Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manson Clinging To Life In Hospital

susieice

Those videos and pictures in the news still haunt all these decades later. Manson had been hospitalized in January for severe gastrointestinal bleeding. A little surprised they ruled the death from natural causes but I can see why the Corrections system didn't go into details. I'm happy Debbie Tate was notified right after his passing. I hope she gains some peace now with Manson's passing. There are only two more left that were involved in her sister's murder. 

• Like 4

Leslie Van Houten, however, has been granted parole again after Governor Brown had denied it to her last year. Debbie Tate and the LaBianca's oldest grandson were in attendance to fight the release. It seems this time it may be granted. I don't agree, but....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/leslie-van-houten-ex-manson-follower-approved-parole-n799431

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rashore said:

He figured if white people were killed, and made it to look like black people did it, the white establishment would get mad enough to mess with black people enough to trigger a race war.

i figured that much, but how would he make it look like black people did it lol?

34 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

i figured that much, but how would he make it look like black people did it lol?

With things marked at the crime scene like the phrase "death to pigs" or a paw print to imply the Black Panthers, and also by taking victims wallets and planting them in black neighborhoods with the hopes a black person would use the cards or the wallet otherwise being found in black hands, and get implicated. There might be more too, but I'm not that deeply read on the subject.

• Like 5

On 11/16/2017 at 10:06 PM, Piney said:

In my pre-contact culture if you killed a pregnant woman, even from a enemy tribe you were burnt alive.

Now that you mentioned it I remember reading about this strict taboo in ancient cultures all across the world ... reminds me of this : The Sleeping Lady

.. and maybe why most if not all the women from those times are portrayed with such fecund forms.

~

• Like 4

At that time, the death of the unborn fetus was not counted in the death toll. That's why only there were only 5 counts of murder at the Tate scene. Today, that total would be 6.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Now that you mentioned it I remember reading about this strict taboo in ancient cultures all across the world ... reminds me of this : The Sleeping Lady

.. and maybe why most if not all the women from those times are portrayed with such fecund forms.

~

Only a matron can give permission to go to war because only those who gave life may decide on the taking of it.

• Like 3

Which brings up an interesting proposition ... what if this Charles here was born as woman ?

~

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Which brings up an interesting proposition ... what if this Charles here was born as woman ?

~

I always hope that the Universal Balance (Maniituu) works that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Leslie Van Houten, however, has been granted parole again after Governor Brown had denied it to her last year. Debbie Tate and the LaBianca's oldest grandson were in attendance to fight the release. It seems this time it may be granted. I don't agree, but....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/leslie-van-houten-ex-manson-follower-approved-parole-n799431

Yea its a hard one. From interviews I have seen, clearly she is reformed, and a completely different person. And I gotta wonder had the case not been so famous, would she have been released a long time ago? They have been eligible for many years. I guess with a case like hers, ya gotta ask, is the justice system really about reform, or is it just about punishment for the sake of punishment. I could see people supporting her release. I could also understand people not.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, rashore said:

He figured if white people were killed, and made it to look like black people did it, the white establishment would get mad enough to mess with black people enough to trigger a race war.

This man has been behind bars most of my life.  As a young child, the sixties shaped much of who I am.  My first real memories were the events of '63.  Reached a zenith in May and then a nadir in November and from there it really got interesting with Civil Rights, Vietnam, the riots, Woodstock, GOD is dead movement, the assassinations, the Space program.  The insight and the spiritualism (I was with Martin Luther on that mountaintop - try to figure that one out as a child).  But the scariest thing I witnessed were the actions of The Family and the Tate-LaBianca murders.  I wasn't afraid of Manson killing me, I was afraid of Blacks killing me and my family.  This b****** fncked with a lot of minds.  I bet you he loved what Obama was doing.  I couldn't help but think that Mason would see his desires come to fruition as he languished behind bars.  One is left wondering what the backlash from his followers will be?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea its a hard one. From interviews I have seen, clearly she is reformed, and a completely different person. And I gotta wonder had the case not been so famous, would she have been released a long time ago? They have been eligible for many years. I guess with a case like hers, ya gotta ask, is the justice system really about reform, or is it just about punishment for the sake of punishment. I could see people supporting her release. I could also understand people not.

I think about all the untold murders that were committed by the family. Van Houten's defense attorney, Ronald Hughes, was one of them. Charlie threatened him and the man was found murdered on a vacation he took during a break in the trial.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Hughes

Murders took place in LA and at Barker ranch in Death Valley that were never brought to charges. Disappearances where bodies were never found. There was the death of Sandra Good's husband in London.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1163573/Did-Charles-Mansons-murder-gang-strike-Britain.html

Who will ever know just how many people died at the hands of the family. The ones who have been convicted should never be released IMHO.

