Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Eyed Children / Black eyed kids

Ithappenedirl

16 minutes ago, Ithappenedirl said:

@papageorge1 it was the craziest thing that's ever happened to me. I've thought about knocking on their door but I have no idea what I'd say to them. I guess I could just tell them I saw their encounter and from where I was it looked incredibly supernatural and wrong and tell them what I felt and ask if they'd feel comfortable talking to me about their perspective on what happened. It would help maybe make more sense of the whole thing. I have been obviously obsessively reading about black eyed people since it happened to try and figure out what they are or want or were doing and it seems there are earlier accounts but Brian bethel was the first to write his online. Since he did that apparently others came forward with their stories, and I read one about someone named Harold in the 50s that seems to be on a few different sites. I wish there were more credible stories than on forums. Idk if I can talk to my neighbor maybe she filed a police report or something and I could take a picture of it and upload it? 

Also, I would like to know if your boyfriend is also convinced he saw something paranormal.

• Like 1

@papageorge1 yes he is totally convinced it was paranormal. He has been bothered by a number of things since we moved tbh and attributes them all to the paranormal. He often hears conversations being had in other rooms when no one's there, hearing walking, running, crashing and falling something's in other rooms or the roof, and where we moved from he mentioned things that are seemingly unexplainable (Alberta arts district Portland) happening. He is also a believer in many conspiracy theories and enjoys stories of the paranormal but usually is pretty skeptical of others encounters. I'll try to get him to post on here too from his perspective.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ithappenedirl said:

@papageorge1 yes he is totally convinced it was paranormal. 

Wow, just wow. This universe is getting more interesting all the time! I hope they never affect you negatively but just their existence is so interesting. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ithappenedirl said:

@XenoFish be thrilled to be a secondary reader of my own story, but unfortunately it's not just an urban legend for me anymore. It's an experience in my life that I wish didn't happen. I'd prefer to go back to blissfully writing off the rooftop footsteps at night as just weird noises or tops of trees brushing against it. I saw two enteties that seemingly emitted grave feelings of danger, literally dematerialize, and I know that sounds insane, but I don't live in a Steven spieldberg movie, I live in Portland. I'm shaken to my core by what happened and wish I could write it off but I have no way of explaining it. It would be nice to to be so on edge now at home at night but unfortunately I no longer have that luxury. 

You saw 2 entities, you do know that you can 'manifest' them as visual hallucinations right? We had a similar conversation about this in another thread. Could very well been possible that this was just a subconscious manifestation of your own fears. It's easy to 'write things off' when you start to take apart the experience. Once you see the moving parts, the spooks and specter's tend to vanish.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ithappenedirl said:

He often hears conversations being had in other rooms when no one's there, hearing walking, running, crashing and falling something's in other rooms or the roof, and where we moved from

Did he ever play contact sports or crash any wheeled vehicles? This sounds like some of the visual and audio hallucinations that I have from getting too many hits to the skull. They can also happen from a aneurysm on the brain or a birth defect. Luckily i had a good neurologist tell me that these things happen and gave me details so I never assumed supernatural. I would suggest that they see one before things get worse.....and they do. 

• Like 1

@@XenoFish so I hallucinated the interaction between my neighbor and two entities and them on the roof and again hallucinated the next night but shared that hallucination with my boyfriend? Totally sober no history of hallucinating? 

@Piney he was a skateboarder but i don't think any significant accident or injury occured. I'll ask.

I left a note on the door of my neighbor to contact me if open to it so hopefully I hear from them. 

• Like 2

There are such a thing as false memories, even misremembering something, and hallucinations (thus the black eyes) do not always require drugs or booze. Like I said, subconscious. Could be that you got some mental wires crossed, it happens to all of us at some point. Plus right not I am not feeling up to debating this. Maybe later, but you can just ignore me if you want. I'm fine with that. I get the feeling that you're only wanting confirmation of something paranormal. 

1 minute ago, Ithappenedirl said:

@@XenoFish so I hallucinated the interaction between my neighbor and two entities and them on the roof and again hallucinated the next night but shared that hallucination with my boyfriend? Totally sober no history of hallucinating? 

@Piney he was a skateboarder but i don't think any significant accident or injury occured. I'll ask.

I left a note on the door of my neighbor to contact me if open to it so hopefully I hear from them. 

From reading your follow-up posts, my opinion of the likeliness that you experienced the paranormal has only increased from my original post.

• Like 2

@Ithappenedirl   Since your experience have you done any internet searching as to theories on what could be going on with the black eyed kids phenomena?

@Ithappenedirl, I read your story, and it is certainly a spooky one. I take most things as being paranormal with a pinch of salt, and from what Iv'e gathered from your post, you normally do as well ? 

I can't help but wonder tho, if these were just two wayward, streetwise kids out to scare people in the neighbourhood (just for larks) late at night. It also sounds that the timing of this wasn't all that long after Halloween...so maybe they were just wearing these 'black eyed' face masks that they still had in their possession after Halloween was over ?...

