Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flat-Earthers gather for first ever conference

UM-Bot

Oh lord, it is in the States.  The whole world thinks we are a bunch of fools as it is. At least they didn't have it in Florida. But then my roommate thinks the earth is hollow with people living on the inside. I guess there is a hole in Antarctica where you can get inside.  There is a bunch of it on youtube, that I have been forced to watch occasionally.  He is actually very bright,  but I think his creative side has run amok. 

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
  • Like 1

the "conspiracy theory" culture has gotten out of hand and had twisted the mind of the snowflakes.  Bizarre.  I think it's purposeful ignorance in an attempt to buck authority.

Oh my! I just want to know their answer to how it's possible to have night and day at the same time on a flat earth

@Grandpa Greenman. I don't think of you yankees as fools. I have met quite a few americans here in Sweden and I only have good experiences. Super friendly and polite.

All countries have their share of morons...but they're called politicians ;-D and they shouldn't affect your view of the average joe People who says "Americans are "insert insult here" are ignorant and close minded.

I will never understand "your" addiction to bear firearms everywhere but that's not my business :-D I just wanted to tell you that I have only positive things to say about the americans i've met :-)

Edited by Klownzilla

I’m still unclear on why the “powers-that-be” would “lie” about the shape of the earth. In most conspiracy theories there’s at least some reason people think they’re being lied to. What would one gain by falsely portraying the shape of the earth? What exactly are scientists “hiding” by saying the world is round? I just don’t understand what this movement is trying to prove. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scrunchkruckets said:

i don't understand why they think the earth is flat...where do they get their proof from.? maybe ill join their club for the free tea and flat breads and biscuits afterwards :) 

They can't see the curvature, NASA is a bunch of liars, The Bible says so, etc.

Some of them have gone completely idiotic denying anything they can't see or understand, such as microbes, nuclear weapons, one even claimed lava isn't real.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrknownothing said:

I’m still unclear on why the “powers-that-be” would “lie” about the shape of the earth. In most conspiracy theories there’s at least some reason people think they’re being lied to. What would one gain by falsely portraying the shape of the earth? What exactly are scientists “hiding” by saying the world is round? I just don’t understand what this movement is trying to prove. 

My thoughts exactly. It just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

I still have not found 1 person who thinks the Earth is flat.   I think this is just something that people who miss the debate team like to do. 

• Like 2

if so many can be tricked with such a low level, lousy obvious lie, imagine how many will fall for not so obvious lie, oh wait....

Edited by aztek

No problem, in 100 years when everyone can afford to have a trip to the space with spaceships, this species will eventually die. Natural selection ftw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingAngel said:

No problem, in 100 years when everyone can afford to have a trip to the space with spaceships, this species will eventually die. Natural selection ftw

tenor.gif

19 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

They can't see the curvature, NASA is a bunch of liars, The Bible says so, etc.

Some of them have gone completely idiotic denying anything they can't see or understand, such as microbes, nuclear weapons, one even claimed lava isn't real.

Wait wait wait, there are people who don't believe in science because they 1) don't understand it, 2) have an agenda that opposes it, or 3) choose to ignore overwhelming, verifiable evidence? If that was true, these people could actually do a great deal of harm. Scary.

19 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

Wait wait wait, there are people who don't believe in science because they 1) don't understand it, 2) have an agenda that opposes it, or 3) choose to ignore overwhelming, verifiable evidence? If that was true, these people could actually do a great deal of harm. Scary.

All 3. If you see their videos they reject gravity, use Bible quotes, and dismiss evidence for being lies and CGI.

Many of them live in the northern hemisphere and have no clue about Antarctica, repeating the nonsense that it's off limits. There is a time lapsed video on youtube showing the Antarctic midnight sun; the comments were full of flat earthers calling it fake, saying it was CGI or even a recording of the Arctic midnight sun.

Flat earthers are a testament to human stupidity.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

All 3. If you see their videos they reject gravity, use Bible quotes, and dismiss evidence for being lies and CGI.

Many of them live in the northern hemisphere and have no clue about Antarctica, repeating the nonsense that it's off limits. There is a time lapsed video on youtube showing the Antarctic midnight sun; the comments were full of flat earthers calling it fake, saying it was CGI or even a recording of the Arctic midnight sun.

Flat earthers are a testament to human stupidity.

TBH - as far as science deniers go, I think flat-earthers are probably the most harmless because it's just so ridiculous it's amusing. But all joking aside, there are real issues facing humanity that are being shouted down because an inch of doubt is given the same weight as miles of proof. People don't have to prove their position any more, they just have to cast doubt on yours. We learned nothing from the cigarette companies in the 60's and 70's. My own parents once told me they weren't convinced smoking was really bad for you. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 8:16 AM, Rolci said:

don't forget aliens denial. Same as with flat earthers, who will offer an "explanation" every time a new type of evidence suggests three dimensional structure, alien deniers will come up with "explanations" just the same, be it weather balloons or swamp gas. They are as ridiculous as flat earthers' explanations. However, internal integrity can be found in both cases, except some areal phenomena cannot be explained by swamp gas and rising Venus. While the flat earth theory is entirely self-consistent. What you cannot put down to illusion you put down to conspiracy.

You have evidence of a three dimensional structure?  Wow!   

The bottom line here? Human intelligence has an INFINITE capacity to explain and explain away and always find new "explanations". You can be personally be abducted and travel in space to a populated planet and be aware of the whole event, come back, and if you have videos of everything it will be put down to aliens being secret genetic experiments by the government, the spacecraft will be a black military project, the planet will be a simulation like in a holodeck. Bla bla bla. No aliens, no 3D earth.

It also has an "infinite capacity" to make up silly explanations for common items they misidentified, what of it?

Bottom of the bottom line then? You can believe anything you want. Everyone in the Disclosure Project and the Citizen Hearing is lying too. ;)

Some are liars and charlatans but most are simply credulous and ignorant people fooled by the liars and charlatans.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Some are liars and charlatans but most are simply credulous and ignorant people fooled by the liars and charlatans.  

I would add too, the group that is well aware the earth isn't flat but would attend a conference like that to push a personal counter-culture agenda...or to just have a good laugh.

• Like 2

Any Phlat Earthlings want to introduce me to your ways..? Is there a leader..? Can I be the leader..? I been looking for a new hobbie.. I'm feeling called to this.. How do I get in..? Can my bud Dave come..? Hes cool.. alcoholic and a hobo but still cool.

Edited by Scrunchkruckets
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scrunchkruckets said:

Any Phlat Earthlings want to introduce me to your ways..? Is there a leader..? Can I be the leader..? I been looking for a new hobbie.. I'm feeling called to this.. How do I get in..? Can my bud Dave come..? Hes cool.. alcoholic and a hobo but still cool.

You can come, but Dave was banned for life...he knows what he did.

• Like 1

don't forget aliens denial. Same as with flat earthers,

Not even close to the same.   Flat Earthers are denying rock solid proof that the Earth is round.    Alien deniers don't have any rock solid proof to deny.   By the way, you should label us as alien visitation deniers.  Most people think there is life out there. 

• Like 1