Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Something" causing 99% bad luck. Help!

newme

Hey folks!

Question: What can come in to your life and be allowed to wreck it years of bad luck? Better question: How can you remove something like that? I need to find out!

Went from being healthy, doing okay in life (all things considered), to slowly but surely having watching health, social life be wrecked. I mean truly demolished.

This "something" started 3 years ago and 3 years later it is still going strong. Only evidence is "bad luck" leaving me in really bad shape, in all areas. 

I just want "it" gone and my life back. Only unless that is a needed in doing so.

Help please? :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, newme said:

Hey folks!

Question: What can come in to your life and be allowed to wreck it years of bad luck? Better question: How can you remove something like that? I need to find out!

Went from being healthy, doing okay in life (all things considered), to slowly but surely having watching health, social life be wrecked. I mean truly demolished.

This "something" started 3 years ago and 3 years later it is still going strong. Only evidence is "bad luck" leaving me in really bad shape, in all areas. 

I just want "it" gone and my life back. Only unless that is a needed in doing so.

I think people might need more specifics to be able to properly look at your situation, but I will say this: "luck" is simply a social construct. It doesn't actually exist. As a lover of poker, what people view as a run of bad luck is simply maths. Variance. Right now you seem to be on a downswing, but hopefully things even out for you.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, newme said:

Hey folks!

First off your mindset creates 'luck' or the illusion of being luck/unlucky. The rest if self-fulfilling actions. You think you're unlucky, act like your unlucky, thus creating a lot of bad luck.

• Like 5

Welcome to UM,

As the others have said, it’s not a luck thing. 

It’s probabibilities of things happening, good or bad, and you can affect those probabilities through what you do. 

As hard as we can try to avoid them, bad things will still happen. You need to try to identify if you are contributing to any of the ‘bad luck’ and be proactive in influencing your life more positively. 

Without any more input from you, that’s about all I can say. 

• Like 4

Being new I didn't want to write a lot and put people off. 

I am happy to provide further details. What details do you need?

I am only interested in positive ways to fix this or have someone help me fix it on my behalf.

I used luck as a basic term, since most would get the gist. 

It feels a whole lot more to it than that a run of a bad luck. Besides, I was "ok" and this period of everything going wrong in the worst possible way or good being blocked for such a long time now is just too odd. It's a one way street.

POV on luck, curses, spells, and whatever else, the cause needs to be stopped, blocked, repelled.

• Like 1

Change how you think. That's the best way to alter things. You're focusing on all the wrong, just acknowledge it, fix it (if possible) and move on. This is coming from UM's resident pessimist. 

• Like 4

the seeds you plant today, are the plants (or the weeds) ...that you will have down the line.... and as you sow, then so shall you reap

Edited by seeder
  • Like 4

To add to the chorus...  Do you not think there's a risk of you blaming the world, when maybe the problem is a little closer to home, eg what you see in the mirror?  Let's face it, if you blame every-thing/-one else, there's no limit to how long you can shift responsibility...

Why not show us a list, but then also tell us about your current circumstances, and also list all the good things that have happened.  For all the bad things, have you actually considered what you could have done differently that would/could have prevented them?  And how did you handle the aftermath?  If it is social interactions that are going wrong, have you considered your choices of friends / events that you go to / forums you hang out at?  Maybe it's time for changes...

Every time I screw up, I try to learn from it, and I love that part!  The day I stop learning, will be the end of my useful life.

Anyway, forget the spells, etc.  You will just add to your ever growing list of things to blame.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, newme said:

Being new I didn't want to write a lot and put people off. 

I am happy to provide further details. What details do you need?

I am only interested in positive ways to fix this or have someone help me fix it on my behalf.

I used luck as a basic term, since most would get the gist. 

It feels a whole lot more to it than that a run of a bad luck. Besides, I was "ok" and this period of everything going wrong in the worst possible way or good being blocked for such a long time now is just too odd. It's a one way street.

POV on luck, curses, spells, and whatever else, the cause needs to be stopped, blocked, repelled.

Give us the whole story with as much detail as you can without it technically becoming a biography. And no walls of text. Lots of new people on here love their walls of text :) 

No matter how bad you feel, I'm pretty sure you're life can't be much worse than mine :D Seriously though, I hope someone here can say something to make you feel a bit better.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Not sure if you're mostly talking about your health is going downhill and therefore affecting other areas in your life? If you think you have chronicle problems and have been going to doctors and still not getting better,  this book might give you a different perspective as why (not the same explanations from the medical communities) ~ Medical Medium by Anthony William. 

If you suspect "something" is with you, this book has a checklist, many case studies and suggestions that may help you to understand ~ The Unquiet Dead - A  Psychologist Treats Spirit Possession by Dr. Edith Fiore

Hope you find a cure.