Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Eyed Children / Black eyed kids

Ithappenedirl

Just now, XenoFish said:

You get a free like for the Dune reference.:tu:

Read the whole series more times than I can remember. I will read it again. Frank Herbert rules but Brian needs to keep his hand off his dad's stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

They don't have "Fremen" though. :o

Dune sclera lenses do exist, the site Xeno provided apparently does not sell them? But those are the expensive ones- usually custom, they can run 140-190 per lens.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Read the whole series more times than I can remember. I will read it again. Frank Herbert rules but Brian needs to keep his hand off his dad's stuff.

With this a whole heartedly agree. Read Frank's Dune series myself till the books were coming apart. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rashore said:

Sclera lenses aren't quite that expensive anymore. You can get them for 70-90 bucks- and some places that sell real contacts are willing to give you a free pair to try out when you order functional contacts from them. It is still a fairly expensive prop for kids to indulge in just to spook some strangers.

And I'll add that this ordering online would require an adult's credit card and a motivation. I know I would not have allowed my child  (typically 6 to 14 years old) to mess with their eyes for something like this. Not to say it isn't possible.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

And I'll add that this ordering online would require an adult's credit card and a motivation. I know I would not have allowed my child  (typically 6 to 14 year old) to mess with their eyes for something like this. Not to say it isn't possible.

Not all of it is online or with CC. Some folks get some of the weird lenses at Walmart optical around Halloween time, and other places sometimes have them in shop around Halloween time. Sometimes you can find them at better FX/costume/theatrical supply stores, the kind that are year round establishments. Still not terribly likely that kids 6-14 years old are going to be wandering by themselves in with cash in hand to buy. While optical departments do tend to not let kids 14 and under go to the doc and order lenses.. I don't think supply stores card or have age requirements like that, and probably could/would sell a 14 year old lenses.

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

Not all of it is online or with CC. Some folks get some of the weird lenses at Walmart optical around Halloween time, and other places sometimes have them in shop around Halloween time. Sometimes you can find them at better FX/costume/theatrical supply stores, the kind that are year round establishments. Still not terribly likely that kids 6-14 years old are going to be wandering by themselves in with cash in hand to buy. While optical departments do tend to not let kids 14 and under go to the doc and order lenses.. I don't think supply stores card or have age requirements like that, and probably could/would sell a 14 year old lenses.

Even aside from this Black Eyed Kids debate, it seems wrong that children should ever be allowed to purchase contact lenses without  a parent or guardian's consent just because of the risk of eye damage and infections.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, rashore said:

They were selling them at the dollar stores in Camden and Bridgeton until several teens had to have eye surgery because of them. But they were "normal' eye colors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

They were selling them at the dollar stores in Camden and Bridgeton until several teens had to have eye surgery because of them. But they were "normal' eye colors. 

Dollar store decorative contacts? For real? :no: That is just absurd. Although now the problem exists with the online selling of these lenses- some of the one size no prescriptions ones can be about as quality as the dollar store ones probably were. Cheapies off ebay and not good sites can really be buyer beware. This can be compounded when folks that don't usually wear contacts and unfamiliar with use and sanitation- and the notion of what's disposable or not- can really hurt their eyes.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Even aside from this Black Eyed Kids debate, it seems wrong that children should ever be allowed to purchase contact lenses without  a parent or guardian's consent just because of the risk of eye damage and infections.

If a parent will buy their kid a cellphone. I see no reason why they wouldn't buy those contacts.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If a parent will buy their kid a cellphone. I see no reason why they wouldn't buy those contacts.

No way. I can easily see kids getting a cellphone for good reasons.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Only if it's a flip phone without a camera. Smart phones are not healthy for anybody.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Piney said:

Only if it's a flip phone without a camera. Smart phones are not healthy for anybody.

I don’t understand? 

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

There are parents who will spoil their kids. Buy them anything they wanted. Either to make the happy, buy their love, or shut them up. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don’t understand? 

Social media is extremely unhealthy for kids and teens. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Social media is extremely unhealthy for kids and teens. 

It's unhealthy for anyone regardless of age. 

