Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden: Dont refer to God as a 'he'

seeder

Just now, Michelle said:

:lol:

So the answer is to force them to speak a different language entirely? Won't happen. They don't even enforce the native languages in schools. They provide bilingual teachers.

Maybe I missed something...

That's the thing isn't it ?

Maybe there is some logic in learning the religion in the original language it was set up with ... translations usually messes up more than not of the already messed up message due to the long historical pits and falls ...

~

~

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Podo said:

So the Christians of this one part of the world have decided to refer to their imaginary friend as an "it" instead of a "he." Cool. How does this affect anything at all, again?

They refer god has an Intra Terrestrial ? So they kind of like the hollow earth movement ?

Edited by Jon the frog

16 hours ago, Michelle said:

So the answer is to force them to speak a different language entirely? Won't happen. They don't even enforce the native languages in schools. They provide bilingual teachers.

I am from sweden and I didnt know this.

Our father who....ah!

Our it who art in heaven etc etc etc

Amen...ah again!!

A it.

Hmm, so you can not use father and surely amen can not be used either. 

• Like 2

And god looked upon mankind, at all that was done. Then God spoke but one word,"Dafug?"

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

All I know is don't trigger god as I think he or it might be a liberal. 

4 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Didn't know what exactly? That our schools don't make it a huge priority to learn to speak English? 

21 hours ago, Michelle said:

I answered here that I am from sweden and I didnt know that.

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Didn't know what exactly? That our schools don't make it a huge priority to learn to speak English? 

I didnt know that we had bilingual teachers in sweden.
because the topic was about the church in sweden dont refer to god as he right?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Its surprising how many people cares deeply about the Church of Sweden. Didn't know they had so many followers worldwide. :innocent:

22 hours ago, Podo said:

So the Christians of this one part of the world have decided to refer to their imaginary friend as an "it" instead of a "he." Cool. How does this affect anything at all, again?

There is no problem so small that you can't blow it out of proportion. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

What I really don't understand is that you admit this freely. If I was a Swede I would keep it a secret. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

I thought you made it pretty clear what you were talking about.Then again the topic is about Sweden and what would a Swede know about that. :P

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

I was talking more in general, not specific to Sweden. I'm sure you do have bilingual teachers for students from the ME who don't speak Swedish yet. They don't spend all day teaching them the language. You can't teach if you can't communicate.

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Its surprising how many people cares deeply about the Church of Sweden. Didn't know they had so many followers worldwide. :innocent:

No surprise there at all actually as it is common knowledge that swedes has the best interpretation of the bible in christianity,,
And its allowed to bring fika to church on sundays  :D

9 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

What I really don't understand is that you admit this freely. If I was a Swede I would keep it a secret. :ph34r:

Too bad because you might have been the most popular guy in denmark if you had.. 
Everyone would have liked to be seen with you be with you and talk like you..
Wouldnt it just be fantastic to actually have a language were you could speak with people and be sure that they understood what you said.

Naah no more teasing of my danish neighbor time to go to bed.. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 0:13 PM, Farmer77 said:

Christianity is a veiled death cult. They're literally cheering for millions to die in an apocalypse so they can be proven right. 

That's why they're so excited about Trump's Jerusalem pronouncement. That's one step closer to all the infidels dying a painful death for their lack of faith 

Well, if Revelation is true, then there will finally be 1000 years of peace after the big showdown. Then Satan will be released again and things will go to Hell quickly again, leading to the Final Judgement and the New Heaven and New Earth. (Revelation 20)

The rebirth of Israel and the refounding of the Temple are supposedly two major signs of the End Days. However I have not been convinced of this, even though I've read all the scriptures pointing to these as supposed signs. So, I could see some people really getting behind such, even if they really are just going off some shaky interpretations of scripture.

• Like 1