Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Nursery bans children using glitter

8 posts in this topic

Glitter has been banned by a chain of children's nurseries because of the "terrible damage" it does to the environment.

The art material is washed into the water system and can end up in the food chain, Tops Day Nurseries insisted.

It added glitter was a microplastic which was "almost impossible to remove from the environment".

The Marine Conservation Society welcomed the nurseries' "proactive approach" towards reducing pollution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-42023245

Having been a father I can say that glitter gets everywhere and into everything. Hate the stuff. So good for them.

Amongst my crowd is a saying... "Glitter is forever". And it's true- sometimes in the middle of a random nothing going on I'll catch a random piece of glitter on me or something else that hasn't been exposed to glitter or been cleaned since there was glitter around... it just randomly magically shows up. It's like pine needles after having a live tree at Christmas- somehow though you have cleaned the floor a dozen times since then, the occasional pine needle still shows up in the middle of summer.

So another thing the humourless do-gooders are banning. Can't wait to see what's next.

11 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

So another thing the humourless do-gooders are banning. Can't wait to see what's next.

Yeah lets hope they ban crayons next. So no body gets offended by all the colors.:rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah lets hope they ban crayons next. So no body gets offended by all the colors.:rolleyes:

Not banning, but too late on the offense part- flesh and Indian red got renamed due to offense or potential offense reasons.

4 minutes ago, rashore said:

Not banning, but too late on the offense part- flesh and Indian red got renamed due to offense or potential offense reasons.

That's stupid. I guess the name of the game is, "does this trigger". 

15 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's stupid. I guess the name of the game is, "does this trigger". 

I guess... and it's been going on for a while. Flesh was dropped in 62, and Indian Red in 99.