Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Ithappenedirl

Black Eyed Children / Black eyed kids

177 posts in this topic

papageorge1
6 hours ago, NightScreams said:

Easiest way to tell is that visual hallucinations are not 3 dimensional and will not hold shape as you move. You can't walk around a hallucination ya know because they are absent from your visual senses. 

Factually that's not an answer either, that's an abstract theory because you only pose a theoretical argument without evidence of a disorder. An answer would possibly be yielded from a neurological medical report but if it came back clean then we are still left with no possible answers at all. The facts are this, we have a story placing the OP at the witness of the experience...end facts. There is no answers, rather OP is looking for them. Getting a full medical examination is always the first step.

She could have the following as well, but it's purely hypothetical since we don't have a medical report to go on.

• Pscyhosis
  • Delirium
  • Charle's Bonnet Syndrom
  • Anton's syndrome
  • Peduncular hallucinosis
  • tumor
  • Jakob disease

@Ithappenedirl      I would not waste my money with any testing unless  you have other significant symptoms. These are very non-standard tests that don't seem warranted particularly since there were multiple adult witnesses. That fact suggests this was an objective experience. And your primary physician will be as perplexed as we are to the whole thing.

Edited by papageorge1

papageorge1
35 minutes ago, Ithappenedirl said:

So I had a dream the night before last that someone was knocking on the door in the middle of the night.

Well, one possibility is that with all the stress of this you created this in the normal manner of a nightmare. Given the seemingly  paranormal nature of this phenomena, it is possible these entities are projecting things to you.

I would say keep an eye out and also work on relaxation and keeping mental peace. 

• Like 1

Hawken

The dream you spoke of could be because you are thinking about your extraordinary situation too much. I believe that the conscious world could be played out in your subconscious when you sleep. When my dad passed away 13 years ago, I dreamed about him a lot after his passing and still do today. I thinks it's do to the fact that I think about him and it affects me in a dream state.

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 1

Ithappenedirl

Yeah I didn't get to have a real holiday this Thanksgiving with my short break from graduate school but I'll definitely be able to take some time off soon after my finals so that will be good. I'm gonna cut back on the reading into it too.

NightScreams
On 11/25/2017 at 9:58 PM, papageorge1 said:

@Ithappenedirl      I would not waste my money with any testing unless  you have other significant symptoms. These are very non-standard tests that don't seem warranted particularly since there were multiple adult witnesses. That fact suggests this was an objective experience. And your primary physician will be as perplexed as we are to the whole thing.

Alleged multiple adult witnesses. I've not even seen any quotes from these mysterious witnesses unless I missed something much less a signed statement. Has there been any proof that any other witness can attest to Idhappendirl's story?...if not then how do you come to the conclusion that this is a fact?....See this is the subject of what I often talk about here, how people interpret facts or evidence and so easily, either dismiss them or accept them, I conclude it's all based on the context...anyways, . I am talking specifically about facts itself. Facts can do so many things, especially when the story has to do with the paranormal, a subject that has no science formula.  A mental health examination is a certified statement that provides us with facts to move forward towards possible answers.  Such an examination could bring forth an unknown mental illness of some sort. Do you not agree that examinations from certified professionals is a good idea in general? If you're seeing kids vanish into thin air, I fail to see how such is not warranted to at least affirm you are not having a potentially serious issue. More than that, a clean mental health record provides evidence that further collaborates the story. It shows that one does not suffer from any known issues that would cause such vivid hallucinations...right?

Otherwise this is nothing more than Idhappendirl's story. If I told you I murdered someone and had multiple witnesses, that story alone will not even get me arrested...questioned but not arrested.  so why should a story about creepy kids vanishing into thin air be anything more than just a story? It may have happened, it may not have but if you're going to dismiss any scientific endeavor then you shouldn't be investigating into much of anything. Personally I like to research everything and in order for me to do that, I need something to actually research.

