Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manson Clinging To Life In Hospital

susieice

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

And if I recall correctly(?) both Manson and his followers regularly took LSD.

A lot of people did and didn't become mass killers.

A lot of people didn't take LSD and did become mass killers.

There's no correlation.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

A lot of people did and didn't become mass killers.

A lot of people didn't take LSD and did become mass killers.

There's no correlation.

Correlation is circumstance dependent.

Good trip, bad trip. 

An overdose of LSD, shrooms, PCP, meth, flakka, etc.. Can throw one into a rage.

Edited by pallidin

An overdose puts you on your back, not in a rage.

Most drugs heighten the senses and the mood. If the mood is bad, you'll be bad anyways.

• Like 1

Just now, pallidin said:

Distorts senses and mood.

If it didn't, it wouldn't be a drug.

Doesn't make you kill people though.

• Like 1

What was once fantasy becomes reality.

What was once dangerous becomes "I'll try that"

Just now, Likely Guy said:

If it didn't, it wouldn't be a drug.

Doesn't make you kill people though.

Of course not, but it sure as hell can lower inhibitions.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Of course not, but it sure as hell can lower inhibitions.

That's why Charlie used it on his family. It helped him control them. Charlie himself didn't really take it.

• Like 3

Fictitious Scenario:

My neighbor is really angry with me.

In one room he is there, completely sober, yet a gun and knife are within his reach.

In the second room he is there, pumped up on meth and LSD, with the same gun and knife within his reach.

Which room should I enter (not neither)

I choose room #1.

Edited by pallidin

Didn't Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys try to get Manson into the music industry?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

Didn't Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys try to get Manson into the music industry?

I heard something along those lines.

Any more info?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

Manson and the family lived with Dennis Wilson for awhile. Dennis introduced them to Terry Melcher. The Beach Boys recorded a Manson song on the flip side of Bluebirds Over The Mountain. Would need to look up the title. Manson got mad because he wasn't given the credit as the writer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I hope and pray that that's the case. Some denominations preach that 99.9% of folks will go to Hell. Unitarian-Universalists teach that all people will end up in Heaven. I'm not as sure as either group. 

For me personally, Hell has been the most faith destroying message I have ever believed. At least in the way the church perceives it to be. I just couldn’t make any sense of it  

Is it just or merciful to punish someone without end, in the most horrific way possible, simply for not finding or believing in the right God? 

I wrestled with that for a long time, till one day I decided I just wasn’t gonna believe it anymore. I couldn’t find a way to make peace with it.  

So I decided to start listening to the vast majority of folks who have actually been there. The folks with certified NDE’s. They tell a much different story. 

• Like 6

Here's a list of 6 songs written by Manson and recorded by major groups. I didn't go into youtube to post them up. This is the lyrics to "Sick City". Written by Charles Manson and recorded by Marilyn Manson. (2nd link)

https://www.ranker.com/list/manson-covers/lyra-radford

https://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Sick_City

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

For me personally, Hell has been the most faith destroying message I have ever believed. At least in the way the church perceives it to be. I just couldn’t make any sense of it  

Is it just or merciful to punish someone without end, in the most horrific way possible, simply for not finding or believing in the right God? 

I wrestled with that for a long time, till one day I decided I just wasn’t gonna believe it anymore. I couldn’t find a way to make peace with it.  

So I decided to start listening to the vast majority of folks who have actually been there. The folks with certified NDE’s. They tell a much different story. 

I could have written that post. I think that it created a lot of atheists and agnostics. They often mention it, and they often sound upset when they do. My guess is that some of them were traumatized by it when they were kids. I can't get with predestination. Say that a dad decides that he'll either help or hurt his twin sons before they're even born. He treats the lucky one like a king. He abuses the unlucky one. He chooses Heaven or Hell for them before they're even born, and I can't see any logic or morality in that. How would most people view a dad who did that? It makes no sense whatsoever. At least, the punishment finally stops in my example.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I could have written that post. I think that it created a lot of atheists and agnostics. They often mention it, and they often sound upset when they do. My guess is that some of them were traumatized by it when they were kids. I can't get with predestination. Say that a dad decides that he'll either help or hurt his twin sons before they're even born. He treats the lucky one like a king. He abuses the unlucky one. He chooses Heaven or Hell for them before they're even born, and I can't see any logic or morality in that. How would most people view a dad who did that? It makes no sense whatsoever. At least, the punishment finally stops in my example.

Well said. 

I’m glad I didn’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Letting go of the idea of hell, I feel, brought me closer to God. 

• Like 3

Charles Manson dies aged 83 after four decades in prison

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42016704

Charles Manson's music was a macabre sidenote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42051100

• Like 1

He cost millions to keep incarcerated. What did society possibly gain by doing this? He was sentenced to the death penalty then the state outlaws it the next year?.. good one.When convicted beyond any reasonable doubt with crimes such as this the death penalty should apply bottom line.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Manson Dead at 83.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/us/charles-manson-dead/index.html

Can someone tell me white he targeted white victims if he was trying to start a race war? I guess im a little confused about that.

He figured if white people were killed, and made it to look like black people did it, the white establishment would get mad enough to mess with black people enough to trigger a race war.

• Like 2