Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Eyed Children / Black eyed kids

Ithappenedirl

Just now, Piney said:

I'm saying visual and audio hallucination and a case of a paired hysteria.

:tu:

But I promise you that's not the answer they want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

:tu:

But I promise you that's not the answer they want.

I agree, and in many of these paranormal cases that is true. But concerning the OP and this particular story, I find her to be far less defensive and / or uppity as some people usually get. I think she may have seen something (probably just kids) I don't think she's totally loopy-loo though. It will be interesting to see what the police report says after they allegedly spoke to the neighbour. Hmm, so lets wait and see.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Even aside from this Black Eyed Kids debate, it seems wrong that children should ever be allowed to purchase contact lenses without  a parent or guardian's consent just because of the risk of eye damage and infections.

About 10 years ago I was at a street fair/craft show kinda thing and there was a booth selling novelty contacts, cat eyes, snake eyes, dollar signs, pot leaves.  Seemed like it was mostly teens buying them. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Astra. said:

How can anyone explain this when there has been no solid evidence presented to prove of their actual existence ?.. All we have thus far is what the OP claims to have seen...among other peoples stories of such encounters. I'm afraid we need more than just stories to back this up with.

Also tell me, what do you think they want, what would be their purpose ?....and what do you think would happen if they were let into peoples homes ?  

In science even, Obervation often precedes Understanding.

7 hours ago, Astra. said:

Yep, I'm sure most would agree concerning it being wrong that children should be allowed to purchase such items. But in many cases, if kids want something bad enough (especially teenagers) then they'll find one way or another to get it. Also, not all parents are responsible. Many can often be neglectful by letting their teenagers and pre-teen kids get up to all kinds of things. They also don't tell their parents everything they do. Teens can be rather secretive and only share things with their friends.  

Even given the contact lens possibility, there is the consistent report of the eyes being physically larger than normal kids’ eyes.

From the contact lens photos I’ve seen, the eyes don’t look physically larger.

Edited by papageorge1

6 hours ago, Piney said:

I'm saying visual and audio hallucination and a case of a paired hysteria.

Seems unlikely given multiple sane winesses. And such clear similarity with other people’s encounters.

• Like 1

I noticed someone else had said something about if you still had the picture you took, whether or not anything showed up in it.  It would be interesting to see. Plus then we could possibly see like, how far off the ground the window she looked into was? (I believe you said something about it being too high for the "people" you saw to be able to see into/reach?

I get that there are a lot of hoaxes or made up stories out there people post for attention/upvotes/likes. However, your story just sparked a visceral reaction in me while I read it, along with the follow ups you posted. I have had a few paranormal experiences in my life and I do whole heartedly believe it' possible. A lot of stories I read (particularly ones where the person happened to have a weapon or fought these beks. One story the op claimed he grabbed 2 katanas that happened to be next to the door and he n gf are black belts and how they attacked him n then gf came home and sliced them with a katana and they ran. I just roll my eyes at these stories where people claim they fought or attacked the Beks and scared them off.) However, I wholeheartedly have this but feeling your story is completely truthful and I am interested to hear any sort of follow up information you may have or anything else!

Also, I have had whole eye contacts before (not black but still) and they never covered my whole eye, especially when I looked to the side. There would be a small section of the whites of my eyes that would show around the edge....

• Like 2

My Grandmother used to call me her little black eyed boy!

True story!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Astra. said:

I agree, and in many of these paranormal cases that is true. But concerning the OP and this particular story, I find her to be far less defensive and / or uppity as some people usually get. I think she may have seen something (probably just kids) I don't think she's totally loopy-loo though. It will be interesting to see what the police report says after they allegedly spoke to the neighbour. Hmm, so lets wait and see.

What get's me and this has nothing to do with the OP, but I feel as if I've read this thread already. Maybe because I've read similar threads. At least we are getting some form of interaction. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Seems unlikely given multiple sane winesses. And such clear similarity with other people’s encounters.

So, Just what is your educational background???

Many creepypastas stick in peoples minds. It's a case of long term internet mass hysteria. My hallucinations not only have to do with the trauma that caused my head injury but also have to with stories and legends I've heard. They've stuck in my mind. I know what they actually are because I have a Harvard educated neurologist. I know what causes them because I have had tests. I know the difference between what's real and what's not so I ignore them. 

One day papageorge a kid is going to come in here with a aneurysm, a tumor or a leaking blood vessel and they are going to listen to some Newage dreck instead of getting medical help. They are going to wind up a vegetable or dead. But that won't be on your conscience, because you will never know. Think about this. You can't be that dense.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

So, Just what is your educational background???

Many creepypastas stick in peoples minds. It's a case of long term internet mass hysteria. My hallucinations not only have to do with the trauma that caused my head injury but also have to with stories and legends I've heard. They've stuck in my mind. I know what they actually are because I have a Harvard educated neurologist. I know what causes them because I have had tests. I know the difference between what's real and what's not so I ignore them. 

