Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US to allow imports of elephant trophies

Still Waters

Donald Trump’s administration plans to allow imports of elephant trophies from Zimbabwe into the US – a move campaigners fear could damage global momentum on ending the ivory trade.

In 2014, US big game hunters killing elephants in Zimbabwe were banned from bringing their trophies home, on the basis that the country had failed to show that it was taking elephant management seriously.

The decision by the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to reverse the ban, which will also apply to trophies from Zambia, follows moves in favour of the US hunting sector that are worrying some observers.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/nov/16/us-to-allow-imports-of-elephant-trophies-from-zimbabwe

• Like 5

Oh, I'm sure that Zimbabwe is currently fully capable of managing the elephant population.

I wonder how much Trump's sons had to do with this?

• Like 9

I'm sure this was a top priority for Trump. Right after making America great again and building that wall. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

I'm sure this was a top priority for Trump. Right after making America great again and building that wall. 

Do you seriously think that this directive came down from the oval office?  I'm betting Trump hears about it five minutes after I do.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Do you seriously think that this directive came down from the oval office?  I'm betting Trump hears about it five minutes after I do.

In this case, yes, I do believe that. Typical clientele-oriented policies. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

In this case, yes, I do believe that. Typical clientele-oriented policies. 

No, this is special interest lobbying, probably an employee/agent of the Zimbabwe government.  Regardless, this won't pass.  Just more hysteria for the press to tag the name Trump on to.

This crap gets old.

Here's another winning Trump headline right at the top of Yahoos news page (because it's such worthy news)

Thirsty Trump's Desperate Dash For Water Has Everyone Crying With Laughter

link

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

No, this is special interest lobbying, probably an employee/agent of the Zimbabwe government.  Regardless, this won't pass.  Just more hysteria for the press to tag the name Trump on to.

This crap gets old.

Here's another winning Trump headline right at the top of Yahoos news page (because it's such worthy news)

Thirsty Trump's Desperate Dash For Water Has Everyone Crying With Laughter

link

It's probably both, as the transition to lobbyism is fluid. And I kind of have the feeling that his sons aren't the only elephant hunters he knows. 

• Like 7

The import of such stuff into the USA has been prohibited by Obama in 2014. So again we have an example of the clown`s main modus operandi: to terminate everything that was implemented by/under Obama.

• Like 5

I like to hunt deer and turkey but i always eat what i take...

I don't mount the heads as trophy's either as i find it both tacky and creepy.

Big game trophy hunting is sickening though and i hope this gets thrown out!

• Like 6

All the possible good things that someone with that amount of power could do...

and he does this. 

Why am I not surprised?

Probably so his dip**** son can hang another trophy kill on his wall. 

Probably cried to his daddy that he couldn't bring home his prize.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 6

These magnificent and intelligent animals are already on the threatened  / and or endangered species list. This has nothing to do with conserving the species or by putting much needed revenue back into conservation. What a load of crock that is. This is about appeasing his spoiled, snivelling nosed, and spoon-fed wimp of a son and son-in-law who like to big game hunt and kill these great animals just for the fun of it.

We need a global petition signed by all to stop this cruel and unnecessary killing of Africa's beautiful wildlife. Shame on you Donald Trump, shame on you....you've well and truly gone down further in my book. :td: 

• Like 6

NRA involved:

Elephants in Zimbabwe are listed as a threatened species and are on CITES Appendix II.  Elephant importation from Zimbabwe has been closed since May 2014 when the FWS, under the Obama administration, abruptly imposed an import ban. 

SCI and the National Rifle Association filed suit to challenge the ban and a court has already pushed back the start date of the ban from April 4, 2014 to May 12, 2014.  Individuals who legally hunted elephants in Zimbabwe during that period are now obtaining permits to bring their elephants home to the U.S.  SCI and NRA continue to pursue their challenge in court to assist hunters who legally took elephaActivity nts in Zimbabwe between May 12, 2014 and the end of 2015.

Homepage of the SCI (Safari Club International)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

These magnificent and intelligent animals are already on the threatened  / and or endangered species list. This has nothing to do with conserving the species or by putting much needed revenue back into conservation. What a load of crock that is. This is about appeasing his spoiled, snivelling nosed, and spoon-fed wimp of a son and son-in-law who like to big game hunt and kill these great animals just for the fun of it.

We need a global petition signed by all to stop this cruel and unnecessary killing of Africa's beautiful wildlife. Shame on you Donald Trump, shame on you....you've well and truly gone down further in my book. :td: 

Correction; I meant 'sons'..not son-in-law. Mind you I think (Jarad Kushner) is a snivelling man-child as well. Nuff said.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

A petition is needed and i'm all for countries staying outta other countries business but animals have no say what happens to them,so yes this is a global issue and everyone should have a say in this!

In this case "conservation" talk is garbage as these big shots money gets funneled straight into corrupt governments pockets,hearing Don jr tell how one of these kills feeds an entire african village for so and so amounts of time...i'm amazed he could keep a straight face!

• Like 7

I think the whole thing is a disgrace!

I agree with Astra's "man-child" too.

Explain to me how murdering these regal, intelligent animals is called "conservation"!

Extermination is more like it. :angry:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

Wow, an issue everyone seems to agree on!

Will wonders never cease!

• Like 5

I'm a gonna slap the first one that initiates a group hug ...

~

• Like 4

a trump is gullible for his son

b trump is secretly trying to end them by having them come hear

c more hillary fans are trying to ruin trump

d all of the above

e b and c

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

I'm a gonna slap the first one that initiates a group hug ...

Yeah, lets hug an elephant instead...

CPeyz_BGWg_AAVlbn.jpg

• Like 6