Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden: Dont refer to God as a 'he'

seeder

1 hour ago, Area201 said:

Last Man on Earth had an episode recently about use of "guys" for a group of any people. Ya'll more accurate slang used in the South U.S. that eliminates this problem, 

But, isn't the use of the male pronoun in all these cases to refer to everyone generally not point back at society and culture being patriarchal? 

Woman are expected to be one of the "guys", but Men would never put up with being one of the "gals". ????

It may seem a step forward toward unisex language, but really it is just lumping the females into the same group as the men, and calling them all men (basically).

• Like 1

I say see God in whatever way you see fit. If it discomfits somebody else, that's their problem.

• Like 2

First, I'm getting really sick of pronouns...I think there are currently about 17 of them kicking around. From now on I refer to everyone as "it".

Second, perhaps creating mankind in God's image has more to do with us internally (the ability to know right from wrong) than our physical appearance.

Third, (please refer to my first point) God has no need for gender as "it" has no need for biological reproduction.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

From your lips to God's ears.

No amount of prayer can fix this mess. People need to put their foot down and say, "No more!" and be done with it. Quit giving in to every crybaby. Its like that "offensive" reindeer in another thread. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

If you want to call me paranoid that's fine, but I sometimes think all of this crap that's going on, is just a large scale social engineering experiment.

• Like 1

Well, we were just talking about God...

I personally don't advocate (at all) for the pronoun nonsense, nor do I think the constant calls for 'safe spaces' due to 'triggering' is at all reasonable either. Time to just grow up, follow the rule of law and stop with the behaviors of silly adolescent rebellion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you want to call me paranoid that's fine, but I sometimes think all of this crap that's going on, is just a large scale social engineering experiment.

I think it's just a push for the far left's political agenda.

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

I think it's just a push for the far left's political agenda.

It infects everything like a thought-virus. Whatever happen to "live and let live"?

• Like 1

Maybe people should look at this clarification from the Church of Sweden:

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/svenska_kyrkan/pressreleases/fake-news-in-the-media-about-the-church-of-swedens-new-worship-book-2298124

Its allways a good idea to have the facts when discussing something.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

It infects everything like a thought-virus. Whatever happen to "live and let live"?

If your ideas differ from the extreme far left you can't be allowed to speak out freely or even tolerated to be in their 'space'. If you think differently you're nothing more than a racist/bigot/sexist/Nazi after all. Keep in mind, the extreme far right has similar ideas, they just aren't (currently) in control of as much socially/politically.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe people should look at this clarification from the Church of Sweden:

https://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/svenska_kyrkan/pressreleases/fake-news-in-the-media-about-the-church-of-swedens-new-worship-book-2298124

Its allways a good idea to have the facts when discussing something.

Thread solved. :tu:

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

No amount of prayer can fix this mess. People need to put their foot down and say, "No more!" and be done with it. Quit giving in to every crybaby. Its like that "offensive" reindeer in another thread. 

You trigger me sir...... :lol:

EDIT: Can one be "triggered" into happiness, or only into negative emotions? Hummmmmm..... 

thinking-face.png

Edited by DieChecker

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You know. I actually wish Jesus would return. Maybe it would shut people up. You know all those evil sinners and soulless pagans. Plus it would just shut up a lot of religions as well. Oh, look the christians got it right. Well ****....

Maybe just maybe instead of looking at Jesus's return as some grand external event, look it as something internal. Maybe your savior will come to you when you die (thus returning).

If we look at the Old Testament God, then the New Testament God, we can see in which direction this is going.

Nothing stays the same, except THAT, but in a dualistic world, everything changes and so I see the Second Coming so to speak, will be much, much greater and fantastic than before.

A real dissemination of power via a love connection with God, for anyone willing to try! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Where is the letting live of the Church that wants to be more inclusive...and hasn't even done what people are claiming? 

Is it really anyone's business who doesn't actually belong to that church?

How is it an apatheist's business? 

You're not supposed to care about these things.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Where is the letting live of the Church that wants to be more inclusive...and hasn't even done what people are claiming? 

Is it really anyone's business who doesn't actually belong to that church?

How is it an apatheist's business? 

You're not supposed to care about these things.

I will direct you to post #34.

5 hours ago, Black Monk said:

God made Jesus in His image - and Jesus was male.

There probably never even was an historical Jesus. 

That said, simple people probably related better to a he or she than an it.

They certainly related better to a creation story...some still do.

If the message people are getting is not the Golden Rule, then they're reading it wrong, regardless.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I will direct you to post #34.

Why are you concerned with God's gender, all of a sudden?

It seems like you try to say you don't care about deity, but the idea that it could be devoid of gender angers you.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Why are you concerned with God's gender, all of a sudden?

It seems like you try to say you don't care about deity, but the idea that it could be devoid of gender angers you.

The thing about all this that actually bothers me is how far this gender identity virus is spreading. That's my issue. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

The thing about all this that actually bothers me is how far this gender identity virus is spreading. That's my issue. 

But you're ignoring the fact that they're trying to be true to their own OT, which mentions male, female...and plural.

Elohim is plural. The Holy Spirit is referred to as female. 

This isn't about modern-day PC at all. 

And it was one reference among many that was changed. 

The way the title makes it out, all of Sweden suddenly banned calling God a he. That's outrageously untrue.

And instead of actually trying to see what happened, you just jumped on the bandwagon, because gender-neutral stuff makes you angry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

But you're ignoring the fact that they're trying to be true to their own OT, which mentions male, female...and plural.

Elohim is plural. The Holy Spirit is referred to as female. 

This isn't about modern-day PC at all. 

And it was one reference among many that was changed. 

The way the title makes it out, all of Sweden suddenly banned calling God a he. That's outrageously untrue.

And instead of actually trying to see what happened, you just jumped on the bandwagon, because gender-neutral stuff makes you angry.

And? You got any more grand insight into things O'wise one? 

Just now, XenoFish said:

And? You got any more grand insight into things O'wise one? 

Yeah.

I liked you better as an apatheist.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lilly said:

First, I'm getting really sick of pronouns...I think there are currently about 17 of them kicking around. From now on I refer to everyone as "it".

Second, perhaps creating mankind in God's image has more to do with us internally (the ability to know right from wrong) than our physical appearance.

Third, (please refer to my first point) God has no need for gender as "it" has no need for biological reproduction.

I tend to address god when writing about it  as " it" because it is not human and thus would not have human genders.

However, I am not so sure that god is incapable  of biological reproduction.  The being we think of as god might even actually be  one or more of  a race or species of entities.

What is your philosophical/theological reasoning for such a belief ?