Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feelings and Emotions

Crazy Horse

On 16 December 2017 at 3:48 AM, LightAngel said:

Well, who do you want to be? lol ;)

who-do-you-think-you-are.jpg

:P

I want to be THAT person who helps make a difference.

Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but hopefully not too ugly. Hahaha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I want to be THAT person who helps make a difference.

Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but hopefully not too ugly. Hahaha

Good choice ;)

But..... how will you accomplish that?

Will you become the difference first of all?!

Can you also love your "enemy"........ can you love people who annoy you?!

It's easy to love people who are just like ourselves (if we love ourselves, that is) :P

The real challenge is to love people who get on your nerves...

If you want to make a difference, then you have to be able to do this.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Good choice ;)

It's easy to love people who are just like ourselves (if we love ourselves, that is) :P

Yes, I have to become the thing that I want to see more in the world.

Ends and means are not different. If we want a peaceful world then we must have peaceful folk! A loving world must have loving people, and a just world must have honourable, decent, freedom loving folks to stand firm and speak up.

When you live the life you are advocating then your words have a certain power, authority, because they are coming from a place of personal experience. Not that I have perfected my reactions to those who annoy me, but I do see them as the gifts they are, and because of this I am moving from being one person to another being. My mind is constantly looking for ways to improve, refine, and grow.

The darkness is our chance to shine.

And once we have over-come a particular blockage or set of obstacles, then they will no longer manifest in your life. 

That particular shadow has been banished by your light.

On 19/12/2017 at 7:57 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, I have to become the thing that I want to see more in the world.

Ends and means are not different. If we want a peaceful world then we must have peaceful folk! A loving world must have loving people, and a just world must have honourable, decent, freedom loving folks to stand firm and speak up.

When you live the life you are advocating then your words have a certain power, authority, because they are coming from a place of personal experience. Not that I have perfected my reactions to those who annoy me, but I do see them as the gifts they are, and because of this I am moving from being one person to another being. My mind is constantly looking for ways to improve, refine, and grow.

The darkness is our chance to shine.

And once we have over-come a particular blockage or set of obstacles, then they will no longer manifest in your life. 

That particular shadow has been banished by your light.

Agreed!

What we see in others is often a reflection of ourselves in one way or another.

It sometimes means that there are things about ourselves that need our attention so we can grow. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Agreed!

It sometimes means that there are things about ourselves that need our attention so we can grow. 

Absolutley.

Whether that is some negative aspect in an other, or a positiveness, its all one!

In fact, I would say that our negative reactions can be most telling - and most helpful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Agreed!

Yes and if we see something we don't like in somebody it is probably something we don't like in ourselves.

• Like 2

Most people, including myself, have this notion that as we act, so we feel, and as we feel, so we become. Which I guess is fair enough. But what if this was only a half truth? What if the whole truth was something more like - as we feel, so we act!

Feeling and being can be seen as the cause instead of the effect.

Being in a state of happiness or resting in a feeling of love, will be the source of greatness within ones life.

Having love or happiness as a state of mind, is going to effect everything. A powerful vibration that is only going to increase from moment to moment and from day to day. Until you feel so happy and strong that nothing will bother you. That might be a long process to get to such a high level, but I believe that any Master walking the planet today - you could not, under any circumstances, make them unhappy.

Happiness is a state of mind.

If you having nothing else whatsoever, you can still be happy, grateful, and full of love.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Most people, including myself, have this notion that as we act, so we feel, and as we feel, so we become. Which I guess is fair enough. But what if this was only a half truth? What if the whole truth was something more like - as we feel, so we act!

Feeling and being can be seen as the cause instead of the effect.

Being in a state of happiness or resting in a feeling of love, will be the source of greatness within ones life.

Having love or happiness as a state of mind, is going to effect everything. A powerful vibration that is only going to increase from moment to moment and from day to day. Until you feel so happy and strong that nothing will bother you. That might be a long process to get to such a high level, but I believe that any Master walking the planet today - you could not, under any circumstances, make them unhappy.

Happiness is a state of mind.

If you having nothing else whatsoever, you can still be happy, grateful, and full of love.

I agree with this.  The impression I've got recently is that we mostly act about things based upon how we feel only.

Ive begun to think of certain aspects of logic and reasoning as forms of feeling rather than some other force.

Anyway, I think that emotion reacts where as feeling acts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

I agree with this.  The impression I've got recently is that we mostly act about things based upon how we feel only.

Ive begun to think of certain aspects of logic and reasoning as forms of feeling rather than some other force.

Anyway, I think that emotion reacts where as feeling acts.

Yes, we act upon our feelings, our wants and desires.. If those feelings are healthy, selflessly happy etc, then a positive outcome for both parties is pretty much guaranteed.

But, is logic and reasoning based on feelings? I dont see logic and reasoning as being any kind of force, its just the way something is already. An uncovering of the truth so to speak.

I like your last sentence. Feelings act - actually feeling happy and kindhearted will change the way you act and this will change your whole life too. Same way feeling hurt or angry will affect your life.

And emotions react? Maybe. I see emotion as being the energetic force by which our thoughts and feelings are "pushed out there". I believe that we can explain our thoughts extreamely forceable without any feelings attached. 

Perhaps emotion has to do with Spirit, and feelings the Soul - and thoughts - where do thoughts come from???

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, we act upon our feelings, our wants and desires.. If those feelings are healthy, selflessly happy etc, then a positive outcome for both parties is pretty much guaranteed.

But, is logic and reasoning based on feelings? I dont see logic and reasoning as being any kind of force, its just the way something is already. An uncovering of the truth so to speak.

I like your last sentence. Feelings act - actually feeling happy and kindhearted will change the way you act and this will change your whole life too. Same way feeling hurt or angry will affect your life.

And emotions react? Maybe. I see emotion as being the energetic force by which our thoughts and feelings are "pushed out there". I believe that we can explain our thoughts extreamely forceable without any feelings attached. 

Perhaps emotion has to do with Spirit, and feelings the Soul - and thoughts - where do thoughts come from???

Not too sure.  I know that whole I'm contemplating something I'll often use my feelings as guidance.  A sort of string desire or curiosity for the truth that motivates my thought.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Yes and if we see something we don't like in somebody it is probably something we don't like in ourselves.

That is only true, if the dislike we feel is irrational.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Feelings are generally thought to run from an uncondictional blisful love down to utter terror and fear. And all the variables in between.

Emotion on the other hand is simply the strengh of these feeling, the vehicle that drives them forward. Or we might say that feelings are the colour of life but is the emotion that adds depth and richness to those basic colours.

Anger is a good example. Anger arises from fear, fear of the unknown, of change, of self, of loosing something.. The more emotion the greater the impact is, but if you can turn the anger away from fear and just have the pure emotion, then it's like turning up the volume on your iPhone. You turn it up, the emotion is raw, then turn it down and carry on as before.

Compassion is another good example. Compassion is literally this feeling of wanting to help someone in distress. The feeling you get in your heart when you see someone suffering. Whether we act upon this feeling is another matter, but ha-ho, no-ones perfect. The point being that the greater this feeling of compassion the more likely you are going to stop and help. If we want to reach this place of blissful unconditional love, then compassion must be felt strongly.

And one more point - The Result. Our feelings are great markers upon our personal path. When we come to a cross roads and we have a difficult choice to make, we can make it out of fear or out of love, and the results are there for all to see.

Any thoughts, feelings or emotions?

Life is a long string of experiences.

Some of them you are neutral towards, some you attach positive emotions too, and some you attach negative emotions too. As a human being you want everything your own way so try to bias your life towards only having positive emotions.

Its an unwinnable rat race because reality doesnt work in the way that you think. The more you try to impose order and control the more chaos thwarts your efforts. You find ways to prevent, avoid, and overcome the negative. Reality just adapts with the negative experiences it throws at you to get under your skin. The longer you stay in the rat race the more unhappy, angry, bitter, stressed, and miserable you become.

The secret to life (what you are being taught) is not to attach any emotions to any experience. As you focus on this goal some emotions are easy to let go off. Some are like a wart buried deep into your skin and take time to gradually revise it away. But all attachment to emotions can be overcome.

Once that evil Demiurge loses its ability to get under your skin you will notice what life throws at you changes. Yes I am saying there is a consciousness behind reality deliberately doing everything it can to do your mind it. It knows your weak spots, it knows what buttons to press, and keeps doing it until you learn to detach.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

On 21 December 2017 at 10:16 AM, PsiSeeker said:

Not too sure.  I know that whole I'm contemplating something I'll often use my feelings as guidance.  A sort of string desire or curiosity for the truth that motivates my thought.

Yes, contemplating some thing, we can focus our attention and feel our natural reaction to a certain idea or situation. It is an innate guiding system for our evolution, our cleansing. In the relative sense.