• Like 3

Hey guys I haven't been able to go through all the comments in detail but I've skimmed through some of your points and found a lot of that to be in line with my research that I've done since this has happened. I can't imagine kids that young on the street out here. I honestly had an experience of homelessness when I had to pay for a class out of pocket one semester unexpectedly. My parents were supposed to help but couldn't last minute and I was living outside for a couple months and then in a shelter for a few months after that. Once my financial aid kicked back in (I was on a medical leave prior to retaking the class so it's all a bit complicated to explain) I was able to move into a more stable rental situation. So I know what it's like being homeless in Portland and this just didn't seem to fit the bill. I had never seen kids that young on the street and with portlands social resources it really doesn't happen, especially in the rural area I live in now. The homeless population out here is pretty much nonexistent. So I have to consider it since this is always a possibility but I really just had this sense of something being very wrong with the whole thing. I can't explain the dread and fear these things illicited in me. 

I spoke with my neighbor as she responded to my note and left me a voicemail. After a brief game of phone tag we were able to have a long conversation about her experience that night. She woke up to knocking at around 12 apparently and went to find the source as it was continuous and sounded like someone wanting to get her attention to be let in. At that point she checked the front door and back door, but found no one to be there. She went back to sleep and was awoke again around 1:55 AM. This time she was shocked to turn her living room light on and see two small children on her back porch. She said she felt reluctant to open the door as she found it odd and confusing for them to be on her second floor porch in the middle of the night. So she tried to ask them through the door what they were doing out there and how they got there and she said the one who appeared to be maybe ten (older than the other) asked her in an empty expressionless way if they could please come inside. She asked what their names were, if they lived in the complex, all to which the girls only response was pleading to come in and asking if she could give them permission to enter so they can be on their way. She found her hand on the unlock without remembering moving it there and had no consious desire to open the door for them and when they finally made eye contact with her she broke her hand away from the door stepping backwards due to their "alarming pitch black eyes." She said they were there in front of her in the flesh, not seemingly ethereal in anyway. They were solid beings and she felt she was being tricked. She said she had an overwhelming feeling that told her they were not of this world. She told them to wait there and went to get her phone to call the police. When she got back to her balcony with the police on the phone they were simply "gone," and she asked for an officer to come by. After getting off the phone she began arguing with her husband who was now awake and in the living room with her. She started crying frustrated from his doubt of her account of what happened. He had heard her talking to someone but apparently hadn't heard the voice of anyone responding to her questions. That's when they both heard bone chilling scratching on the roof above them. Her sense of panick was in high gear and her husband went out the front door and downstairs to see if he could see anything on the roof, telling her to lock the door after him.  She described the gut wrenching sound and said it went on for maybe  five to ten minutes but for what felt like an hour. Suddenly it stopped and not long after the police arrived. She gave a report to one while another looked around for anything suspicious. They told her it was impossible for two small children to have gotten access to her balcony without being let into her apartment and questioned her and her husband with what she felt was total disbelief. She was very disheartened by their lack of seriousness in regard to her encounter and they were mostly concerned with asking her about alcohol consumption or mental illness once she described the eyes of these children. Completely black, no sclera or whiteness anywhere, and they seemed larger than a typical human eye. She and her husband are now out of town for Thanksgiving but she said she'd be happy to show me her copy of the police report and was captivated with what I had seen as a bystander as well as what my boyfriend and I experienced the following night.

I keep thinking I see them outside at night, but it's always for such a brief moment. I have done research on the condo complex which was built in 1965 so it's pretty old. I guess it's reasonable to assume at some point children could have passed away that were living in one of the units but I haven't heard any horror stories or found anything to suggest something sinister is going on or these entities were undead in some way (like spirits or something). No Indian burrial grounds or anything like that. I roll my eyes but this whole thing has really got me thinking. I have seen the contacts and I think it would be hard for kids that young to make a purchase like that, they are relatively expensive, reviews say they are extremely uncomfortable, and that they often don't end up covering the whole eye as advertised. It's hard to believe a ten and six year old would commit to a prank like that, and if they are homeless where would they send the purchase to? I think these things would have to be ordered online and if you don't have an address you can't buy things online. Also it was so late if they weren't homeless I don't know what kind of parents would allow their kids to run around in a pretty mellow rural area like the one I live in but I guess it's possible. 

The police seemed to be convinced there is no way they could've gotten up there alone or from another balcony as they are all pretty far apart, and no access to the roof or from the roof either, it just doesn't add up. I've read a lot about these things in relation to the men in Black and being some kind of alien hybrids or something, which if I'm going to explore the territory of this being some kind of paranormal happening seems more likely than other theories I've heard, if they have some kind of technology which allows them to teleport, that's the only way I can explain the way they are able to so quickly go from being there to not being there or traveling in ways that don't make sense; as in appearing on a locked balcony, to a roof, to another roof, to not being there at all etc. 

Idk it's easier to try to explain it away as days go by as me having missed something but my neighbor confirming what I experienced with what she experienced resolidifies something happened I can't explain and I really want answers.