Edited by NightScreams

NightScreams
On 11/25/2017 at 8:41 PM, Ithappenedirl said:

@NightScreams Can we see this particular picture anyway? "I had my camera up and ready and snapped the picture without flash, and when I looked at it SHE WASNT IN IT! IM SERIOUS!!!! She should've been

It is the first picture I uploaded. I will go see my primary physician to talk to them about what I saw and see what they think. I am not really equipped to pay for extensive medical testing living off financial aid though and since my neighbors experience fits what I saw I don't think we shared a hallucination. I'd never spoke to this person before that. 

And that's fine, cost is always to be considered. Thank you for your story, stories are great fun. I see ones like this on Reddit's short stories all the time, some more detailed than yours. But there is nothing for anyone to know if it's fiction or non fiction. Just saying that you should expect to see both believers and non believers. I am in the middle because I have nothing to go on either way. As the story lays, we have to assume everything. If we assume it's true then we are further assuming everything beyond that.

I love to research science and paranormal, so I look for sources, evidence, things like that. Most people here will either dismiss it, or believe it. That's not a very good, open minded approach to understanding the paranormal. But you should be aware that there are conditions and variables that can cause one to imagine it so to speak or take something and build false memories upon it. This is where certified examinations can collaborate a story or enlighten to other possible theories. Since there can't be any photo's and presumed videos, It's basically one of the few ways you have to dismiss it as any delusion.

When I assume BEK's may be real, my first question is why don't they change their tactic or give up? I mean you can only fail so many times before you realize hey, this method isn't working.

papageorge1
21 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

Alleged multiple adult witnesses. I've not even seen any quotes from these mysterious witnesses unless I missed something much less a signed statement. Has there been any proof that any other witness can attest to Idhappendirl's story?...

@Ithappenedirl   is not on trial here and does not need to prove her alleged witnesses to us. 'Signed statement'??? Readers can decide for themselves what to think. I personally feel it is highly likely to be a genuine story from full consideration of everything I heard.

24 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

A mental health examination is a certified statement that provides us with facts to move forward towards possible answers.  Such an examination could bring forth an unknown mental illness of some sort. Do you not agree that examinations from certified professionals is a good idea in general? If you're seeing kids vanish into thin air, I fail to see how such is not warranted to at least affirm you are not having a potentially serious issue. More than that, a clean mental health record provides evidence that further collaborates the story. It shows that one does not suffer from any known issues that would cause such vivid hallucinations...right?

Unless she has other significant symptoms any additional testing does not seem warranted. A mental  health professional will just be as perplexed as she and we are with this event. The evidence to me supports something objective occurred to multiple sane people.

• Like 2

papageorge1
9 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

Most people here will either dismiss it, or believe it. That's not a very good, open minded approach to understanding the paranormal. 

Now that is a statement I agree with. In cases like this we should only talk about our opinion of likeliness when all things are considered.

• Like 2

Ithappenedirl

Yeah I told it like it happened. No real way for me to prove anything to anyone nor did I feel the need too. Knowing what happened with my neighbor and my boyfriend is enough for me to know I'm not crazy. I mostly felt compelled to say I believe the reason there isn't photographic evidence is because I don't believe these entities can br caught on recording devices. Whether that means they exist in another dimension, aren't a part of our living world, or what I don't know. That's really it. Just recording what happened to me because it was too crazy. 

• Like 2

Ithappenedirl

@NightScreams the photo is posted

Manall
On 12/1/2017 at 1:45 AM, Ithappenedirl said:

Yeah I told it like it happened. No real way for me to prove anything to anyone nor did I feel the need too. Knowing what happened with my neighbor and my boyfriend is enough for me to know I'm not crazy. I mostly felt compelled to say I believe the reason there isn't photographic evidence is because I don't believe these entities can br caught on recording devices. Whether that means they exist in another dimension, aren't a part of our living world, or what I don't know. That's really it. Just recording what happened to me because it was too crazy. 

