Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dyatlov Pass

LucidElement

Did anybody ever test the tent flap to see if the zipper was stuck (if it had one)? That might explain the cut tent.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, moonman said:

Did anybody ever test the tent flap to see if the zipper was stuck (if it had one)? That might explain the cut tent.

i dont ever remember reading about that - but i was always curious why they all didnt just leave the way they came in.

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

PM Me , thanks . I have been enjoying bringing this topic back up and conversing with you guys. Picking everyones brains to see what they think happened..  Helen, did i put this mystery on your radar? I just remember you watching what i told you to and you found it fascinating. Wasn't sure if you've heard of it before.

One graphic PM sent to you, as you requested :D 

I knew about Dyatlov before, only I just thought: poor hikers, what a damn shame. I never attempted to really think what exactly could have happened. 

For some unexplained :D reason your post caught my attention, then Lemmino's video was charming (regardless I don't think it was smoke) and so I'm hooked now too.    

2 hours ago, LucidElement said:

It for sure is still unexplained. Much more happened out there then sexual misconduct. No one would just run out of a tent knowing the conditions outside without grabbing their clothes. This group was trained for this. They had no problem getting to their destination where they set up camp, something happened that night. Yuri Yudin thought military interference of some sort.

military interference ? There were no more foot prints or a attack on the tent like a bomb, gun shots or anything from the military.   

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 1:23 PM, docyabut2 said:

Hi all, I still think the team got into a big punching personal fighting's that collapsed the tent. There `s no evidence of any other footprints of anyone else or a weather pattern that would have affected them.:unsure:.    

Want to say they quarreled, put up a fight and killed each other?

Two people have eyes torn out and the woman's tongue was cut off / torn out. The members of the expedition would hardly have done this with their friends in a quarrel or because of a woman. Even if they would fight among themselves, then someone would survive and everyone is dead as if no one who was there should say anything.

2 hours ago, Coil said:

Want to say they quarreled, put up a fight and killed each other?

Two people have eyes torn out and the woman's tongue was cut off / torn out. The members of the expedition would hardly have done this with their friends in a quarrel or because of a woman. Even if they would fight among themselves, then someone would survive and everyone is dead as if no one who was there should say anything.

That was from animals eating and injuries from falling off the cliff , but one of the two men found that were heading back to the tent , he had a fractured head, that could have happened in the fight. 

10 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

That was from animals eating and injuries from falling off the cliff , but one of the two men found that were heading back to the tent , he had a fractured head, that could have happened in the fight. 

Head injuries were found in five people (Slobodin, Zolotarev, Dubinina, Kolevatov, Tibo-Brignol)
Krivonishchenko - 2-3 degree burns, skin wounds.

Dubinina - Extensive hemorrhage in the right ventricle of the heart, multiple bilateral rib fracture, profuse internal bleeding in the chest cavity (caused by the influence of great force)

Zolotarev - Multiple fracture of ribs to the right with internal bleeding into the pleural cavity (caused by the influence of a large force)

Tibo-Brignol -Closed chipped fracture in the region of the arch and base of the skull with abundant hemorrhage under the meninges and in the substance of the brain (caused by the influence of great power)

After extracting the organocomplex from the chest and abdominal cavity, a multiple bilateral fracture of the ribs on the right of II, III, IV, U along the mid-clavicular and mid-axillary line was found, on the left a fracture of II, III, IV, U, VI, VIII ribs along the midclavicular line. In places of rib fracture there are spilled hemorrhages in the intercostal muscles.

The same type of damage to the head and chest area(as if someone had jumped with all his strength on her chest and broken ribs) suggests a targeted killing of people and a fight between members of the group is not similar.The quickest way to kill a person is to hit the head.

“... the main mystery of the tragedy remains the exit of the whole group from the tent. The only thing, apart from an ice ax, found outside the tent, a Chinese lantern on its roof, confirms the likelihood of one dressed person going outside, which gave some reason for everyone else to hastily throw the tent. ”

The investigation found that the tent was left suddenly and at the same time by all the tourists, but the retreat from the tent took place in an organized, dense group, there was no indiscriminate and “panic” escape from the tent.

Unlike people who intend to fight each other.

After that, the group began to do the flooring to prepare a temporary place to stay, and it was here that someone interrupted them and some people’s bodies were covered with snow of 3-4 meters in height.

At the Russian forum discussion took 275 pages. At first, the ritual murder version of the Mansi prevailed but they didn’t kill people, only animals, so the Mansi were rejected.

At the moment, the working version is a secret experiment on people followed by the murder of the whole group. Probably Yudin, the 10th member of the expedition who allegedly left it earlier (mentioned on the first page of the topic) was aware of the experiment and was the scammer who was told to leave the place since everyone who was there was sentenced to murder.

Torn out tongue and eyes and stripped bodies explain how to take samples for analysis and hide evidence. Dug out tongue can also be explained as suggesting an attempt to strangle in which the tongue fell between the teeth.It is unlikely that animals will selectively eat the eyes without touching the nose and face of a person.

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, LucidElement said:

It for sure is still unexplained. Much more happened out there then sexual misconduct. No one would just run out of a tent knowing the conditions outside without grabbing their clothes. This group was trained for this. They had no problem getting to their destination where they set up camp, something happened that night. Yuri Yudin thought military interference of some sort.

Well, if the footprints lasted for a fortnight, had they been interfered with by military personnel on foot, that would have been obvious from the tracks.  If the inference is that the Soviet military used some sort of beam weapon on them, I would suggest that was unlikely, given that the Soviets hadn't even mastered the transistor or the microwave by then.

20 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Didn't the tent collapsed, when they cut the tent to get out ?

Their bodies were found far away from each other, that would `nt be just going to the toilet :huh:

As to whether the tent collapsed when they cut their way out, we simply don't have enough information, but the evidence suggests that the tent was still erect when they cut the buttons off the flap.  Why?  Because if the tent had collapsed on them, they would have been far more likely to cut thru the tent proper rather than just the flap buttons.  9 somewhat panicked people in a tent gets pretty chaotic when they are all trying to get out, so the ability to cut the flaps would have been moot.  It is far more likely that they left the tent in good order and placed a torch on top of it so they could see it in the distance.

As to the issue of how far away from each other the bodies were, if they split into 2 groups, one going to take a crap and gather firewood, and the other group just gathering firewood, and they they experience a rapidly advancing dense freezing fog (sometimes called a pogonip), those groups can get a lot more separated than they ever intended as they wander about lost.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Well, if the footprints lasted for a fortnight, had they been interfered with by military personnel on foot, that would have been obvious from the tracks.  If the inference is that the Soviet military used some sort of beam weapon on them, I would suggest that was unlikely, given that the Soviets hadn't even mastered the transistor or the microwave by then.

As to whether the tent collapsed when they cut their way out, we simply don't have enough information, but the evidence suggests that the tent was still erect when they cut the buttons off the flap.  Why?  Because if the tent had collapsed on them, they would have been far more likely to cut thru the tent proper rather than just the flap buttons.  9 somewhat panicked people in a tent gets pretty chaotic when they are all trying to get out, so the ability to cut the flaps would have been moot.  It is far more likely that they left the tent in good order and placed a torch on top of it so they could see it in the distance.

As to the issue of how far away from each other the bodies were, if they split into 2 groups, one going to take a crap and gather firewood, and the other group just gathering firewood, and they they experience a rapidly advancing dense freezing fog (sometimes called a pogonip), those groups can get a lot more separated than they ever intended as they wander about lost.

These were not amateurs, or people who didn't know what Ural winter feels like. Their families wrote letters all the way up to Khrushchev demanding to know what happened, because any usual 'winter explanation' simply makes no sense in Dyatlov's team case. 

Other than that, I like the logical way you think. 

• Like 1

Does someone delete messages? As it is not good without a notice for what.

Spoiler

Here is what Russians say:

-And you think. When crimes are not investigated, it always means only one thing - namely, the crime is committed by the very structure that investigates.
I.e,the case needs to be hushed up.

- The only thing I am sure about is that the 10th tourist did not set up the group, and did not scroll any of their work behind their backs. He left because he received an order from a person whose status was known to him. Otherwise, everything would come out during the analysis and his head would fly first.

- You got the right impression.Kill Dyatlov's group was given at the top.

-And the 10th "tourist" was directly implicated in the murder and had the task of bringing group to the place of the murder and left the crime scene on command.

-It is not the 3-meter, and a 4-meter layer of snow was hidden, that they did not find until spring. Those four, which the fictional bear blew the most.

-Dyatlov's group put up a desperate resistance, they fought almost everything, what kind of "ritual" is there? There were no smoking smokes from the tent, no round-trip down the slope, no Mansi rifles, and these same Mansi should have been at least 15-20 people, and still own hand-to-hand combat techniques.

- And you yourself cannot turn on critical thinking with the help of logic, at least, to explain: how is it that the “rodents” so selectively eat away the eyes and tongue of Dubinina, the eyes of Zolotarev, and the other two corpses do not touch at all ?!

-Speaking the tongue and pinching it between the teeth is one of the signs of neck compression with a loop when hanging (when opening hanged dead bodies, this sign is observed in 44.8%).

-Not only that: After the moment of the attack, the tourists left the tent, thus escaping from a dangerous factor.
And to connect injuries caused by a dangerous factor in the tent and injuries received for example, from the procurement of fuel and the construction of the flooring (after 1.5 hours), too, no one will.

- A lot of questions also cause injuries to the victims: traces of nasal bleeding as in barotrauma, damage to internal organs, numerous bone fractures, and all this in the absence of traces of external influence.

-And for the public, the cause of the death of tourists will be "avalanches", "hurricanes", "Mansi", "criminals" and "bears" with "spies". In general, anything you like, just not what it was.

• Like 1

The Dyatlov Pass incident (Russian: Гибель тургруппы Дятлова) refers to the deaths of nine skiers/hikers in the northern Ural Mountains

5 hours ago, Coil said:

Head injuries were found in five people (Slobodin, Zolotarev, Dubinina, Kolevatov, Tibo-Brignol)
Krivonishchenko - 2-3 degree burns, skin wounds.

Dubinina - Extensive hemorrhage in the right ventricle of the heart, multiple bilateral rib fracture, profuse internal bleeding in the chest cavity (caused by the influence of great force)

Zolotarev - Multiple fracture of ribs to the right with internal bleeding into the pleural cavity (caused by the influence of a large force)

Tibo-Brignol -Closed chipped fracture in the region of the arch and base of the skull with abundant hemorrhage under the meninges and in the substance of the brain (caused by the influence of great power)

After extracting the organocomplex from the chest and abdominal cavity, a multiple bilateral fracture of the ribs on the right of II, III, IV, U along the mid-clavicular and mid-axillary line was found, on the left a fracture of II, III, IV, U, VI, VIII ribs along the midclavicular line. In places of rib fracture there are spilled hemorrhages in the intercostal muscles.

The same type of damage to the head and chest area(as if someone had jumped with all his strength on her chest and broken ribs) suggests a targeted killing of people and a fight between members of the group is not similar.The quickest way to kill a person is to hit the head.

“... the main mystery of the tragedy remains the exit of the whole group from the tent. The only thing, apart from an ice ax, found outside the tent, a Chinese lantern on its roof, confirms the likelihood of one dressed person going outside, which gave some reason for everyone else to hastily throw the tent. ”

The investigation found that the tent was left suddenly and at the same time by all the tourists, but the retreat from the tent took place in an organized, dense group, there was no indiscriminate and “panic” escape from the tent.

Unlike people who intend to fight each other.

After that, the group began to do the flooring to prepare a temporary place to stay, and it was here that someone interrupted them and some people’s bodies were covered with snow of 3-4 meters in height.

At the Russian forum discussion took 275 pages. At first, the ritual murder version of the Mansi prevailed but they didn’t kill people, only animals, so the Mansi were rejected.

At the moment, the working version is a secret experiment on people followed by the murder of the whole group. Probably Yudin, the 10th member of the expedition who allegedly left it earlier (mentioned on the first page of the topic) was aware of the experiment and was the scammer who was told to leave the place since everyone who was there was sentenced to murder.

Torn out tongue and eyes and stripped bodies explain how to take samples for analysis and hide evidence. Dug out tongue can also be explained as suggesting an attempt to strangle in which the tongue fell between the teeth.It is unlikely that animals will selectively eat the eyes without touching the nose and face of a person.

After the group's bodies were discovered, an investigation by Soviet Union authorities determined that six had died from hypothermia while the other three showed signs of physical trauma. One victim had a fractured skull; two others had major chest fractures. Additionally, the body of another team member was missing their tongue and eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

there`s no evidence of any other people that would have  attacked and killed them,  no footprints in the forest they ran into or around their tent . 

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

The Dyatlov Pass incident (Russian: Гибель тургруппы Дятлова) refers to the deaths of nine skiers/hikers in the northern Ural Mountains

After the group's bodies were discovered, an investigation by Soviet Union authorities determined that six had died from hypothermia while the other three showed signs of physical trauma. One victim had a fractured skull; two others had major chest fractures. Additionally, the body of another team member was missing their tongue and eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

there`s no evidence of any other people that would have  attacked and killed them,  no footprints in the forest they ran into or around their tent . 

Well, if you like facts so much, the version about the struggle within the group has not been officially put forward.
If the struggle was then the winner would survive, he would go for the clothes and the police would find him, and no one survived that suggesting that it was not just a struggle.So I don’t want to go back to the version of the struggle within the group and the avalanche.
The reason judging by the injuries was much more impressive and deadly for everyone, and from the outside and not inside the group.
And in a natural way such injuries cannot be inflicted; therefore, someone else was there besides them, since many traces were found near the cedar where the corpses were found.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed graphic images
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

One graphic PM sent to you, as you requested :D 

I knew about Dyatlov before, only I just thought: poor hikers, what a damn shame. I never attempted to really think what exactly could have happened. 

For some unexplained :D reason your post caught my attention, then Lemmino's video was charming (regardless I don't think it was smoke) and so I'm hooked now too.    

ohhhh, didnt know you didnt think it was smoke... i may have missed what you thought it may have been?

6 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

ohhhh, didnt know you didnt think it was smoke... i may have missed what you thought it may have been?

I have absolutely no idea what it could have been. All I know what it certainly was not: avalanches, winds, smoke, Mansi, fights, going to toilet. 

The more I look into it, the more certain I am it's not a riddle that can be solved without more info. And that info is either still locked in the secret archives, either lost. 

Just a reminder for anyone who hasn't read through the whole thread.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:48 PM, Saru said:

Once again - please do not post (or link to sites containing) graphic images.

Final warning for this thread.

This also applies to graphic content posted as hidden content.

1 hour ago, Coil said:

Well, if you like facts so much, the version about the struggle within the group has not been officially put forward.
If the struggle was then the winner would survive, he would go for the clothes and the police would find him, and no one survived that suggesting that it was not just a struggle.So I don’t want to go back to the version of the struggle within the group and the avalanche.
The reason judging by the injuries was much more impressive and deadly for everyone, and from the outside and not inside the group.
And in a natural way such injuries cannot be inflicted; therefore, someone else was there besides them, since many traces were found near the cedar where the corpses were found.

But if someone else was out there wouldnt that go against the evidence that there was only their footprints out there? There were no other footprints from outsiders?

Edited by Still Waters
Removed graphic images from quoted post

Not sure if anyone has seen this site but i was about to post the link but its graphic ... if you go to the Dyaltov pass website you'll see a bunch of information.

Its infromative , the case files, theories, death reports.

Edited by LucidElement
  • Thanks 1

Not put a fork in this topic because im really enjoying it, but there seems to have also been another incident of this same type in America know as the "American Dyaltov Pass"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Gary_Mathias

https://www.ranker.com/list/american-dyatlov-pass-mystery/jacob-shelton

Yes, well, we can refrain from posting any images or links because anyone can find them using key words. 

'scuse me, @docyabut2 but does it looks like a cliff? It's a slope. You could maybe twist an ankle rolling down such slope. And it cannot produce an avalanche that would hit people like a truck.    

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, well, we can refrain from posting any images or links because anyone can find them using key words. 

'scuse me, @docyabut2 but does it looks like a cliff? It's a slope. You could maybe twist an ankle rolling down such slope. And it cannot produce an avalanche that would hit people like a truck.    

I think they were running away from each other in the dark, and ran off that cliff slope , soon hurt could not move and died from  hypothermia

Ok all, my conclusion is something happened in that tent to make it collapsed and why did they all run away separating? When most people would have stay together to start a fire in the woods. Wonder if they had any matches or a fire starter on any of them.      

55 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I think they were running away from each other in the dark, and ran off that cliff slope , soon hurt could not move and died from  hypothermia

I don't think it's a cliff. It's a mild slope. (English is not my first language, as it clearly shows :D but I think I could be right when I say that cliffs are steep, while slope is a surface that gradually goes lower or higher, depending which way you look at it.)

They weren't running away from each other, they were walking side by side as the tracks in the snow show.

The injuries were way too serious for any rolling down the slope. Especially in snow. You can actually jump in the high snow from considerable height and suffer no injuries. Not that there's any height there, the only height was up the cedar tree and one member of the team possibly did broke his skull after falling off said cedar (Siberian pine, that is, but everyone there calls it cedar - just to make it clear in case anyone in nitpicking mood shows up).  

Hypothermia definitely killed the rest, according to the official report. After reading and watching interviews with friends and family of the team I find that official report highly questionable, but the bodies were in fact found frozen.

There's Yuri Yakimov's theory on the dyatlovpass*insert fullstop*com site  - the one Lucid recommended and we can't post the link since it contains photos of dead people... god rest their souls, it's such a damn shame they died and in such brutal manner.

I find Yuri's testimony and theory very intriguing, since they do involve the local lights (and who knows what else) phenomena.  

28 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I don't think it's a cliff. It's a mild slope. (English is not my first language, as it clearly shows :D but I think I could be right when I say that cliffs are steep, while slope is a surface that gradually goes lower or higher, depending which way you look at it.)

They weren't running away from each other, they were walking side by side as the tracks in the snow show.

The injuries were way too serious for any rolling down the slope. Especially in snow. You can actually jump in the high snow from considerable height and suffer no injuries. Not that there's any height there, the only height was up the cedar tree and one member of the team possibly did broke his skull after falling off said cedar (Siberian pine, that is, but everyone there calls it cedar - just to make it clear in case anyone in nitpicking mood shows up).  

Hypothermia definitely killed the rest, according to the official report. After reading and watching interviews with friends and family of the team I find that official report highly questionable, but the bodies were in fact found frozen.

There's Yuri Yakimov's theory on the dyatlovpass*insert fullstop*com site  - the one Lucid recommended and we can't post the link since it contains photos of dead people... god rest their souls, it's such a damn shame they died and in such brutal manner.

I find Yuri's testimony and theory very intriguing, since they do involve the local lights (and who knows what else) phenomena.  

The slope of a ravine had a range of heights from 3 up to 5 m (10 ft or 17 ft) in the general area where the skiers were found.

that was high to fall

9 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The slope of a ravine had a range of heights from 3 up to 5 m (10 ft or 17 ft) in the general area where the skiers were found.

that was high to fall

If there was a fall from a cliff, it would be broken hands, legs, neck, characteristic of falling, and they have other injuries. Five were hit on the head to make unconscious and then they killed everyone and the bodies were left in the cold and those who were hit on the head were hidden under deep snow.

Didn't you see in the photo that everything looks like a violent death .Even the fall version is not considered by investigation because it is untenable.