• Like 5

@Astra. We don't have fire escapes, it's a really old building but it rains so much around here I can't imagine a fire making it out of the Forrest. I haven't seen many fire escapes in general in Portland but there really is no way onto the roof without a very large ladder. I'd love to find a reasonable explanation to the whole thing so please any and all thoughts are appreciated. 

When I saw the girls face in my window it was definitely the face of a child, but something dark and unchildlike seemed to be finding behind it. Idk how to explain it any better than that. I just felt so threatened by it and in disbelief as she couldn't have reached  the window to look in at it's high position. It just all baffles my mind. I want to remain objective but the more I read about others encounters the more I wish I could find disimilarities in my story and I'm having a hard time doing it. I have never leaned on having a "sense" about something because this was the first time I've ever had a visceral reaction to what I was seeing. Something just flipped my stomach about it and it all happened so fast, but felt like it was in slow motion. It's so weird. 

• Like 2

You guys are all talking about contact lenses. Can you please explain the dematerialization thing. Most of you came here to find something that you have seen or heard of.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ithappenedirl said:

@Astra. We don't have fire escapes, it's a really old building but it rains so much around here I can't imagine a fire making it out of the Forrest. I haven't seen many fire escapes in general in Portland but there really is no way onto the roof without a very large ladder. I'd love to find a reasonable explanation to the whole thing so please any and all thoughts are appreciated. 

When I saw the girls face in my window it was definitely the face of a child, but something dark and unchildlike seemed to be finding behind it. Idk how to explain it any better than that. I just felt so threatened by it and in disbelief as she couldn't have reached  the window to look in at it's high position. It just all baffles my mind. I want to remain objective but the more I read about others encounters the more I wish I could find disimilarities in my story and I'm having a hard time doing it. I have never leaned on having a "sense" about something because this was the first time I've ever had a visceral reaction to what I was seeing. Something just flipped my stomach about it and it all happened so fast, but felt like it was in slow motion. It's so weird. 

Thanks for following up with your recent postings. All in all, I believe that you did see something which was a bit out of the ordinary. You certainly sound sane and sincere.

Either way, I'm sure you would be aware that other people would be feeling rather skeptical about this story. To consider that these strange 'beings' were other than human, well it's just a bit hard to swallow by not looking at it in a logical and rational way. I'm sure you would also be aware that there are crackpots / charlatans and con artists out there, who can sound very convincing by weaving such tales. I'm not saying that you are one of these type of people. BUT, the internet is still the internet where it takes all types, especially being under such anonymity.

If you are able to get a copy of your neighbours police report and share it here, then that would be good. Also, if you are able to take a picture (in the day time) of your neighbours porch from where you are and share that as well, then it might give a better idea of where you saw these two odd kids. Anyway, that decision is completely up to you. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

There are parents who will spoil their kids. Buy them anything they wanted. Either to make the happy, buy their love, or shut them up. 

Yeah, but a cell can be a lifeline. 

Btw, @Ithappenedirl, if I recall you mentioned that you took a couple of pic's with your phone of these kids that night. But the camera failed to capture them ?...anyway, if you still have those pic's in your phone...(no matter how they turned out)....there are some people here at UM who know quite a bit about photography  / images and may be able to decipher or make some sense out of what you may have captured or not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NorthenerON said:

Can you please explain the dematerialization thing. 

How can anyone explain this when there has been no solid evidence presented to prove of their actual existence ?.. All we have thus far is what the OP claims to have seen...among other peoples stories of such encounters. I'm afraid we need more than just stories to back this up with.

Also tell me, what do you think they want, what would be their purpose ?....and what do you think would happen if they were let into peoples homes ?  

Edited by Astra.

6 hours ago, NorthenerON said:

You guys are all talking about contact lenses. Can you please explain the dematerialization thing. Most of you came here to find something that you have seen or heard of.

If the whole experience was truly a product of the imagination or even a false memory, then that would explain it.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Yep, I'm sure most would agree concerning it being wrong that children should be allowed to purchase such items. But in many cases, if kids want something bad enough (especially teenagers) then they'll find one way or another to get it. Also, not all parents are responsible. Many can often be neglectful by letting their teenagers and pre-teen kids get up to all kinds of things. They also don't tell their parents everything they do. Teens can be rather secretive and only share things with their friends.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If the who experience was truly a product of the imagination or even a false memory, then that would explain it.

I'm saying visual and audio hallucination and a case of a paired hysteria.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked