Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
seeder

World s first head transplant has been done

85 posts in this topic

third_eye
10 minutes ago, _KB_ said:

Just one thought... THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A HEAD TRANSPLANT! it's a body transplant, because the brain (our source of consciousness) stays in the original head, now if you took out the brain swapped out the head, put the brain inside the new head then it would be a head transplant, but if the brain remains inside the head then for all intents and purposes IT'S A BODY TRANSPLANT!

Took a bit of time but ... touché ...

:lol:

~

Edited by third_eye
page break
  • Like 2

seanjo
12 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

No, It wasn't science fiction but actual experiments. I think the US tried as well with the dog head transplant  

The USSR I believe, there is a hideous vid out there of a dogs head tongue licking out and eyes moving out there, I can't look for it I find it horrible.

seanjo
8 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Who is redefining anything? Homosexuality is attraction to the same sex. Transgender is identifying with a different gender.

And being attracted to the same sex! It's Homosexuality extreme.

Gender reassignment (radical surgery) isn't the answer, it can bring even more problems than it solves, therapy to help these people feel comfortable in their own skin would be better.

Rlyeh
30 minutes ago, seanjo said:

And being attracted to the same sex! It's Homosexuality extreme.

There is no requirement that transgender are also homosexual.

• Like 1

Nzo

As long as they are not doing it to other species I do not see anything wrong with them doing research on this subject. I would suggest that their next phase should be getting brain dead but otherwise alive donors to do this on. It is gross, to say the least, but so is everything else when it comes to surgeries. I think they would learn a lot from such surgeries, things that can help with understanding many other things about the human body. The only time it should be performed on a healthy human is when they have successfully done it hundreds if not thousands of times with live human brain dead donors.

EBE Hybrid
16 hours ago, Astra. said:

Nope, not in a million years. Personally, if my body happened to be a crippled one I would accept it as being what it is..because it's still my body. The thought of having my head transplanted onto someone else's body, simply doesn't do it for me.

Also just out of curiosity, would one get to choose the gender of the new body as well?....for instance, what if they only had fresh corpses of healthy female donor bodies to use as being the only option at the time, would you accept your head being put onto one of them ?

It could be like going to the car dealership and selecting which option packs you want, some salesman suggesting that for an extra £500 you could have the athlete body and for an extra £1000 you can choose what colour options you want for the limbs torso and appendages!

• Like 2

third_eye

Why did you skirt the touchy issue regarding the genitalia ?

:D

~

• Like 1

EBE Hybrid
11 hours ago, third_eye said:

Why did you skirt the touchy issue regarding the genitalia ?

:D

~

I figured "appendages" discreetly covered the issue, just imagine, with a bit of creativity you could have some truly bizarre anything goes combinations. More Frankenfurter than Frankenstien!

• Like 1

third_eye
14 hours ago, EBE Hybrid said:

I figured "appendages" discreetly covered the issue, just imagine, with a bit of creativity you could have some truly bizarre anything goes combinations. More Frankenfurter than Frankenstien!

Exactly ... I'd rather it be on the Genitalia Category than half guessing where or what the appendages halts or starts ...

:lol:

~

Gromdor

Whenever I see this topic, I always think of some poor guy/gal getting into a horrible accident and the only body available is a body of the opposite gender.  It would definitely redefine gender roles in society.