Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dyatlov Pass

LucidElement

• An argument, possibly related to a romantic encounter that left some of them only partially clothed, led to a violent dispute.
About this, Eichar states that it is "highly implausible. By all indications, the group was largely harmonious and sexual tension was confined to platonic flirtation and crushes. There were no drugs present and the only alcohol was a small flask of medicinal alcohol, found intact at the scene. The group had even sworn off cigarettes for the expedition." Furthermore, a fight could not have left the massive injuries that one body had suffered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

I`m sill sticking to my theory it could have been a big fight in the tent, that collapsed the tent  :unsure:

Dyatlov and Vladimirovich going back to the tent , both had bruises in the metacarpophalangeal joints on both hands, which is common in hand-to-hand combat. Dyatlov was missing a tooth. He had bloody lips, while Vladimirovich had blood coming from his nose.

Edited by docyabut2

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:
  • An argument, possibly related to a romantic encounter that left some of them only partially clothed, led to a violent dispute.
About this, Eichar states that it is "highly implausible. By all indications, the group was largely harmonious and sexual tension was confined to platonic flirtation and crushes. There were no drugs present and the only alcohol was a small flask of medicinal alcohol, found intact at the scene. The group had even sworn off cigarettes for the expedition." Furthermore, a fight could not have left the massive injuries that one body had suffered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

I`m sill sticking to my theory it could have been a big fight in the tent, that collapsed the tent  :unsure:

Dyatlov and Vladimirovich going back to the tent , both had bruises in the metacarpophalangeal joints on both hands, which is common in hand-to-hand combat. Dyatlov was missing a tooth. He had bloody lips, while Vladimirovich had blood coming from his nose.

i dont like it haha... doesn't explain why they would leave their clothes behind. Also, the footprints showed a calm manner , if they were fighting they would be dancing around the snow , ya know?

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, LucidElement said:

i dont like it haha... doesn't explain why they would leave their clothes behind. Also, the footprints showed a calm manner , if they were fighting they would be dancing around the snow , ya know?

Wasn't some footprints on top of footprints?  meaning some left and others followed?

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Link removed due to graphic content

On 6/26/2019 at 10:41 AM, docyabut2 said:

You would work as an investigator and we would have so many mystical cases ..

You would sleep peacefully at night and people  here would break their heads what and how..

• Like 1

The disadvantage of all those theories that I expressed is that there is no mention of a rocket falling anywhere, no one has seen it, although the group’s photos show what kind of lights. But all their photos were previously shown by the KGB and again negatives were made to show the public  but important parts were cut out. Also, it is unknown which group from which military unit they were killed and there are several versions of who found them. I think all the same that Dyatlov's group was killed when somebody exceeded their authority without understanding because even if they witnessed something secret, they could take a non-disclosure subscription and not kill the whole group,which led to the death of other people and the attempt to conceal the whole matter, which was overgrown with mystery because of inept concealment and inconsistencies on the pass.

All the same, it can be assumed that the rocket deviated from the course and didn’t go anywhere because the military themselves saw strange balls and asked the authorities to explain these incidents and the authorities assured that they did not represent anything dangerous.
And to tell the public that the rocket had fallen and by mistake they killed all the tourists they could not otherwise a wave of indignation would have gone all over the country. In those times and now a person’s life is worth nothing if it is of national importance and safety.

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1

I find the crush injuries very interesting, and I have seen something very similar to them before. During Operation Desert Storm, I was outside Basara and I stumbled upon the seen of a number of dead Republican Guard soldiers. Now this in itself is not strange, however, what was is the fact that they had been kinda flattened like a pancake.  Around there was a indentation in the ground that matched the injuries to the bodies. It appeared that something had exploded above them causing enough force directly Bennett it to flatten them, when I say flatten that's what I mean. Along with ground out to about 100 meters around them, whatever it was didn't produce any fragmentation. I have no idea what type of weapon could have been used, and I have a great deal of experience with weapons effects. I believe that some kind of weapon was being tested, and it was very effective. To date I have never discovered what happened, and I doubt I ever will.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Coil said:

The disadvantage of all those theories that I expressed is that there is no mention of a rocket falling anywhere, no one has seen it, although the group’s photos show what kind of lights. But all their photos were previously shown by the KGB and again negatives were made to show the public  but important parts were cut out. Also, it is unknown which group from which military unit they were killed and there are several versions of who found them. I think all the same that Dyatlov's group was killed when somebody exceeded their authority without understanding because even if they witnessed something secret, they could take a non-disclosure subscription and not kill the whole group,which led to the death of other people and the attempt to conceal the whole matter, which was overgrown with mystery because of inept concealment and inconsistencies on the pass.

All the same, it can be assumed that the rocket deviated from the course and didn’t go anywhere because the military themselves saw strange balls and asked the authorities to explain these incidents and the authorities assured that they did not represent anything dangerous.
And to tell the public that the rocket had fallen and by mistake they killed all the tourists they could not otherwise a wave of indignation would have gone all over the country. In those times and now a person’s life is worth nothing if it is of national importance and safety.

Right  Coril :)  if there was a rocket or a meter that hit those kids, it would have shown some affects in the snow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, docyabut2 said:

Ok all  ,if  the two groups separated from the two only in their underwear and died ,why did they separate? Was it because they had a big fight in the tent between them that cause more injuries?  That one group fell off that cliff and had more injuries,  and the others going back to the tent had injuries to.

I knew of Dyatlov's knuckle scrapes but I did not know he was missing a tooth and had bloody lips.  Source?? you could not see bloody lips in the photo and this is contrary to what I saw investigators say, who claim that there were NO MARKS on either of those faces to show that scraped knuckles was as a result of hitting each other.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, docyabut2 said:

Also a  report of the falling

They fell in the ravine were they were found. As a fall in the ravine would have created injuries; and they were the only three injured. Dr. Vladimir B.  (a member of the original rescue team) has even said,"“The slope of a ravine had a range of heights from 3 up to 5 m (10 ft or 17 ft) in the general area where the skiers were found. It had an incline or angle of approximately 30 to 40 degrees. The opposite slope of the ravine was flat. The width of the ravine was approximately 40 metres or 130 ft.  It is quite possible that the injuries recorded could have been sustained by a “sudden” fall – 

Well, we went through that already, the area where there were broken bones on those people had no damage to soft tissue. So it is out of the question that the injuries were sustained from a fall onto rocks.  And no offense to Vladimir B., he as a rescuer, not a pathologist.

People claim that the four *fell* into the ravine but that is not provable and is highly unlikely. I think they all jumped. We have to ask ourselves, why did they even go to the edge of that cliff in the *first* place, when they should be going to the tent, in the opposite direction.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:00 PM, docyabut2 said:

Another question, why didn't they stay together to keep that fire camp going on to survive? 

Well, Docyabut2, it is *presumed* that it was because they were going to try to get back to the tent, their only chance at survival

On 6/21/2019 at 5:47 PM, docyabut2 said:

Nothing wrong:) just trying to find out why their tent was collapsed and those kids had to die :( it is a unexplained mystery.

We agree  on all of that! What a mystery and one of the best you could have at UM.

Anyway, when rescuers first found the tent, they broke into it using an ice ax. Was it collapsed??  No way to know, unless they testify. The pictures you see of the tent came after they broke into the tent. My guess is, it was not collapsed until the rescuers took the ice ax to it.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:33 AM, LucidElement said:

What it comes down to for me - among many other things - when they left the tent why didnt they just go back for their clothes and build another tent? That to me is the million dollar questions... They were forced out of the tent for some reason, however, they never went back for their clothing, why? You would think if it the tent was smoking they could wait for the smoke to clear then either remain in the tent or pitch another one. But the fact they evacuated the tent and didnt return is baffling. The entire case is baffling but that segment to me drives me crazy.

of course it's baffling LOL, that's why "Dyatlov's Pass" will always be in here.

But LE, they did *try* to go back to the tent. Hehumm,,  their plans however, were rudely derailed, after about 2 hours of being out in the cold. SO they had about 4 hours still left to live.

yup. it's baffling.

On 6/24/2019 at 1:59 PM, Robotic Jew said:

I once broke 3 ribs falling 3 feet.

ya, and did you land in snow?   Was your head smashed so hard that your skull broke and your brain hemorrhaged?

On 6/24/2019 at 2:33 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

They were hit with force similar to being hit by a vehicle,

Yes, to be specific, 50 miles per hour vehicle, so said the pathologist.  :w00t:  And he was referring to the internal injuries of those four skiers, not just their broken bones. Dubrinina, for example, had so much damage to the left ventricle of here heart, it was hemorrhaging. But it wasn't just her, it was all of them, like the guy with the broken skull that killed him and his brain was hemorrhaging. All of them had damage to internal organs.

People do not want to admit it, but physics does NOT support these injuries as being a result of a simple 15 mph fall into snow. They try to *bend* the facts so they can simply blow off the injuries as "they fell".  :blush:

But whatever floats their boat!  I think you and I both know, these injuries were not as a result of the alleged (but never proven)  "fall".  That's spooky

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

ya, and did you land in snow?   Was your head smashed so hard that your skull broke and your brain hemorrhaged?

I've fallen into snow drifts before...they're not as soft as you'd imagine. 

30 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I've fallen into snow drifts before...they're not as soft as you'd imagine. 

• Like 1

We have enough fools too:

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to graphic content

16 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Touche.

But they had no brains, so they were lighter than an average person :D 

4 minutes ago, Coil said:

We have enough fools too:

Oh sweet Jesus... that was horrible. I mean, it can somehow end up well with jumping in a lot of snow, but this... was a suicide.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The cliff wasn't straight down, there properly was a lot of protruding rocks sticking out that they hit.

Scapegoat_Wilderness_Cliffs.JPG

Edited by docyabut2

4 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The cliff wasn't straight down, there properly was a lot of protruding rocks sticking out that they hit.

Scapegoat_Wilderness_Cliffs.JPG

You posted a photo of Mount Thielsen. That's in Oregon. 

We're talking about mild slope in Ural region. That's in Russia. With ravine with max.5 metres elevation difference, not a vertical fall. 

In other words, how about you keep some objectivity here? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You posted a photo of Mount Thielsen. That's in Oregon. 

We're talking about mild slope in Ural region. That's in Russia. With ravine with max.5 metres elevation difference, not a vertical fall. 

In other words, how about you keep some objectivity here? 

th?id=OIP.n6ez4GFnwOsDbufLL-BnUAHaDV&pid

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

th?id=OIP.n6ez4GFnwOsDbufLL-BnUAHaDV&pid

What I`m trying to say I know it was 17ft high. I have ceilings that high.   Protruding rocks they could have been hitting that falling down that ravine ,could have caused the inquires.

Edited by docyabut2

16 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

What I`m trying to say I know it was 17ft high. I have ceilings that high.   Protruding rocks they could have been hitting that falling down that ravine ,could have caused the inquires.

We've been over this. And again. And yet again. And of the umpteenth time, if you think it's realistic that people can roll down a slope and end up with broken ribs/skull, without any broken limbs, and with internal injuries like a bus in full speed has hit them, fine. 

But will you please stop pestering with completely unrealistic suggestions? 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 11:58 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

of course it's baffling LOL, that's why "Dyatlov's Pass" will always be in here.

But LE, they did *try* to go back to the tent. Hehumm,,  their plans however, were rudely derailed, after about 2 hours of being out in the cold. SO they had about 4 hours still left to live.

yup. it's baffling.

Why would they wait 2 hours to go back to the tent? If they leave the tent due to smoke/fire , why didnt they just wait for the smoke to clear for 30min or whatever and just go back in and grab the clothes. Why run all the way down the mountain or what not and then 2 hours later decide to come back up? That in itself is again one of my personal biggest mysteries.