I noticed the alleged photo where the girl should have been has Nov. 22 in the file name, as well as 11/22/2017 at 11:12 PM in the Date Taken property when right clicking the file.

rsz_img_20171122_231240096.jpg.6d8eb035dcb30c6b41e95185895c4aad.jpg

How can it be the same if this happened Nov 14 at ~2 AM? Not trying to be cynical but am I missing something?

Edited by Manall

SecretSanta
3 hours ago, Manall said:

I noticed the alleged photo where the girl should have been has Nov. 22 in the file name, as well as 11/22/2017 at 11:12 PM in the Date Taken property when right clicking the file.

rsz_img_20171122_231240096.jpg.6d8eb035dcb30c6b41e95185895c4aad.jpg

How can it be the same if this happened Nov 14 at ~2 AM? Not trying to be cynical but am I missing something?

I noticed that too but she did say she had to resize the photo so I assumed that was the reason for the date. Would the resizing of the photo be the cause ofthe different date? 

Hawken

Found this link I thought you'd be interested in. A journalist named Brian Bethel claimed to have an encounter with BEK's.> BEKs

chibuku
On 05/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, SecretSanta said:

I noticed that too but she did say she had to resize the photo so I assumed that was the reason for the date. Would the resizing of the photo be the cause ofthe different date? 

No, that’s the file name, generally when you resize you keep the same file name, if you select Save As, then you’d call it whatever you wanted.

i think this story is fiction...

Flora17

Call ME crazy, but I'm curious why people come on this site just to shut down others seeking information/confirmation/etc. I would assume that the majority of people hi visit this site come here looking for the same-- so if you're just wasting your time being snarky and shooting her down it seems logical that your own motives (and excess amount of free time) should be questioned. Or maybe I'm missing the point of a site like this?

As a author, I will say this is a Great terrifying story and if it were mine I would not be sharing it on obscure an websites ( no offense). There is little reward for a lot of effort.

i believe you sister-- the fear of something so outside the realm of scientific along with the perceived sense of terror and danger is not something everyone can empathize with-- I stumbled upon this site at 4am for a reason and I can fully understand what you're going through. My story, while different, is just as frightening and I, too, am trying to make sense of it.

• Like 3

XenoFish

you-cant-handle-the-truth-gif-14.gif

They never do either.

GlitterRose
10 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Found this link I thought you'd be interested in. A journalist named Brian Bethel claimed to have an encounter with BEK's.> BEKs

Yeah, he did claim an encounter, and also that there are other people who experienced this in Portland, Oregon.

He's also a writer on IMDB with only the BEK story accredited to him. A short film was made out of the story, which was considered a creepypasta by some. 

Hawken
12 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Yeah, he did claim an encounter, and also that there are other people who experienced this in Portland, Oregon.

He's also a writer on IMDB with only the BEK story accredited to him. A short film was made out of the story, which was considered a creepypasta by some. 

The link says Brian Bethel's incident happened in Alibene, Texas.

papageorge1
3 hours ago, Flora17 said:

Call ME crazy, but I'm curious why people come on this site just to shut down others seeking information/confirmation/etc. I would assume that the majority of people hi visit this site come here looking for the same-- so if you're just wasting your time being snarky and shooting her down it seems logical that your own motives (and excess amount of free time) should be questioned. Or maybe I'm missing the point of a site like this?

I followed this thread from start to now and feel this woman is extremely credible and also very co-operative with the so-called skeptics.  I think there are people that have developed a knee-jerk emotional dislike to any mysteries beyond current science (paranormal/cryptozoological/alien/etc.) and will vehemently (and often unfairly) attack any evidence. If you are going to get involved in this forum, you must realize that element is alive and kicking and give them as much attention as you feel they deserve.

Now, I believe it is wise to be a fair open-minded skeptic and consider both 'normal' and 'beyond the normal' possibilities in any case. Of course we shouldn't just blindly accept everything or nothing of what we hear. Fair and full consideration from all sides should occur.