• Like 2

Manson had been convicted in the 5 Tate murders, the 2 LaBianca murders and the murders of Gary Hinman and Shorty Shea. He was personally involved in 2 of them and most likely Shea's. He tied up the LaBiancas and he went to the Hinman house, cutting off Gary's ear. He was far from innocent.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well said. 

I’m glad I didn’t throw the baby out with the bath water. Letting go of the idea of hell, I feel, brought me closer to God. 

You read my mind. I almost posted that phrase. Hell was included in various myths and religions. "Hel" was mentioned in Norse mythology.

• Like 2

I don't think Abigail's family has been to the parole hearings. I agree wholeheartedly with Debbie Tate and the LaBianca family. None of them should ever see a day out of prison.

I really believe that Tate-LaBianca/ helter skelter was barely the tip of the iceberg of what was going on with Charlie and the family. And I really believe that Krenwinkel, Watson and Van Houten know a whole lot more than what they've told. Jailhouse religion or not. Especially the first two.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

I'm upset some websites/news pages kept kept this story on the front page for so long. If there was anything that POS wanted more was to be talked about even after his death. He doesn't deserve the airtime and face plastering everywhere. A simple link saying dude is dead and if you give any sh** to actually wanna read about how he died click here. Good riddance.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kurzweil said:

I'm upset some websites/news pages kept kept this story on the front page for so long. If there was anything that POS wanted more was to be talked about even after his death. He doesn't deserve the airtime and face plastering everywhere. A simple link saying dude is dead and if you give any sh** to actually wanna read about how he died click here. Good riddance.

His death warrants some reflection, even if it is obsession.  But this was expected and now it will fade away.  Much of the sixties are beginning to fade away.  The decade of the 60s surpassed that even of the 30s/40s and hasn’t been matched.  So I guess Manson gets one final tribute and he’s retired to a footnote in history.  But of course, in today’s environment, he’ll be accused of molesting women and he’ll be revived to draw attention from Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken, et al.  And yet will be used to compare with Roy Moore.

22 hours ago, susieice said:

Debbie Tate reacts to news of Manson's death. Just saw this in Philadelphia news release.

http://6abc.com/i-have-not-forgotten-sharon-tates-sister-reacts-to-charles-mansons-death/2673138/

That is an interesting article. I guess from her point of view manson didnt kill anyone, but it was those who really did the killing and made the choice to kill her sister - those are the people she despises.

Interesting, thanks for the article.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

That is an interesting article. I guess from her point of view manson didnt kill anyone, but it was those who really did the killing and made the choice to kill her sister - those are the people she despises.

Interesting, thanks for the article.

I understand what she's saying. He ordered the killings but he wasn't there. Charlie didn't hold the knife that killed her sister. Charlie didn't tell Frykowski that he was the devil. Charlie didn't chase anyone out the door and stab them so many times. I think she sees the ones who did as more dangerous because they were capable of doing that. I also agree with her that none of them should ever be released. I do not however, see Charlie as innocent in any way. He did participate in the LaBianca killings, amongst others. Many we will never know about.

• Like 3

Charlie's remains are still with the state corrections authorities. The family has 10 days to claim them. (not THE family, his relatives) He supposedly has a grandson who wants to give him a proper burial. We shall see.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-charles-manson-body-20171120-story.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/charles-manson-grandson-hopes-give-proper-burial-article-1.3647218

• Like 1

Charlies "fame" has been a product of its time...as RH said it is soon to pass...

In todays enviroment,that story would be "BREAKING NEWS!!!" for about a week and then gone the moment a terrorist blows themselves up,a white supremacist runs someone over with a car,or Donald Trump stops to pee at a Mcdonalds...

I guarantee just 5 years from now most won't know the vegas shooter by name or be able to pick his picture out of a lineup even though we probably saw his picture more in 2 weeks than most saw manson in 2 years...

Mansons attrocities just happened at a time when people felt overly comfortable,much the same reason those who saw 9/11 will never forget exactly what they were doing the moment they heard the news.

• Like 4

The issue with Manson is how he was able to manipulate and control all those young people to the point where they would commit atrocious murders for him. The number of murders committed other than Tate/La Bianca. I linked throughout the thread to several. Police still take dogs into Death Valley to search for bodies around Barker ranch. A number of disappearances in that area at the time the family was there. The Helter Skelter motive was off the wall, but I don't think it really explains anything other than what Charlie tried to make it seem like. That's just my humble opinion, but I'm not the only one questioning this. The younger generation thought the Manson death notice was about Marilyn. They will not remember this for long. I do hope that this case remains being studied both by law enforcement and people searching for answers.

• Like 3