One day papageorge a kid is going to come in here with a aneurysm, a tumor or a leaking blood vessel and they are going to listen to some Newage dreck instead of getting medical help. They are going to wind up a vegetable or dead. But that won't be on your conscience, because you will never know. Think about this. You can't be that dense.  

Man, sorry about that head injury......

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

In science even, Obervation often precedes Understanding.

Wow - I bet you believe in the headless horseman too :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Astra. said:

Wow - I bet you believe in the headless horseman too :rolleyes:

I haven't looked into that one to judge the quality, quantity and consistency of the claimed observations.

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Even given the contact lens possibility, there is the consistent report of the eyes being physically larger than normal kids’ eyes.

From the contact lens photos I’ve seen, the eyes don’t look physically larger.

That's easily accomplished with make-up. Anime, cosplay, J-pop, harajuku (including the more familiar sub-genre term Lolita), shibuya-kei, and visual kei all have forms of eye make up specifically for changing the shape of and enlarging the eye area. These types of make-up tricks are also often utilized by the theater and horror crowds. Even the grey alien huge eyes can be done, though that takes some serious make-up and character skill to pull it off. Way too much make-up for me to slap on my own face, I haven't bothered with that sort of mucking around in ages. But I know people that do it, and are into it.. sometimes the results of just some simpler makeup can be quite convincing. Combined with even a more basic blind eye contact it can be creepy- with a full blackout sclera lenses it's creepy and just a touch frightening, even under the full blown lighting of a convention center while talking to the person.

And yeah, if a kid is willing to stick contacts in for effect, they ain't gonna shy away from the eyeliner and stuff. Guyliner, punk, goth, Neo-goth/metal and emo were all going on along with the Hot Topics and such stores that supplied the looks by the time BEK's came onto the UL scene.

• Like 4

Yep, makeup can certainly be applied to help create the BEK affect. In the tutorial below, a woman shows how it can be done. I guess it's a far more safer way than inserting contacts. I'm not sure if kids would be bothered to go to all the trouble, as the woman in the video does. It's more to show how cleverly make-up can be used. 

• Like 5

Could you post photos from where you stood while observing the BEK's and of the condo area? :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Could you post photos from where you stood while observing the BEK's and of the condo area? :)

Yeah, under the circumstances I don't think that it's too much to ask for.  Especially in the way the OP has gone into so much detail of believing and being convinced that she definitely saw and experienced something out of the ordinary that night, also that of her neighbour (as was also claimed) Idk, maybe all we'll hear now is the sound of crickets, so we'll see :-*  

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Yeah, under the circumstances I don't think that it's too much to ask for.  Especially in the way the OP has gone into so much detail of believing and being convinced that she definitely saw and experienced something out of the ordinary that night, also that of her neighbour (as was also claimed) Idk, maybe all we'll hear now is the sound of crickets, so we'll see :-*  

Unlike a lot of other OP's that post claims of extraordinary situations and then don't return, she so far has returned many times to answer questions. When she said her neighbor had a visit and called the police, that raised an eyebrow. Still though I'd like to see photos of the area and condos and the police report. Either she's pulling our leg, or she did she something. Like you said, we'll see.

• Like 2

I'm really caught up about why I couldn't photograph them? Why didn't her face appear in the picture when I took it? I'm frustrated by this to no end.

@NorthernerON I was watching them and they were fully there and then just seemed to fizzle out of existence. Piece by piece. Like Willy Wonka style with the last kid. They just depixelated but in 3D, in real time, right before my eyes. The only way I can describe it is by saying they dematerialized. 

6 minutes ago, Ithappenedirl said:

I'm really caught up about why I couldn't photograph them? Why didn't her face appear in the picture when I took it? I'm frustrated by this to no end.

Do you still have the pictures that you did try and take in your phone ?

@Astra.i will take those pictures and I will upload everything I can for sure within the next 24 hrs

• Like 2

NoThis is the one I tried to take on my boyfriend's phone. His camera isn't the best, but it's always worked fine. I don't expect high def or anything but the girl was staring at me through the window the whole time. She couldn't have even been tall enough to look through comfortably but wasn't straining to look in. She was just there, stable, watching me like she'd grown a foot or something. 

I had to resize the photo by 50% so it would upload because otherwise it was too large. Other than that this photo is completely unaltered. It was taken by me on my bfs phone and the girl was present and should have been visible when it was taken. It saved to the camera roll without her in the picture.

rsz_img_20171122_231240096.jpg

• Like 1

I'll take a picture from my balcony when the sun is up tomorrow so you can see. Or it'll be raining because it's Portland but it'll be better then. 

• Like 2

I watched the video of the makeup. Def not at all what these children looked like. Its not just that their eyeballs are black, they are big, like covering the whole socket. Inhuman. They don't blink. They don't seem to have eyelids at all. There is this deepness to them that just isn't human in any way. I don't know how to replicate that.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked