Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feelings and Emotions

Crazy Horse

4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Mentally turning the other cheek shows maturity, a rising above the pettiness of other folks small mindedness.

Agreed! :)

On 20/12/2017 at 7:21 PM, Crazy Horse said:

Having love or happiness as a state of mind, is going to effect everything. A powerful vibration that is only going to increase from moment to moment and from day to day. Until you feel so happy and strong that nothing will bother you. That might be a long process to get to such a high level, but I believe that any Master walking the planet today - you could not, under any circumstances, make them unhappy.

Being a truly loving person who asks nothing in return is something that comes naturally. Equally, if it does not come naturally then I believe that it is not a "skill" that can just be learned. 

However, loving means caring and sometimes bad things can happen, things out of our control, to the ones we love and care about. And this may bring about sadness and a host of other difficult emotions which come as a result of loving and caring. Therefore, you cannot just cut out emotions out of your "repertoire" as you please, you're not programming a machine. 

Either you feel or you don't. If you do - then you have to take all the feelings in - good and bad. If you don't feel - then you will never be sad, but you will also never be happy, either.

It's funny how even on this plane - the balance of nature shows itself. How joy and suffering, life and death, love and hate, peace and war, light and darkness - go hand in hand and cannot exist one without the other. Also like me and chocolate :P

How much of an emotional person someone is -  is very much a matter of degree - some people are just more emotional than others. And as it is not a skill that can be learned then people should just embrace who they are. Of course, if it is a matter of degree - then we would necessarily have the extremes, of course. The non-emotional extreme being, say, a psychopathic person. Then you may ask me - should that person just embrace their non-emotional nature? And I say - yes, absolutely, however, if they are intelligent, they should also then see, through reasoning, how the consequence of their behavior towards others impacts them in non-emotional ways. Such as ending in up jail, sometimes. But this is now beside the point.

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 1

The following when considering the virtuousness or goodness of positive emotional states and intention.

I am not so quick to dispel the potential utility of negative emotional states.  The power of love, compassion, gratitude and the like are frequently spoken of however the most moving powerful and memorable emotional states I've experienced comes from negative emotion.  The degree to which I'm capable of influencing and affecting my surroundings most readily, quickly and directly seem to mostly stem from negative emotional states, not positive.

Take dreams as an example to illustrate the power negative emotions have.  My most vivid, memorable and powerful dreams tend to become more vivid, memorable and powerful when I'm in the midst of a powerful negative emotion.  My perception will tend to blow up in response to fear far more than it would in response to love.  Fear is far more likely to create effect than I feel love is.  I am held in the grip of a dream and can't escape in states of great anger or fear.  (I experienced night terrors as a kid) However when I'm neutral or even if I feel like I'm experiencing a very positive and rewarding dream state it tends to be fleeting and will actually run away from me as I become more aware of it.  Escaping these dream states is also fairly easy for me.  It makes sense from an evolutionary perspective to simulate negative perceptual states more readily than positive however as a result we are more powerful (for good or for bad) in the throws of negative states than we are in positive.

I wonder about societal expectations and workplace health and safety laws.  Typically when in the midst of positive emotion sharing and expressing it tends to be well received by others.  However when we are in the midst of negative emotion or intention we are far more likely to suppress and internalise than expressing it due to knowing it is "bad".  The reason I mention work place stuff.  Assume there's some person who's natural emotional behaviour is to be a fiend, sexual harasser, bully and such.  This behaviour is made illegal and the person is told "don't do that."  Yet, as far as I can see, all this really does is give the company legal cause to dispose of such people.  Even if this person seems to change their behaviour I find it far more likely that they would bottle up their natural tendencies and dance to the tune of the piper than become different emotional beings.  As such I don't believe that the perpetrator's emotional tendencies are actually taken into account when these laws come about.  As such these issues aren't dealt with at their root and as such what stops a naturally negative person from just finding ways to circumvent these laws anyway?  I would say this "bottling up" effect just causes that person's capacity for vicious and sadistic behaviour to magnify.  They are also more likely, I feel, to look for ways to circumvent law through carrying out their intention in underhanded ways perhaps if they are particularly resourceful.  Consider that one does not necessarily need to look at sadistic and vicious individuals to consider negative emotional states that don't see the light of day.  I recall smiling and nodding and saying what was expected in response to , what I felt was, unwarranted disciplinary action plenty of times.  It doesn't take much imagination for me to see feelings of hate and resentment and revenge that could potentially cause far worse acts to come about as a result.

I would postulate that the way humanity deals with the more vicious and sadistic parts of itself only has the effect of causing individuals to hide it away behind facades of lawful conduct.  I would also postulate that each individual's ability for vicious and sadistic behaviour is far greater than I realise or expect.  I think that individuals who are more prone to vicious and sadistic behaviours are simply driven to develop greater and greater resourcefulness in order to express these aspects of themselves.  Internalising heavy emotional states doesn't seem to work very well.

As far as the goodness of love and joy and positive I consider what I've read about the Buddha and meditation.  I recall that even states of great joy and elation isn't the aim of the meditation.  Supposedly a neutral sort of state is aimed at that nevertheless is seen as positive.  Not too sure.

Anyway, what is it that causes emotion to evolve in the way that it does?  What is it about positive emotion that feels good and negative that feels bad?  And why feelings of good and bad?  How much of a specific feeling is conditioned as a reaction to some act?  What if there's an intensely negative person who's behaviour is seen as good regardless?  Do we only care about objective appearance and expected behaviour or are we concerned with subjective states too?  Is the only reason society prefers positive emotion due to its predictability?  These laws come about by way of good intention I would think however are such issues really addressed at their roots?

To see why I'm wondering about the "goodness" of positive emotion and the "badness" of negative emotion consider the possibility that humanity is a virus.  A virus that will expand, consume every natural resource and never stabilise.  What do we have to say about positive and negative emotional states within such a population?  What if intensely vicious and sadistic negative individuals exist as stabilisers for uncontrollable population growth?  What if a more accurate depiction of the state of reality is more apparent to negative individuals?  Realisations that the positive and loving amongst us perhaps would have never paused to consider fully?

I postulate too that the main purpose, or at least one of the main purposes, that emotion serves is due to social needs.  However the size of a group a human can belong to and have meaningful interactions and relationships with isn't greater than about 150 individuals.  (Dunbar's number)  When I think of the average size of families and our average interactions with one another on a daily basis I severely doubt many of us have such rich and frequent interaction with even as many as 20 people.  The biggest groups that seem to spawn out of society naturally seem to exist in the forms of mobs and gangs in the real world or exist only in virtual reality on forums or as parts of video games and the like.  There isn't much emotional drive for unity as a whole in the business world and government as far as I can see.  Anyway, getting side tracked.

I want to conclude this by postulating that the most loving, compassionate, considerate, supportive and influential individuals are only so effective due to the relationship they have developed with the "dark side."

7 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Being a truly loving person who asks nothing in return is something that comes naturally. Equally, if it does not come naturally then I believe that it is not a "skill" that can just be learned. 

I have to disagree. If you are not a naturally loving person, then it is very possible to change oneself, sometimes alone, sometimes within a group, but the intention, the wanting to change is a prerequisite for personal growth, either consciously, which is best, or even subconsciously. I am not the same person as I was in my 20s or 30s, I am not the same person that I was 3 months ago...

However, loving means caring and sometimes bad things can happen, things out of our control, to the ones we love and care about. And this may bring about sadness and a host of other difficult emotions which come as a result of loving and caring. Therefore, you cannot just cut out emotions out of your "repertoire" as you please, you're not programming a machine. 

We are not programming a machine, that is true, but at the same time we all have certain mental a physical habits. Neuroplasticity, the brains ability to rewire itself through our thoughts and actions. OCD is a classic example. A person must repeat the same action to alleviate their anxiety. This is a learnt pattern of behaviour thru thoughts and actions, and likewise it can be unlearnt thru other thoughts and actions.

In the buddhist tradition, if someone is very selfish and greedy, they ask him to hold something valuable in his hand, then they ask him to give it to the other hand, and back and forth he goes. Its the beginning of a mental and physical change.

And as for sadness - I was talking about a Master, not the average person in the street. And I said that I thought is was impossible to make a Master unhappy. I still think that. Not being unhappy doesnt mean that you are happy all the time, it simply means that we accept life as it comes and we make the best of any given situation.  

Edited by Crazy Horse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I have to disagree. If you are not a naturally loving person, then it is very possible to change oneself, sometimes alone, sometimes within a group, but the intention, the wanting to change is a prerequisite for personal growth, either consciously, which is best, or even subconsciously. I am not the same person as I was in my 20s or 30s, I am not the same person that I was 3 months ago...

We are not programming a machine, that is true, but at the same time we all have certain mental a physical habits. Neuroplasticity, the brains ability to rewire itself through our thoughts and actions. OCD is a classic example. A person must repeat the same action to alleviate their anxiety. This is a learnt pattern of behaviour thru thoughts and actions, and likewise it can be unlearnt thru other thoughts and actions.

In the buddhist tradition, if someone is very selfish and greedy, they ask him to hold something valuable in his hand, then they ask him to give it to the other hand, and back and forth he goes. Its the beginning of a mental and physical change.

And as for sadness - I was talking about a Master, not the average person in the street. And I said that I thought is was impossible to make a Master unhappy. I still think that. Not being unhappy doesnt mean that you are happy all the time, it simply means that we accept life as it comes and we make the best of any given situation.  

I would say that it is possible to change, yes, but just into something that you already have in you. I can express what I mean best by building a little bit on the already used analogy of "playing the cards that you were dealt". So, if we dissect that one - let's say that for our personality - we get dealt 5 cards at birth. During our lifetime, we don't use the whole hand, but tend to play the same, say, 2 cards. In this way, we do form a certain pattern in our brain, the "wiring" of our brain. Let's now say that, for whatever reason, playing those particular 2 cards is not really working out for us, and it may very well be a disorder such as OCD. And then through CBT which, from what I've heard, is the most effective therapy for OCD, we learn to "rewire" our brain to not play those 2 cards but play another 2 (out of he original 5) or some other combination. And now this new combination works for us much better. My main point is - the brain can be rewired, sure, but only to another version of yourself that was already there to begin with. If it wasn't, the rewiring wouldn't work.

With that said, not everybody has the same set of 5 cards and even if we take, say, 10 people holding a pair of jacks -  not all of these people will be playing that pair of jacks. And very much like poker, even though winning may not necessarily be about money, it is not necessarily the best hand of cards you will need to win the pot.

I have another analogy to support my point regarding things you're born with and how much you can achieve through learning. Let's take a tone-deaf person. A tone-deaf person can, with sufficient effort, learn how to play a musical instrument. However, for a person who's been born with a sense for music  - this will be much easier. And on an absolute scale, with the same amount of effort put into practicing etc.  - the person who is tone-deaf will never be as good at playing an instrument as the person who had a natural talent for music. 

My final point is that emotions as pattens of behavior and/or thinking can indeed be learned. Even to such an extent that the learned behavioral pattern can begin to elicit an emotional response that would otherwise trigger the behavior that was learned. In this way - such a "wiring" of the brain can be constructed but it is in many ways artificial compared to a wiring that was just naturally there.

And by saying this, I'm not implying that the learned emotion will be less effective than the inborn kind - sometimes quite the opposite. From my experience, the people who had to undergo some rewiring often had to work much harder with themselves and have in the process gained a lot more insight and wisdom than a person who had, more often than not, taken their natural "talent" for granted.

And no matter how "talented" I might be at something, I will strive to become even better, as I think everybody should do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

I would say that it is possible to change, yes, but just into something that you already have in you. I can express what I mean best by building a little bit on the already used analogy of "playing the cards that you were dealt". So, if we dissect that one - let's say that for our personality - we get dealt 5 cards at birth. During our lifetime, we don't use the whole hand, but tend to play the same, say, 2 cards. In this way, we do form a certain pattern in our brain, the "wiring" of our brain. Let's now say that, for whatever reason, playing those particular 2 cards is not really working out for us, and it may very well be a disorder such as OCD. And then through CBT which, from what I've heard, is the most effective therapy for OCD, we learn to "rewire" our brain to not play those 2 cards but play another 2 (out of he original 5) or some other combination. And now this new combination works for us much better. My main point is - the brain can be rewired, sure, but only to another version of yourself that was already there to begin with. If it wasn't, the rewiring wouldn't work.

With that said, not everybody has the same set of 5 cards and even if we take, say, 10 people holding a pair of jacks -  not all of these people will be playing that pair of jacks. And very much like poker, even though winning may not necessarily be about money, it is not necessarily the best hand of cards you will need to win the pot.

I have another analogy to support my point regarding things you're born with and how much you can achieve through learning. Let's take a tone-deaf person. A tone-deaf person can, with sufficient effort, learn how to play a musical instrument. However, for a person who's been born with a sense for music  - this will be much easier. And on an absolute scale, with the same amount of effort put into practicing etc.  - the person who is tone-deaf will never be as good at playing an instrument as the person who had a natural talent for music. 

My final point is that emotions as pattens of behavior and/or thinking can indeed be learned. Even to such an extent that the learned behavioral pattern can begin to elicit an emotional response that would otherwise trigger the behavior that was learned. In this way - such a "wiring" of the brain can be constructed but it is in many ways artificial compared to a wiring that was just naturally there.

And by saying this, I'm not implying that the learned emotion will be less effective than the inborn kind - sometimes quite the opposite. From my experience, the people who had to undergo some rewiring often had to work much harder with themselves and have in the process gained a lot more insight and wisdom than a person who had, more often than not, taken their natural "talent" for granted.

And no matter how "talented" I might be at something, I will strive to become even better, as I think everybody should do.

I kind of agree.

Repace the idea of cards, with the idea of talent, which you did, and I can agree.

We are all born with innate natural talents, and we can ignore them or not, but I get the feeling that ignoring them will make us unhappy, or uneasy or something, whereas taking up your natural talent seems like an obvious and rewarding thing to do.

So a talent might be for a musical instrument, a physical and mental expression. Another talent might be purely mental, like being good at maths, or having a photographic memory.

But we were talking about feelings and emotions, about love or the lack of. These I totally believe can be nurtured and cultivated. Just like any of the above too. The prerequisite is the desire for something.. And then your dedication.

Personally I believe that I have everything within me. The good, the bad, and the ugly haha, but ultimatly speaking, it is only THAT which I choose to bring forth which will ultimately manifest. If we use our mind, our experience, shaped by our desire, then we can all find peace and happiness.

11 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Personally I believe that I have everything within me. The good, the bad, and the ugly haha

I know :lol:

11 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

but ultimatly speaking, it is only THAT which I choose to bring forth which will ultimately manifest. If we use our mind, our experience, shaped by our desire, then we can all find peace and happiness.

Yup, and if you are happy then you can also uplift others around you.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Crazy Horse, I love "not being unhappy doesn't mean your happy all the time, it simply means that we accept life as it comes and we find the best in any given situation." 

Very well said.:wub:

• Like 1

Myself, I've always considered happiness the state of not being unhappy; contentment the state of not being discontented and so on. I suppose if you put your emotional state on a graph, you would have a lot of peaks and valleys, from outright misery to complete ecstasy. True happiness, to me, is flat lining it most of the time and staying on an even keel. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Myself, I've always considered happiness the state of not being unhappy; contentment the state of not being discontented and so on. I suppose if you put your emotional state on a graph, you would have a lot of peaks and valleys, from outright misery to complete ecstasy. True happiness, to me, is flat lining it most of the time and staying on an even keel. 

Yeah, in the span of a day. Today alone I had many not happy moments, thoughts but they didn't rock the crux of my being which is peace and contentment. I didn't dwell on them,  I acknowledged them and let them pass, not unlike clouds passing in front of the sun.  I liked that CH was pointing out that the master is not unhappy because they don't dwell or attach to the emotions or thoughts in the moment. IMO 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Yeah, in the span of a day. Today alone I had many not happy moments, thoughts but they didn't rock the crux of my being which is peace and contentment. I didn't dwell on them,  I acknowledged them and let them pass, not unlike clouds passing in front of the sun.  I liked that CH was pointing out that the master is not unhappy because they don't dwell or attach to the emotions or thoughts in the moment. IMO 

In the West there once was a discipline called Stoicism, an ancient Greek school of philosophy founded at Athens by Zeno, a Philosopher of Citium.  The school taught that virtue, the highest good, is based on knowledge, and that the wise live in harmony with the divine Reason (also identified with Fate and Providence) that governs nature, and are indifferent to the vicissitudes of fortune and to pleasure and pain.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I said that I thought is was impossible to make a Master unhappy. I still think that.  

1364db7e93221a1ab1f8164d9d77bdec.jpg

5 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

1364db7e93221a1ab1f8164d9d77bdec.jpg

I would say that although happiness and joy are synonymous with each other, they actually mean slightly different things. 

Therefore, sadness and unhappiness are also slightly different too.

Sadness and the shedding of tears are one thing, actually being unhappy is a slightly different thing.

Being unhappy means that you dont accept the situation as it is, being sad means that you do accept the situation as it is.

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

I would say that although happiness and joy are synonymous with each other, they actually mean slightly different things. 