Also, you had mentioned that the neighbours balcony was far away from yours when you noticed these two kids, not to mention how dark it is at 2am in the morning, where your eye's can definitely play tricks on you by trying to decipher things more clearly, and where your imagination can start to go into over-drive. Believe me, Iv'e been there.

You also mentioned that your neighbour across the ways was on the phone by assuming she called the police after her encounter with these kids (which is understandable). Did you notice if the police had turned up ?....anyway's do try to talk to the neighbour if you can, even if you don't hear from her after you left the note. It would be interesting to know what she says. 

Just to add - maybe these two little brats used a fire escape to climb onto the neighbours roof ?

Also, they obviously saw you. So they then figured they'd go and spook you too. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ithappenedirl said:

It's good to figure out if others around you are hearing and seeing the same things you are. The best way to investigate that is not to tell them what you've seen or heard, and see if what they tell you matches up. 

I have a different take on the thoughtform idea, because I know they can be manifested so that others around you can experience them. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

@Ithappenedirl   Since your experience have you done any internet searching as to theories on what could be going on with the black eyed kids phenomena?

@Ithappenedirl

Since my post above, I went out and refreshed and expanded my knowledge on this subject. I was taken with how typical the points you mentioned were also mentioned by other experiencers. It seems they provoke an emotional fear response that doesn't seem warranted for kids. They seem to come out of nowhere and then go nowhere (like the dematerialization in front of your eyes). They always seem to urgently want access to a car or house but the fear response from the experiencer prevents this. Also as you said, others report their speaking in a monotone voice.

I do believe they involve the paranormal and there are theories on what they could be. This fear response people seem to naturally have to them makes me lean to the negative side as to what they could be.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

They make contact lenses that can give you black eyes.

Gosh, there's practically nothing you can't buy or purchase on line anymore. I bet the black-eyed face masks, and contact lenses are quite popular at Halloween time with the kids. Especially in places like Abilene or Portland where this urban legend was apparently born in the late 90's. I gotta say that these creepypasta stories can be a lot of fun though. One of my favourites is Slenderman. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Astra. said:

Gosh, there's practically nothing you can't buy or purchase on line anymore. I bet the black-eyed face masks, and contact lenses are quite popular at Halloween time with the kids. Especially in places like Abilene or Portland where this urban legend was apparently born in the late 90's. I gotta say that these creepypasta stories can be a lot of fun though. One of my favourites is Slenderman. 

Especially kids that might want to Trick rather than Treat. But what would we know right.;)

• Like 2

Last I’ve seen those black lenses are like 300 bucks. You might have a group of kids who have one pair, but most likely they wouldn’t all have them. 

Or maybe I’m just having flashbacks of being the poor kid lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Last I’ve seen those black lenses are like 300 bucks. You might have a group of kids who have one pair, but most likely they wouldn’t all have them. 

Or maybe I’m just having flashbacks of being the poor kid lol

Sclera lenses aren't quite that expensive anymore. You can get them for 70-90 bucks- and some places that sell real contacts are willing to give you a free pair to try out when you order functional contacts from them. It is still a fairly expensive prop for kids to indulge in just to spook some strangers.

29 minutes ago, rashore said:

Sclera lenses aren't quite that expensive anymore. You can get them for 70-90 bucks- and some places that sell real contacts are willing to give you a free pair to try out when you order functional contacts from them. It is still a fairly expensive prop for kids to indulge in just to spook some strangers.

Really? Oh man I'm getting some for next Halloween. B)

Its been a couple years since I've seen anything about it.

48 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Really? Oh man I'm getting some for next Halloween. B)

Its been a couple years since I've seen anything about it.

Yeah... weird lenses have come a long way over the last few years. There's a ton of different styles beyond sclera lenses now- quite popular amongst folks that do stuff like cosplay, fantasy stuff, Halloween stuff. If you aren't already a contact lens wearer, I would recommend starting out with a trial pair of cheaper, less intrusive lenses to see if you can deal with it or not. To my understanding sclera lenses are a bit bigger and more cumbersome to wear than standard prescription lenses. If you do wear contacts, you might not be able to wear sclera or other heavier block out lenses- but there are a lot of decorative prescription options out there too.

And also, make sure you check with your eye doctor before trying any lenses.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Let us not forget eyeball tattooing.

Ewww, let's do forget eyeball tattooing. Dangerous stuff that. And also, doubtful kids would have it done, they would need parent permission and contacts are easier and cheaper.

• Like 5

On 11/20/2017 at 6:29 AM, XenoFish said:

They make contact lenses that can give you black eyes.

They don't have "Fremen" though. :o

• Like 1

Just now, rashore said:

Ewww, let's do forget eyeball tattooing. Dangerous stuff that. And also, doubtful kids would have it done, they would need parent permission and contacts are easier and cheaper.

Maybe they weren't kids. Perhaps they were midgets?

• Like 4

• The topic was locked