Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Franken is the latest violater exposed

OverSword

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Sorry for the confusion.  I thought you were neo-liberal, in other words liberalism as it is today wherein the government is a social necessity to make sure everyone is provided for through social programs funded by heavy taxation as opposed to classical liberalism, which gets it name from liberty and is a strongly individualistic term which believes in minimal government.  Sometimes people get that mixed up. :(

Thank you for the clarification. And I am a stern enemy of neo-liberalism. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

It's not a matter of strength of weakness, it's a matter of accuracy.  You are the one who mistakenly stated that he shoved his tongue into a sleeping woman's mouth.  I haven't seen anyone claim that except you.

Would you have looked more closely and accurately at what specifically is claimed to have happen if Franken was a conservative Republican?

Don't confuse a correction of the facts as we know them with excusing his behavior (although what you claimed he did is personally to me worse than what he actually did).  It's the same thing as if you had stated how sick Manson was for stabbing Sharon Tate; if I likewise replied that he didn't actually do that, would your response also have been 'that's a bit weak'?

I made a mistake based on a bogus story. That aside, he still abused the woman when he stuck his tongue in her mouth. It was weak to downplay that. I always condemned conservatives and/or Republicans for the same kind of stuff because I never was a fan of double standards and hypocrisy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, susieice said:

Good grief. Now this is making the rounds.

This pic shows her grabbing a guitarist by his butt.

https://www.democraticunderground.org/10029861640

I apologize in advance for this bad pun. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Take a gander at that goose. Seriously, men and women should be held to the same standards.

• Like 2

So at least one, Piven, has taken a lie detector test and passed.

Jeremy Piven takes and passes polygraph amid sex assault allegations

Ever since he was accused of groping a woman on the set of "Entourage," Jeremy Piven has fiercely maintained his innocence, even saying that he would be wiling to take a polygraph to prove it.

It turns out he did just that on Nov. 13, and he passed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jeremy-piven-takes-and-passes-polygraph-amid-sex-assault-allegations/ar-BBFnBGQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lilly said:

This is why that High School year book thing is so important in the Judge Roy Moore case (corroborative evidence)

I'm still undecided on Moore's case but I'd point out that he denies that signature on the yearbook and forensic experts say that nothing can be confirmed from the publicized sample.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/roy-moore-says-signature-forgery-experts-say-more-evidence-needed-n821936

IF the signature is his, why should the accuser deny allowing an impartial expert the opportunity to prove the claim?  I have to tell you that my home state is being dumped on (even more than usual) over this situation and it's becoming offensive to many of us.  First, Alabama has been perennially near the bottom in public education ranking - not because people from this state are somehow naturally dimwitted, but because achieving quality in any public enterprise requires the ability to recruit quality talent and THAT requires capital.  Alabama is also near the bottom in income.  It's kind of a vicious cycle.  Second, being a relatively under-educated population, the incidence of early marriage in our culture was much higher even a few decades ago as a holdover from the chiefly agrarian past where people started early, raised large families and farmed for a living.  I've seen some incredibly ignorant, vicious stereotypes being cast at people from my state and it is well that I haven't heard them from someone in the same room.  For my part, unless there is real EVIDENCE that Moore assaulted a young woman, I plan to vote for him.  I have no idea if he will win and even if he does, we are being told by politicians from D.C. that they will summarily dismiss our choice.  The Southern states have traditionally been some of the most patriotic and willing to sacrifice for the good of this nation.  I grew up believing the government was nearly sacrosanct.  I believe the day is soon approaching when the lawlessness that we see emanating from D.C. is going to spread to every corner of the land.  When enough people become jaded to the point of non-participation, the corrupt political class may feel they've won but just the opposite will be true.  All they will have accomplished is to justify rebellion in the minds of the people.

5 hours ago, Piney said:

Al Franken also never promoted himself to be a Christian paradigm of virtue. The man worshiped Groucho Marx for crying out loud. The master of gropers. I'm sick of the hypocrisy. If your gonna shove your Christian anal retentiveness down peoples throats practice what you preach.  

Your right to your opinion notwithstanding, Piney, Roy Moore hasn't tried to shove his view of morality down anyone's throat on a national level.  He reacted to hot-button social issues in ALABAMA and was applauded by the majority in this state.  That worldview is becoming more alien - even offensive - to other parts of the nation as time passes but we reserve the right to do things our way here, just as they do in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and every other state in this political union.  No harm, no foul.  At least it used to be that way.  Today, it seems that citizens from every other state are demanding a kind of group-think mentality and if anyone dares to deviate from that "norm", they are vilified.  You express pride in your native background and rightly so.  Imagine the reaction of your ancestors when the nearest tribe of a different culture decided to impose its will on them.  I believe that's what is coming in our nation unless we have the will to go back to the time when we allowed each state/region to keep its own counsel on social issues as long as no actual laws were broken.  If that isn't possible then our country will be much worse off than we are today.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I made a mistake based on a bogus story. That aside, he still abused the woman when he stuck his tongue in her mouth. It was weak to downplay that. I always condemned conservatives and/or Republicans for the same kind of stuff because I never was a fan of double standards and hypocrisy.

