Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Historical Structures

LucidElement

After watching so many documentaries on ancient history and the unexplained, it always baffles me that countries across the world from each other have the same engineering styles. From Central America to Antarctica to Egypt. Engineers still are baffled by the 200 ton limestone megalithic blocks that were fin structred.

so my question is why and how? How did all these pyramids, all these odd shaped structures pop up all around the world that correlate with each other ? The masonry is beyond amazing. How Is it that in Antarctica , Central America , Egypt all structures show perfect similarities of Pyramids? However , none have any communication with each other. 

Consider that the easiest most enduring structure to build for elevation is a hill. Pyramids in Central America, China, and Egypt were all constructed differently.  What structures in Antarctica?

• Like 4

Well, regarding pyramids, humans learned from nature and worshipped it. Pyramids represent mountains.

I’m sure that others can give much more comprehensive answers, but that’s my basic explanation.

• Like 1

What Antarctica structures?

• Like 6

As others have said the pyramid is a very simple shape and beyond that there's only so many viable types of structures humans can use, so of course you will be seeing a whole lot of repeats around the world.

And no, engineers do not continue to be "baffled" by those limestone bricks, we have a good idea how they were moved and erected and have had so for several decades now. People really tend to underestimate the ingenuity of ancient and prehistoric humans. 

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

What Antarctica structures?

There aren't any. There's just some (very, very) vaguely pyramid shaped mountains that people claim to be structures because Aliens/Hollow Earth/Reptilians

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 4

Convergent evolution. Different groups develop similar solutions to solve similar problems. And there's only so many ways they can do it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LucidElement said:

After watching so many documentaries on ancient history and the unexplained, it always baffles me that countries across the world from each other have the same engineering styles. From Central America to Antarctica to Egypt. Engineers still are baffled by the 200 ton limestone megalithic blocks that were fin structred.

so my question is why and how? How did all these pyramids, all these odd shaped structures pop up all around the world that correlate with each other ? The masonry is beyond amazing. How Is it that in Antarctica , Central America , Egypt all structures show perfect similarities of Pyramids? However , none have any communication with each other. 

Howdy Lucid

The people above have answered most correctly. Only the chronically astonished are astonished by what you are referring to. People are quite clever and that cleverness often displayed itself in stone work inspired by religion and ego-maniacal leaders.

There are lots of real things to astonished by.

• Like 1

The walls of Sacsahuaman kind of boggle my mind. Having carved stone myself I can't imagine how many times each joint was tested to get multiple angles and curves to fit so well. Straight lines are a cakewalk compared to that. Even a softer stone its not that easy to make those joints and there are thousands of them. How did they keep their sense of purpose on what I have to believe was a long term project with very skilled craftsmen? That is a work of art.

The old folk of the world were amazing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LucidElement said:

Furthering my question, how is it that the craftsmanship of these stones either being curved or fitting so tightly together that people can't even run a piece of paper through them are being built thousands of miles away from each other? These civilizations throughout the world are all using the same type of engineering. There are many pictures on the internet that show you pyramids, or wall like structures with curved rocks that are so tightly fit together. How did everyone have the same engineering?  these cultures across the world did  not know about each other, technology was not that advanced especially via communication. Someone from Egypt wasn't talking to somebody in Antarctica and someone in Antarctica  wasn't talking to somebody in South America or Central America.  Yet you see these identical structures being put up that mimmick each other. I will have to post pictures to give you guys a better idea l.

site_0483_0001-1200-630-20080528103637.jpg

download.jpeg

3102.jpg

Edited by LucidElement

Was the Great Wall of China built by the Romans?  Or did the Chinese visit northern Britain 2,000 years ago?

1200px-The_Great_Wall_of_China_at_Jinsha

hwp43.jpg

HSR_NEC_070717Roman_07.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Essan said:

Was the Great Wall of China built by the Romans?  Or did the Chinese visit northern Britain 2,000 years ago?

1200px-The_Great_Wall_of_China_at_Jinsha

hwp43.jpg

HSR_NEC_070717Roman_07.jpg

Excellent example: two similar solutions to the same problem -  keeping barbarians from raiding into your territory. The wall halts the enemy and small forts contest their attempt to cross or disassemble it while larger intermediate forts send reinforcements to deal with any breach.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

How did everyone have the same engineering? 

They didn't they solved the same problem with similar solution.

Someone from Egypt wasn't talking to somebody in Antarctica and someone in Antarctica  wasn't talking to somebody in South America or Central America.  Yet you see these identical structures being put up that mimmick each other. I will have to post pictures to give you guys a better idea l.

No pyramids in Antarctic, pretending they are there isn't actually going to work.

They were not exactly the same. Mayan Pyramids were flat topped built by piling up stones, often by remarking the same temple over and over again, they also used a different plan with temples being at the top of them while AE built pointy topped pyramids. They were also built thousands of years after the AE stopped building pyramids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

They didn't they solved the same problem with similar solution.

No pyramids in Antarctic, pretending they are there isn't actually going to work.

They were not exactly the same. Mayan Pyramids were flat topped built by piling up stones, often by remarking the same temple over and over again, they also used a different plan with temples being at the top of them while AE built pointy topped pyramids. They were also built thousands of years after the AE stopped building pyramids.

I am talking about the stone masonry in places like the poster above me mentioned "sacsayhuman" where the stone is bent and shaped perfectly. The spaces between them are virtually mom existent. Looks as though custom pieces  of stone were made to fit perfectly among other stones surrounding it. That kind of masonry is seen thousands of miles apart and supposedly built by civilizations that has no communication with each other . How can that be explained ?

That kind of masonry is still hard or impossible to pill of with today's technology. It implies that seperate civilizations had the same direction/blue prints when building these amazing structures. 

Saying seperate civilizations discovered how to do this around the same time and also decided to do this random and seperate from each other doesn't make sense . 

1 hour ago, BorizBadinov said:

The walls of Sacsahuaman kind of boggle my mind. Having carved stone myself I can't imagine how many times each joint was tested to get multiple angles and curves to fit so well. Straight lines are a cakewalk compared to that. Even a softer stone its not that easy to make those joints and there are thousands of them. How did they keep their sense of purpose on what I have to believe was a long term project with very skilled craftsmen? That is a work of art.

The old folk of the world were amazing.

Having smacked rocks with blunt objects for a career, I am wondering why you feel sacsayhuaman is more difficult than straight courses. A straight stick with a cord knotted around it would limit test fits as dimensions could be quickly assessed, transferred, and marked.

I am in no way diminishing their accomplishments of a very stable dry laid wall which I personally find more aesthetically pleasing than the straight course block style. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Saying seperate civilizations discovered how to do this around the same time and also decided to do this random and seperate from each other doesn't make sense . 

Give or take a few thousand years ;) 

Meanwhile a different times, different people in different parts of the world have all invented the bow and arrow and alcoholic drinks.  And bowls..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Having smacked rocks with blunt objects for a career, I am wondering why you feel sacsayhuaman is more difficult than straight courses. A straight stick with a cord knotted around it would limit test fits as dimensions could be quickly assessed, transferred, and marked.

I am in no way diminishing their accomplishments of a very stable dry laid wall which I personally find more aesthetically pleasing than the straight course block style. 

VRBFQMs.jpg

Jarocal is the image above the correct one for Sacsayhuaman or is it an image from a different wall? (a small one in Cuzco perhaps?_

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

It implies that seperate civilizations had the same direction/blue prints when building these amazing structures. 

No blueprints; eye sight and expertise the same way is still done to day. The first blue prints came into existence in the mid 19th century.

Over a period of thousands of years, people had a tendency to create the same or similar solution as they faced the same problems of physics and had rocks that exhibited the same characteristics.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Essan said:

Give or take a few thousand years ;) 

Meanwhile a different times, different people in different parts of the world have all invented the bow and arrow and alcoholic drinks.  And bowls..

Ceramics, animals traps are also remarkably the same too, stone tools like awls and scraper, or grain crusher all look remarkably alike - same for fish hooks and sewing needles. Global civilization or clever people?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LucidElement said:

1zy0th.jpg

8 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

I am talking about the stone masonry in places like the poster above me mentioned "sacsayhuman" where the stone is bent and shaped perfectly. The spaces between them are virtually mom existent. Looks as though custom pieces  of stone were made to fit perfectly among other stones surrounding it. That kind of masonry is seen thousands of miles apart and supposedly built by civilizations that has no communication with each other . How can that be explained ?

That kind of masonry is still hard or impossible to pill of with today's technology. It implies that seperate civilizations had the same direction/blue prints when building these amazing structures. 

You only have to "perfectly fit" outer edges that show. Faces which will never be seen do not even require the tool marks removed. As you start each course you pick blocks that best suit the available holes, mark the required edges to fit those holes, superficially dress the remaining edges to allow easier fitment on the next course and have workers start roughing the shapes with pounders. Multiple blocks can be worked and placed simultaneously.

This type of masonry is "hard" or difficult today because it is labor intensive compared to quarry machinery cutting rectangular blocks. When the shaping is done by hand for any block used as was the case for Sacsayhuaman then it becomes no more difficult than straight blocks.

Seperate civilizations did not utilize this method around the same time. Millennia seperate the construction of the Egyptian temples similar to the style at Sacsayhuaman and the construction of that wall.

There are only so many ways to satisfactorily construct a stone wall. There were probably a myriad of failures before each culture developed their skill to the point they did, but little to no evidence would remain as the stone would have been utilized in other construction projects. Even foundations may be difficult to discern as the failed structure may have been rebuilt with a better technique.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

VRBFQMs.jpg

Jarocal is the image above the correct one for Sacsayhuaman or is it an image from a different wall? (a small one in Cuzco perhaps?_

That is most likely the small wall in Cuzco. I'll poke around academia edu for diagramming of Sacsayhuaman. I know mayor has one but many people don't want to deal woth the pay wall. There is a cross section diagram in Ken Wright's paper on water management at Machu Picchu for anyone wondering about those walls. Parts pf Sacsayhuaman would match the diagram you posted but portions of it are intentionally exposed in two or three sides requiring a bit more fitment than most of the blocks.

Choquequiaro is a Machu Picchu'esque complex with interesting masonry walls even though they are not megalithic.

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking translations are from the natural language
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

The automobile was being built/created by several people at the same time in different locations geographically and communication is not what it is today. certain types of thinkers come to the same place to solve creative problems independently. Pretty much how people decided that cooking a bird for supper was a good idea or eating the eggs, stomach growls sees a bird, knows how to make fire and presto problem solved.

jmccr8

Lucid, a person would have little sensibility if he or she was not impressed by these many ancient structures you mentioned.  We can be awed and proud of our human ancestors' accomplishments.  What makes it even more wonderful is that like us, they are just men; not gods, not advanced extraterrestrials, just sweaty men and women with bad teeth and dirt under their fingernails and probably hungry to boot.

Kind of hurts my feelings that you did not mention those more recent examples of pyramids in the Mississippian sphere of influence, some people call the Mound builders.    Do you disparage them because they were made of soil and not stone?  Think about the human organizational skills required to build such a mound with a basket full of soil at a time.  And did you know there  is technology in them?  Deliberately applied layers of clay as the mound was being built keep water from softening the mound and direct rain runnoff away from the core.  They were the largest man made structures in North America for well over a thousand years. 

A question for you is: did they use these structures for similar reasons?  That would tell us something about humanity.  You are amazed by the stonework in a cathedral without asking what underlying functions it serves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

You are amazed by the stonework in a cathedral without asking what underlying functions it serves.

Or a fortress or royal precinct in the case of Sachsayhuaman, which on checking was actually built after the Mississippian mounds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

The automobile was being built/created by several people at the same time in different locations geographically and communication is not what it is today. certain types of thinkers come to the same place to solve creative problems independently. Pretty much how people decided that cooking a bird for supper was a good idea or eating the eggs, stomach growls sees a bird, knows how to make fire and presto problem solved.

jmccr8

The same occurred in the early history of flight a number of people all over the world were working to obtained powered flight. Remarkably some came up with exactly the same ideas for ways to control the aircraft, to build it etc.

To add

Most concentrated on getting into the air. The Wright brothers were the exception they concentrated on control and once they got airborne they could actually fly instead of making uncontrollable hops as the others did.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1