.

Other religions are less enlightened - and some of their adherents are primitive, ignorant, nutters.  Unlike Christians who are not only living in, at least, the 19th century, but even have a sense of humour.   Right?  ;) 

I can understand how this is offensive to some people- some folks take their religion, Jesus, and the nativity with Jesus birth very seriously and devoutly. IMO if they had used Mary and Joseph that would have crossed over the line more. I found the wisemen around the sausage funny. But then, one of my hobbies is miniatures and food and I find a lot of this sort of thing very funny in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Other religions are less enlightened - and some of their adherents are primitive, ignorant, nutters.  Unlike Christians who are not only living in, at least, the 19th century, but even have a sense of humour.   Right?  ;) 

It's not a case of whether or not I have a sense of humour. It just angers a lot of people that poking fun at Islam, for example, is deemed "Islamophobic" by certain people whilst Christianity is deemed to be open to ridicule.

Many of those laughing at Lord Jesus being replaced by a sausage roll would be the first to cry "Racist!" or "Islamopobic!" should Mohammed be replaced by a sausage roll or any other pork product. 

Edited by Black Monk

6 hours ago, Black Monk said:

I bet they wouldn't dare poke fun at Islam or any other religion like this.

Two words...

South Park.

• Like 2