That's great neither am I, but I didn't downplay it, I corrected it:

"Actually I think the tongue thing is different.  They were rehearsing a scene or something where he kissed her and while they were rehearsing he was forceful and stuck his tongue in her mouth.  Not cool again, but it's not sticking his tongue in a sleeping woman's mouth."

I clarified that the correct version of what he did is not cool, I'm not sure what way I'm supposed to correct the bogus story without the possibility of having more read into it.  If you're focusing on my last sentence, I guess I thought it obvious that what he did is a little better than the bogus story; sticking your tongue in a woman's mouth during a planned and consensual kiss is better than sticking your tongue in a sleeping woman's mouth.  That's the only 'downplaying' going on and is accurate to the revised and correct story.  Nowhere did I say or imply that what he did was okay, matter of fact I flat out stated the exact opposite.

I just think you are reading something into what I said that is not there, unless you disagree with some point above.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, and then said:

I believe the day is soon approaching when the lawlessness that we see emanating from D.C. is going to spread to every corner of the land. 

Considering you are supporting Moore in your same post, then you must mean the lawlessness that has emanated from Alabama also.  After all that was why he was removed from office twice:  for not following the law.

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

Judging by all of the Sunday morning news show's I watched yesterday, including Fox and Friends, the establishment is trying to brush this whole thing off.  They are all calling for an ethics committee investigation, but notably no member of the senate has ever been censored by an ethics committee for things they did before they were elected so this will all come to a big nothing depending on what voters in Minnesota decide to do during in the next election.

I know you are probably right, but every opportunity that comes up is an opportunity to change the status quo and rise above left and right, and buddies, and good ol' boys and do the right thing.  The voters do have the final say.  On the cynical side, the Republicans do have an opportunity to remove a Democrat and possibly replace him with a Republican for the important but uncertain votes coming up.  That has not as much to do with justice as it does with political self interest.

John Conyers is going to have a really BAD day tomorrow!

Just one link of many

Two women wrote in their affidavits that they believed Conyers used office resources to pay for the travels of women with whom he was having affairs. Another staffer described the task of driving women to and from the lawmaker’s apartment and hotel rooms.

John_Conyers_official_photo.jpg

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 3

I have a theory about all this....yeah...yeah...I know ...I know...but...

Here is an outline...for brevity:

A.  Clinton is elected President

B. 900 FBI files are found in the White House

C. In the coming years...The Democrats, The Media, and Hollywood...Lockstep...around Bill Clinton.

Interesting....hmmm?

Suddenly... Harvey Weinstien is the headlinging news and every single day it just goes on and on and on...

Now...You even have major Democrats saying they believe the allegations that were originally brought about Bill Clinton...and it seems like maybe Bill and Hill are being  'thrown under the bus'.

So, my theory is...No one of any major influence and power is scared of Bill Clinton anymore....because the goods he had on  all of them are being exposed...therefore...They are not as afraid of Slick Willy as they once were.

Is the Wicked Witch really dead?

2 hours ago, joc said:

C. In the coming years...The Democrats, The Media, and Hollywood...Lockstep...around Bill Clinton.

Interesting....hmmm?

yes interesting - and I'm wondering if there is much more to this than meets the eye -

In a nut shell were Bill Clinton and Hillary picked and groomed for power when they were young (like Obama)
And because their backers.... emanating from the Council on Foreign Relations....(Globalists) have basically got control of
the MSM and Hollywood (and probably now Facebook and Twitter among other internet outlets...) they were sitting pretty
and fully protected - 

I even wonder sometimes if they are or ever were a '''real''' couple --- could they have been a kind of political arranged marriage -
a marriage of convenience in spite of producing one child,, which would be easy enough :) 

I came across this link when I was researching Macron for a thread on the French election, now he's President of France -
and  another very successful groomed young leader - like Obama he practically came from nowhere and went straight to
the top -

I think because Trump was / is a genuine independent candidate that's why there is the vicious, deceitful 24/7 campaign against him now -

this paragraph is illuminating -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French-American_Foundation

Young Leaders alumni include prominent Americans such as President Bill Clinton, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Senators Evan Bayh and Bill Bradley, General Wesley Clark, former White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten, former World Bank President Robert Zoellick, Oscar-winning filmmaker Charles Ferguson, and business leaders Frank Herringer (Transamerica Corporation) and John Thain (CIT Group).

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

Just to further that a bit --- apparently it's not just the Democrats involved but while the CFR probably completely control the Democrats 
there are some chinks in the Republican Party...?... hence Trump's opening.. although I expect that the CFR are trying to manipulate
him like crazy from within -- while trying to get rid of him as well - 

Maybe Al Franken has the full backing of the Council on Foreign Relations and that's why he will be hard to shift..?

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/80686/

As Carroll Quigley revealed in his remarkable book, “Tragedy and Hope,” the financial powers in America control both major political parties, and they choose who will run for president. They generally prefer a center-left president with liberal social views, but occasionally, as in the case of Reagan, they will get a center-right man who will be surrounded by the usual members of the Council on Foreign Relations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Council was formed after World War I by the financial powers to make sure that they could control American foreign policy by controlling the presidency. 

Edited by bee

2 hours ago, joc said:

o, my theory is...No one of any major influence and power is scared of Bill Clinton anymore....because the goods he had on  all of them are being exposed...therefore...They are not as afraid of Slick Willy as they once were.

Is the Wicked Witch really dead?

Perhaps they are being 'put out to grass' but still protected to safeguard the legacy as much as possible - 

I've heard rumblings about Michelle Obama being lined up to go up against Trump in the next election - ?

Edited by bee
spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Something tells me Mr Conyers isn't the only one that's done this type of thing. I have a feeling that by the time the dust settles many guys are going to have 'bad days'.

411/FYI: When ones government becomes corrupt/immoral then abuse (of all varying types) happens.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Just one link of many

John_Conyers_official_photo.jpg

At this rate i can't wait to see who makes it to next years mid term elections!...

All these dirty old bas***** running around on our dime telling all of us to do as they say in all their upstanding rightious glory...and for once "whataboutism" will just have to be thrown out the damn window as both sides have elected filth of the same ilk :lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, bee said:

yes interesting - and I'm wondering if there is much more to this than meets the eye -

In a nut shell were Bill Clinton and Hillary picked and groomed for power when they were young (like Obama)
And because their backers.... emanating from the Council on Foreign Relations....(Globalists) have basically got control of
the MSM and Hollywood (and probably now Facebook and Twitter among other internet outlets...) they were sitting pretty
and fully protected - 

And maybe not just 'groomed' so-to-speak for Power....but also 'groomed' in a sexual way as well.  Like young actors in Hollywood...so that, once they reached the level of power they were being 'groomed' for...they wouldn't balk at what the Real Power Brokers (also known as The Powers That Be) were doing and saying.

The Media, Hollywood, Washington....it really is a Swamp isn't it?!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skliss said:

So at least one, Piven, has taken a lie detector test and passed.

Jeremy Piven takes and passes polygraph amid sex assault allegations

Ever since he was accused of groping a woman on the set of "Entourage," Jeremy Piven has fiercely maintained his innocence, even saying that he would be wiling to take a polygraph to prove it.

It turns out he did just that on Nov. 13, and he passed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jeremy-piven-takes-and-passes-polygraph-amid-sex-assault-allegations/ar-BBFnBGQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Xanax, among other substances / methods could potentially skew results.

Edited by WoIverine

Well to be fair two people could see the same event very differently.  He touched my butt vs oops my hand was on her hip in that photo.  He could have completely innocent intentions and still have put his hand in the wrong place.  At this point i think Bush the elder could be in that boat or he is just sort of loosing marbles.  I did dialysis with a guy that was sort of a dirty old man but that wasn't him 8 months before he was a very educated and with it man who read the WSJ every day.

6 hours ago, WoIverine said:

Xanax, among other substances / methods could potentially skew results.

I agree....I just wanted to throw it out there. Hollywood seems like the kind of place where people wouldn't hesitate to settle old disputes or jealousies with false accusations. As far as I know he's the only one who's gone this route.

7 hours ago, joc said:

And maybe not just 'groomed' so-to-speak for Power....but also 'groomed' in a sexual way as well.  Like young actors in Hollywood...so that, once they reached the level of power they were being 'groomed' for...they wouldn't balk at what the Real Power Brokers (also known as The Powers That Be) were doing and saying.

The Media, Hollywood, Washington....it really is a Swamp isn't it?!

good point about the possible 'sexual grooming' as well the power grooming -

heaven only knows what's going on with all this -

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, skliss said:

I agree....I just wanted to throw it out there. Hollywood seems like the kind of place where people wouldn't hesitate to settle old disputes or jealousies with false accusations. As far as I know he's the only one who's gone this route.

I hear you there. I'm not a Piven fan, he's always come off as douchey to me lol. But, who knows, if he passed, that's at least something.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Just one link of many

whoops - another woman with terminal Trump Derangement Syndrome showing how wrong she can be with her assessments   -

Maxine Waters heaping praise on Conyers to a meeting of women - organizers of the Women's March no less -  

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/maxine-waters-to-women-john-conyers-has-impeccable-integrity-on-our-issues/article/264135

During an address to organizers of the national Women’s March in which she lashed out at “rape culture” and President Trump, she singled out the Michigan lawmaker for special attention.

“You know, there is a member of Congress who has been supportive of women for many, many, many years,” said said in a keynote address to the Women's Convention Sojourner Truth Luncheon in Detroit.

“He is quiet, he is confident, he is powerful, but he has impeccable integrity on all of our issues. Give John Conyers a big round of applause.”

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bee said:

whoops - another woman with terminal Trump Derangement Syndrome showing how wrong she can be with her assessments   -

Maxine Waters heaping praise on Conyers to a meeting of women - organizers of the Women's March no less -  

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/maxine-waters-to-women-john-conyers-has-impeccable-integrity-on-our-issues/article/264135

That link...won't work from here, something about a server error...