Therefore, sadness and unhappiness are also slightly different too.

Sadness and the shedding of tears are one thing, actually being unhappy is a slightly different thing.

Being unhappy means that you dont accept the situation as it is, being sad means that you do accept the situation as it is.

well, if you put it that way, then I agree with you :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

well, if you put it that way, then I agree with you :D

Phew...lol

To be honest, the first 3 lines were mine. My insights, experience, my intuition. But the last sentence, I only got that once I had asked for some guidance. I had no idea what the punchline was going to be haha.. Almost as soon as I asked, the answer popped into my head!!

But it was your initial action, my effort, and a little help from my Friend. 

This is the way forward in my honest opinion.

A combination of folks working together with Spirit.

THAT is my take anyway!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 5:17 AM, LightAngel said:

Either you feel or you don't. If you do - then you have to take all the feelings in - good and bad. If you don't feel - then you will never be sad, but you will also never be happy, either.

It's funny how even on this plane - the balance of nature shows itself. How joy and suffering, life and death, love and hate, peace and war, light and darkness - go hand in hand and cannot exist one without the other. Also like me and chocolate :P

How much of an emotional person someone is -  is very much a matter of degree - some people are just more emotional than others. And as it is not a skill that can be learned then people should just embrace who they are. Of course, if it is a matter of degree - then we would necessarily have the extremes, of course. The non-emotional extreme being, say, a psychopathic person. Then you may ask me - should that person just embrace their non-emotional nature? And I say - yes, absolutely, however, if they are intelligent, they should also then see, through reasoning, how the consequence of their behavior towards others impacts them in non-emotional ways. Such as ending up in jail, sometimes. But this is now beside the point.

I want to talk a little more about psychopathy and what we as a society can do to demarginalize people with that disorder.

They aren't evil, they are just different than you and me. We are all a part of nature.

If they are a danger to society, then they should be stopped of course, and I hope we can find a cure here so they don't have to spend their whole life in jail.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 3:18 PM, LightAngel said:

I would say that it is possible to change, yes, but just into something that you already have in you. I can express what I mean best by building a little bit on the already used analogy of "playing the cards that you were dealt". So, if we dissect that one - let's say that for our personality - we get dealt 5 cards at birth. During our lifetime, we don't use the whole hand, but tend to play the same, say, 2 cards. In this way, we do form a certain pattern in our brain, the "wiring" of our brain. Let's now say that, for whatever reason, playing those particular 2 cards is not really working out for us, and it may very well be a disorder such as OCD. And then through CBT which, from what I've heard, is the most effective therapy for OCD, we learn to "rewire" our brain to not play those 2 cards but play another 2 (out of the original 5) or some other combination. And now this new combination works for us much better. My main point is - the brain can be rewired, sure, but only to another version of yourself that was already there to begin with. If it wasn't, the rewiring wouldn't work.

I need to mention a little more here.

I have a question for Crazy Horse. How do you feel about people who use love as a way to manipulate others? - People who pretend to be loving and caring, but aren't! 

Can you always recognize them when you see them?! - I can always feel when a person is sincere because a person like that normally doesn't brag about all the good things they do, they just do it and they don't need a reward for it.

• Like 1

I want to talk a little more about psychopathy and what we as a society can do to demarginalize people with that disorder.

They aren't evil, they are just different than you and me. We are all a part of nature.

If they are a danger to society, then they should be stopped of course, and I hope we can find a cure here so they don't have to spend their whole life in jail.

Well I don't think putting them on SSRI's helps matters most of the time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LightAngel said:

I need to mention a little more here.

I have a question for Crazy Horse. How do you feel about people who use love as a way to manipulate others? - People who pretend to be loving and caring, but aren't! 

Can you always recognize them when you see them?! - I can always feel when a person is sincere because a person like that normally doesn't brag about all the good things they do, they just do it and they don't need a reward for it.

When C G Jung spoke about "Projecting" and was talking about folks ability to see in others what they lack in themselves and so on a subconscious level they are reminding themselves about their own shortcomings. Perhaps when folk brag about stuff they are doing is the same thing? Reminding themselves of their shortcomings by boasting about a nonexistent or underdeveloped quality..

Or perhaps they simpley need a self confidence boast because they lack a consious connection to their higher self, soul, spirit, Goodness?? 