In the end, I do feel it is very likely this woman had an encounter with entities not known to science and possessing paranormal attributes. Her story does not stand alone as I consider the quantity, quality and consistency of these reports. I would like to understand the nature of these entities better.

• Like 4

Pawman

In your original post you state that your door doesn't have a peep hole, yet I see one in the picture, then you mention it in your dream . . .  please explain.

If this really happened to you, has there been any further unexplained similar sounds or additional sightings ?

• Like 1

godfist1

@scrubby I must say you sound like an absolute jackass. The spirit world is hardly a known science. How in the world can you claim to know there power or how they cannot disappear the way this woman said? @Ithappenedirl From what i have heard about these beings they are widely considered to be malevolent spirits. What i do know is you do not open your door or window or any way for them when they ask. As long as you refuse to let them in they have little to no power besides making noise or whatever they do to try and scare you. Idk if you are religious in anyway as i am but you may want to consider calling in a priest or pastor to bless the home. As for why they werent in the photo you took, if a spirit does not want to be seen it will not be seen. Plain and simple. From everything ive researched on the beings most signs seem to point to them being demonic entities. Do not try to talk to them, do not try to interact with them. If they show up again, simply close your blinds and ignore them, or invoke the name of Jesus. Yes im a christian if you cant already tell lol. I would suggest keeping a bible nearby. Possibly pick up some Healing or anointing oil and place it above your doors and windows. The oil is considered a symbol of the Holy Spirit of Christ and therefore has power to drive away malevolent spirits.  

• Like 1

preacherman76
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, Flora17 said:

As a author, I will say this is a Great terrifying story and if it were mine I would not be sharing it on obscure an websites ( no offense). There is little reward for a lot of effort.

i believe you sister-- the fear of something so outside the realm of scientific along with the perceived sense of terror and danger is not something everyone can empathize with-- I stumbled upon this site at 4am for a reason and I can fully understand what you're going through. My story, while different, is just as frightening and I, too, am trying to make sense of it.

Have you posted your story? I'd love to hear it.

Requiem

I too noticed what Pawman noticed, and was intrigued by the differences between your story, the photo, and your dream in regards to the peephole.

I want you to know that I am not as quick as some others to disregard experiences people have had, as I've had some very strange things happen to me in my own life, but I think it's important that you also understand where they are coming from here. Now, that's also not to say that I disbelieve that you actually had something strange happen to you. Based on the picture you shared that shows outside your front door, it looks to me like it's entirely possible someone could use the outside black fencing to climb onto the low-hanging eave of your roof. From what I can tell in the photo, they are only about 3-5 feet apart. Furthermore, you would be amazed what lengths people are willing to go to for YouTube channels, propaganda, and the like. That said, I too am unable to provide proof for anything that I've experienced, and I think you almost just have to "hear" it in the speaker's voice (whether it's spoken or written), going with your gut feeling. I disagree with some people that too many details is a bad thing--I think it depends on the length of time. If this happened to you a couple of days ago, then sure you are going to remember a lot of details. If this happened to you multiple years ago, and you were this detailed, I would be more doubtful. Then again, where our memories are concerned, we are also very likely to fill in the blanks with misinformation where memory fails us, which can lead to our own internal confusion and thus promote a false sense of perfect recollection.

Honestly, I think you should keep your head low for a while, and if things start to get wild again, it might be worth investing in a cheap webcam or something that will allow you to start capturing what is going on outside your apartment at night. More so that you can disprove it's kids/pranksters rather than prove it's something sinister.

Pawman

So about the peep hole . . . .    ???         Either an explanation is required or this story has a glaring serious contradictive issue in it.

And for the record, I do believe that demons do appear to some people as black-eyed "children" along with many other forms. And if you, or anyone else has any issues with them or any other haunting or visitation, I am available to personally come and send them back where they belong.

Deadlybelladonna

Are you still with us Ithappenedirl?