Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum Physics and Consciousness

Aquila King

14 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Do you have anything of interest to post?

It always seem to be a problem pointing out to people that the emperor is naked. It might be fun to believe in woo but people have to accept that there is no evidence. When people realize that there is no support people get quite upset being discovered to be naked.

Do you have anything of interest to post? Evidence was already posted in this thread. See the video. 

(Whoever posts last is the winner, right?)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I used to be a spiritual person till I found the pitfalls of it. 

Namely, what?

5 minutes ago, SmokeRider said:

(Whoever posts last is the winner, right?)

You forgot: Whoever posts the same thing over and over again suddenly makes their claims somehow true. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, SmokeRider said:

Namely, what?

That's it all a lie created by people to make their lives feel important. It's a story people tell in order to soften the sting of death. To give them a sense that there is always some karmic retribution when there isn't one. That even the worst things in life happen to either test your spirit or were meant to be. None of this is true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Evidence or just confirmation bias. 

Which part of the video did you disagree with? Which scientist did you disagree with? Which experiment did you disagree with? Which conclusion did you disagree with? And why?

Just now, SmokeRider said:

Which part of the video did you disagree with? Which scientist did you disagree with? Which experiment did you disagree with? Which conclusion did you disagree with? And why?

By the way who the hell are you and why should I care? 

31 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Do you have anything of interest to post?

It always seem to be a problem pointing out to people that the emperor is naked. It might be fun to believe in woo but people have to accept that there is no evidence. When people realize that there is no support people get quite upset being discovered to be naked.

Why do people 'have to accept that there is no evidence' ? Why is this important? What group of people HAVE to have their evidence? Probably not the spiritualists. :) I can believe in faeries and still lead a happy productive life.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

You forgot: Whoever posts the same thing over and over again suddenly makes their claims somehow true. :rolleyes:

Evidence = repetition of someone's opinion. Okey doke. :)

• Like 1

Since this is a hot topic, and I realize many members are participating in this thread right now... I'm going to give a friendly general reminder of UM rules at this time. Sometimes it's wise to remind folks about it in general..

By registering or participating on the Unexplained Mysteries web site you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions. Our goal is to provide a high quality discussion environment for our visitors, these terms are in place to prevent disruption and to maintain a safe and friendly discussion service. The following terms apply to the discussion forum, private messenger, profile statuses, member blogs, image gallery and any other official UM sites or services. A "post" is defined as any message, comment or media contributed to the above.

Take time to read the site rules all members here agreed to when they signed up on UM, found here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/guidelines/

Again, this is just a random friendly rules reminder :tu:

Rashore, moderating team

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

People get upset at the fact that you refuse to acknowledge the evidence that they present as even being evidence in the first place.

They get upset at the fact that you mock and belittle believers in the spiritual as believing in 'woo' (a mocking misrepresentation of what they actually purport to believe in), and that they do so because they're essentially too dull and dim-witted to understand what you higher ups on the intelligence scale are so lucky to understand.

They get upset at the wild accusations you make about how they believe in what they believe in because they want to, or because they're too emotionally inferior to you to be able to accept otherwise.

They get upset at the fact that you are completely blind to your own bias and dogma whilst accusing others of that which you yourselves are guilty.

They get upset towards your pious condescension and attitude towards those you simply disagree with, as you are the sole proprietors of truth, and everyone other then you is living a lie and fantasy of which you are so conveniently immune to.

They do not get upset over being told the truth. They get upset over you and your attitude. It isn't the message, it's the messenger.

As far as I can see no evidence supporting this thread or papageorge1's idea has been presented.

Just because you posted a link to something from Sheldrake is rather meaningless. Where is all of that glop is evidence for something related to this thread?

Is your mocking due to dim-wittedness as you suggest? It is funny how the woo believers that have nothing but feelings and a close minded belief pretend that others witout these feeble failings do not have well balanced emotions.

So please continue on with your new dogma and instead of whining please present the evidence.

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's it all a lie created by people to make their lives feel important. It's a story people tell in order to soften the sting of death. To give them a sense that there is always some karmic retribution when there isn't one. That even the worst things in life happen to either test your spirit or were meant to be. None of this is true.

Fair enough. I'm no longer in organized religion but I like my own spirituality. It makes me feel good. Even if science disagrees with it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SmokeRider said:

Why do people 'have to accept that there is no evidence' ? Why is this important? What group of people HAVE to have their evidence? Probably not the spiritualists. :) I can believe in faeries and still lead a happy productive life.

There is my answer. You have nothing of interest with respect to the thread topic to post.

Evidence is also about determining the validity of an idea. if you choose to believe in something without any need to consider if it is baloney or not then by all means continue to do so. If you want others to believe in it then you might need to provide some evidence for doing so.

1 minute ago, SmokeRider said:

Fair enough. I'm no longer in organized religion but I like my own spirituality. It makes me feel good. Even if science disagrees with it.

In what way does science disagree with your spirituality?

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

By the way who the hell are you and why should I care? 

I'm nobody of consequence. Just a poster on a web forum. There seemed to be a disagreement about evidence vs no evidence. I watched a video and it looked like evidence to me so I wondered which part you didn't think was evidence?

Really, nothing matters that much. It's just web debate.

35 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

That's in the realm of the woo. That's what papageorge1 often tells us. It is the repeated and consistent tales from those he respects that are the basis for the beliefs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmokeRider said:

There is a line between the psychological benefits and claiming that "God is real". When you use spirituality for the psychological benefit, I am absolutely cool with that. It can be therapeutic in a way. A means of organizing and directing your thoughts and even programming your subconscious. But when people want to claim "God is real." We need evidence to support that claim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

There is a line between the psychological benefits and claiming that "God is real". When you use spirituality for the psychological benefit, I am absolutely cool with that. It can be therapeutic in a way. A means of organizing and directing your thoughts and even programming your subconscious. But when people want to claim "God is real." We need evidence to support that claim. 

I'm in the 'not sure' category. Part of me believes in the supernatural. Part of me doesn't. Whether anyone accepts what I have to say here, is up to them. I assume most materialists will not accept my opinion on 'woo.' That's ok.

Are there shades of woo? Shades of reality? Or is it black and white? Either full woo or fully real?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SmokeRider said:

I'm in the 'not sure' category. Part of me believes in the supernatural. Part of me doesn't. Whether anyone accepts what I have to say here, is up to them. I assume most materialists will not accept my opinion on 'woo.' That's ok.

Are there shades of woo? Shades of reality? Or is it black and white? Either full woo or fully real?

Your talking about possibilities. Sure there are a great number of possible things. Yet we need proof they exist. The woo hucksters try to prove without proof. Which is why quantum + anything tends to set off the woo alarms. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Your talking about possibilities. Sure there are a great number of possible things. Yet we need proof they exist. The woo hucksters try to prove without proof. Which is why quantum + anything tends to set off the woo alarms. 

Is Dr Kaku in that video a wooist? Or legit, in your opinion?

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

And that is why you fail to support anything. Anecdotal claims are not evidence. 

Umm.... actually... I think a Magistrate or Lawyer might argue with that ? What is a witness statement other than an anecdotal claim ? And yet they are regarded as evidence in a court of law ?

34 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.... actually... I think a Magistrate or Lawyer might argue with that ? What is a witness statement other than an anecdotal claim ? And yet they are regarded as evidence in a court of law ?

I'm talking about papageorge and his claims.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Don't confuse the legal system with a search for truth.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked