Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Android 'citizen' Sophia wants to have children

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Android 'citizen' Sophia wants to have children

I wonder if she is going for an upload or a download ...

~

• Like 2

I have to wonder whether Sophia�s comments and questions were pre programmed and not self generated. Anyone have any more info on this?

• Like 4

Audrey Hepburn? I thought she looked a lot like Britney Spears after she went crazy and shaved her head...

70216f1_spears_b_b-gr_52003421-300x300.jsophia.jpg

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 5

So it's finally arrived: the age when we finally have real-life Krytens.

Robots like this were once just the preserve of sci-fi. Now we finally have them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

I have to wonder whether Sophia�s comments and questions were pre programmed and not self generated. Anyone have any more info on this?

Sophia is a humanoid robot developed by Hong Kong-based company Hanson Robotics. It has been designed to respond to questions, and has been interviewed around the world. In October 2017, the robot became a Saudi Arabian citizen, the first robot to receive citizenship of any country.

Sophia is conceptually similar to the computer program ELIZA, which was one of the first attempts at simulating a human conversation.[7] The software has been programmed to give pre-written responses to specific questions or phrases, like a chatbot. These responses are used to create the illusion that the robot is able to understand conversation, including stock answers to questions like "Is the door open or shut?"[8] The information is shared in a cloud network which allows input and responses to be analysed with blockchain technology.[9] The robot's range of facial expressions are facilitated by its artificial "frubber" skin, which is mechanically manipulated.[10

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(robot)

• Like 3

First the robots are going to want families, and then..... ? Protect their families, of course!! Which means??? Eliminating threats.... meaning humans.

Robot Identity Politics is probably how the cylons got started.

evolution-of-a-cylon-battlestar-galactic

I've seen videos with that robot and other robots from Hanson Robotics numerous times during several years. They seem very impressive but I never manage to figure out how much that is scripted and how much is improvised. I guess that it is all scripted, otherwise I guess that they would already have a huge sales success with their robots. We would have robots all around us acting very similar to humans if they had really gotten as far as shown in the videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess I'll take one for the team to fulfill her dream. It might be weird with all the people standing around working the servos.

Which one was the robot?