But thoughts! All thoughts, ideas and notions, all wisdom, Pure Consciousness, is right here within us already. As the heart feels, the mind expands and we get to tap into THAT which is not separate.

God - mind - Spirit.

ALL is One.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 3:34 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, contemplating some thing, we can focus our attention and feel our natural reaction to a certain idea or situation. It is an innate guiding system for our evolution, our cleansing. In the relative sense.

But thoughts! All thoughts, ideas and notions, all wisdom, Pure Consciousness, is right here within us already. As the heart feels, the mind expands and we get to tap into THAT which is not separate.

God - mind - Spirit.

ALL is One.

I have wondered that recently.  What am I when I am merely being?  My entire being is available at the moment as potential energy.  Yet whole I'm merely being, not feeling love, not contemplating truth.  When I am simply what I am.  What is this?

• Like 1

On 19/12/2017 at 7:23 PM, LightAngel said:

Good choice ;)

Yes my soul sister..

This is necessary for Wisdom..

And you are wise Ms LA..

Arohanuikiakoe

MO...xxx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

I have wondered that recently.  What am I when I am merely being?  My entire being is available at the moment as potential energy.  Yet whole I'm merely being, not feeling love, not contemplating truth.  When I am simply what I am.  What is this?

You said it!!

Your entire being is available as potential energy.

If you can rest without any thoughts, by watching the watcher, or by simply asking yourself, what is mind? All thoughts and feelings, more or less, drop away. You can just sit there looking at life without any need or judgement. But, when you do re-engage your mind, its like a high powered car full of rocket fuel..

But what is this? I would call it your Soul.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Yes my soul sister..

This is necessary for Wisdom..

And you are wise Ms LA..

Arohanuikiakoe

MO...xxx

Gz6vV3l.gif

Never stop having fun ;)

• Like 4

Just now, LightAngel said:

Gz6vV3l.gif

Never stop having fun ;)

Lol...!!

Your so cool....

Head up, keep shining..x x

Arohanuikiakoe....

MO...xx

• Like 1

On 19 November 2017 at 4:07 PM, Crazy Horse said:

I think there are times like what White Unicorn described in post #12 when demonstrating this kind of love can have a profound affect. An understanding, a forgiving and even a show of gratitude.

I think turning the other cheek is a high ideal. 

Humans have a fight or flight responce but we can also talk and express a deep love without words.

So to be honest, it would entirely depend on a particular situation.  

Just to add. I see "turning the other cheek" to be as much about ones mental attitude, as it is ones physical actions.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 10:23 PM, LightAngel said:

Good choice ;)

I don't think that in order to make a difference or be of service you must first love a person who is difficult.  Being there for others is not prefaced on whether you love them or not, it is a result of your capacity for empathy and compassion. 

I have been a 1 on 1 caregiver in many capacities, I did not love all my patients, some I didn't like,  but this had no bearing on my ability to be the difference in their life, what mattered was the comfort, care, compassion, and empathy I gave when they needed it most. Empathy and compassion transcends these requirements. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:
On 11/19/2017 at 9:07 AM, Crazy Horse said:

I think there are times like what White Unicorn described in post #12 when demonstrating this kind of love can have a profound affect. An understanding, a forgiving and even a show of gratitude.

I think turning the other cheek is a high ideal. 

Humans have a fight or flight responce but we can also talk and express a deep love without words.

So to be honest, it would entirely depend on a particular situation.  

Just to add. I see "turning the other cheek" to be as much about ones mental attitude, as it is ones physical actions.

Instead of turning the other cheek to evil, why not the evildoer not do evil?  Sounds better to be.

Edited by Mystic Crusader
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Instead of turning the other cheek to evil, why not the evildoer not do evil?  Sounds better to be.

In my opinion at least, turning the other cheek isnt about turning a blind eye to evil per se, but more, not reacting badly. Not heaping sin upon sin upon more sin.

And it isn't only about evil stuff anyway. Its more about the moments in life when you feel slighted, or insulted, or belittled or made to look foolish or naive or something along these lines. People get so upset nowadays over the least little thing. Mentally turning the other cheek shows maturity, a rising above the pettiness of other folks small mindedness.

Take this forum for instance. It is a great place to practice this philosophy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It is not so much about how you feel but the intentions behind the act.

Exactly, being compassionate or empathetic will show no matter how you feel about the situation, in fact, if you don't like the person it speaks even more of the one being if service, or if you aren't family, yet, give to a person who is in need. This us the essence of compassion. 

• Like 2