But love cannot be used to manipulate others. Pretending to love, like you said, can and does manipulate, but thats not really love! Well, actually, the guy doing the manipulation does obviously love himself so much that he might be willing to lie and deceive, so actually there is a twisted kind of love going on, but again I come back to this question; do you want to be happy?

When I was younger, I didnt care about other peoples feelings, even when I got a slap round the face for my efforts lol.. But at some point I grew up, I understood in a very real way that what goes around comes around and that actually feeling unhappy and ashamed of myself wasnt the best way to live. If you want to be happy?

So yes, I believe that we can all sense when someone is lying to us, sometimes we dont care, some folk might even welcome it if it means some short lived comfort..

But did you hear the old saying, "if you dont blow your own trumpet, then you dont get to play in the band"?

There is a fine line between bragging and boasting, and being self deprecating to the point where you put yourself down.

Where that line is Im not sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LightAngel said:

I think the difference between a socialpath and a psychopath is a question of violence. A socialpath will lie, manipulate, flatter and deceive, but they wouldn't use violence..

There is a measurable electromagnetic field emminating from the heart that extends to around four, five, 6 feet. This field does affect those who come within range. So, if you had a psychopath surrounded by good folk, genuinely kind folk, who actually lived this life of love, then perhaps a fundemental change, possibly a DNA switch could happen?

Im no expert but I've listened to people who seem to know what they are talking about. I guess the only way to find out is to try these ideas, and I cant see that happening for awhile!

• Like 1

do you want to be happy?

I already am happy (most of the time anyway) - Are you also alive and kicking? :rofl: 

Where that line is Im not sure.

As I already said in your topic about God...

When you are God in your own life, then you have no need for bragging, and you have no need to compete against others either.

You just live and let live.

You are at peace with yourself and you have nothing to prove.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, LightAngel said:

I already am happy (most of the time anyway) - Are you also alive and kicking? :rofl: 

As I already said in your topic about God...

When you are God in your own life, then you have no need for bragging, and you have no need to compete against others either.

You just live and let live.

You are at peace with yourself and you have nothing to prove.

You have nothing to prove, I agree, but what we are trying to do above all else is to demonstrate this connectivity with the Divine, with our higher self etc. that way we become a loving and living example to anyone whos lives we touch or even come in to contact with. For example, just standing in the queue at the supermarket creates some strange experiences with those around me...

So this is a good example. Was that little story about the supermarket a brag, or was I actually trying to help someone by sharing my personal experience. If we want to be a light unto the darkness, then we cannot hide our light under a bushel.

So I guess the fine line between bragging and expressing your life force, your love fully, is the intention behind the action!

• Like 1

You have nothing to prove, I agree, but what we are trying to do above all else is to demonstrate this connectivity with the Divine, with our higher self etc. that way we become a loving and living example to anyone whos lives we touch or even come in to contact with. For example, just standing in the queue at the supermarket creates some strange experiences with those around me...

So this is a good example. Was that little story about the supermarket a brag, or was I actually trying to help someone by sharing my personal experience. If we want to be a light unto the darkness, then we cannot hide our light under a bushel.

So I guess the fine line between bragging and expressing your life force, your love fully, is the intention behind the action!

When you are God in your own life, then you are full of love, both for yourself and for others.

So your intentions are always pure when you are at that level.

You always want people to find their own way....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

When you are God in your own life, then you are full of love, both for yourself and for others.

So your intentions are always pure when you are at that level.

You always want people to find their own way....

Yes thats a nice way to put it.

So perhaps I was talking "pre-enlightenment" and you "post- enlightenment"?

But the obvious question now is how does one find their own sense of Godliness, to be able to express fully the love and light of the universe via each and every action - thoughts, words and deeds!? A spontaneous connection and expression of ALL THAT IS.

And where do feelings and emotions come into the equation?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes thats a nice way to put it.

So perhaps I was talking "pre-enlightenment" and you "post- enlightenment"?

But the obvious question now is how does one find their own sense of Godliness, to be able to express fully the love and light of the universe via each and every action - thoughts, words and deeds!? A spontaneous connection and expression of ALL THAT IS.

And where do feelings and emotions come into the equation?

Sometimes there is something bigger than our own feelings and emotions. The higher truth, for example!

When you know something is true, then you have to listen to it even if it hurts you... your own feelings and emotions will then follow that energy, and become a part of you (the body you are living in right now) - and then you will be closer to the God you are.

Sorry, but I can't find the right human words here because they don't exist here, so I hope you understand my point anyway.

• Like 2