Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Lower Then Us?

Aquila King

We understand that our conscious mind makes up only a tiny fraction of our waking reality. The vast majority of our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, actions, etc. are caused by our subconscious mind. Our subconscious essentially being the total culmination of all our experiences, coupled with spur of the moment impulses. (that's an over-simplification, I know, but you get the drift)

But what if there was an even lower level of consciousness that acts as the culmination of all things in the universe? A 'cosmic consciousness' so to speak. Would this possibly be considered a 'God'?

We usually think of 'God' as being an all-knowing all-powerful entity who holds either the same level if not a higher level of consciousness as our own. In other words, God would be just as conscious as we are right now, if not more so.

But what if that isn't at all the case? What if what we call 'God' is actually far less conscious then we are, and that instead we are the highest level of consciousness in the universe?

Thoughts?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

But what if that isn't at all the case? What if what we call 'God' is actually far less conscious then we are, and that instead we are the highest level of consciousness in the universe?

Thoughts?

This reminds me of Azathoth from the Lovecraft mythos, the sleeping god.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

You really have to open this can of worms don't you...:lol:

It's a perennial favorite here ;)   With few exceptions, it follows a predictable course.  If a person of faith declares without doubt that such ideas aren't in line with their beliefs, their beliefs are ridiculed to one extent or another, then dismissed.  After that, if there's any further interest, the discussion unwinds for multiple pages by looking at "God" from every conceivable secular angle that can be imagined.  Trite, to say the least. 

edit to add - "Trite" from the perspective of a person of faith.  Nothing wrong with the curiosity.

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

It's a perennial favorite here ;)   With few exceptions, it follows a predictable course.  If a person of faith declares without doubt that such ideas aren't in line with their beliefs, their beliefs are ridiculed to one extent or another, then dismissed.  After that, if there's any further interest, the discussion unwinds for multiple pages by looking at "God" from every conceivable secular angle that can be imagined.  Trite, to say the least. 

If god is an idea that motivates you to be a better person. Who cares if its real or not. I don't. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm so glad discussing religion in any other medium other than face to face is a big no-no in my culture.

• Like 3

In general terms, a "human consciousness-centric" Universe is equally as old an idea as that of a "God-head"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

We understand that our conscious mind makes up only a tiny fraction of our waking reality. The vast majority of our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, actions, etc. are caused by our subconscious mind. Our subconscious essentially being the total culmination of all our experiences, coupled with spur of the moment impulses. (that's an over-simplification, I know, but you get the drift)

But what if there was an even lower level of consciousness that acts as the culmination of all things in the universe? A 'cosmic consciousness' so to speak. Would this possibly be considered a 'God'?

We usually think of 'God' as being an all-knowing all-powerful entity who holds either the same level if not a higher level of consciousness as our own. In other words, God would be just as conscious as we are right now, if not more so.

Thoughts?

Ok AK, that's a good one.

This question of yours,

"What if what we call 'God' is actually far less conscious then we are?"

It's actually the other way around Richard. We are the ones that need to decide to do those things that will begin to develop within our souls a state of being superconscious

This is the level of consciousness that we are designed to function in mentally, but it can only develop if an honest desire is chosen to make contact with God.

After this choice, to want to sincerely know God, he always responds, and the result is that you become superconsciously aware of him, and what you should do to activate his will.

This is also known as being God-conscious and is the way to become progressively more and more like him until, by your free will decisions, your will and his will become indistinguishable. One from the other. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Thoughts?

God is far less than even that. God is an mind with no conscious activity going on in it at all. And it is the lack of thoughts all the way up to our endless streams of thinking which is the fall of man. It is what has created our experience and what we see as ourselves.

The difference between God and us is the number of thoughts occurring in what we see as our minds.

May I at this stage recommend you get a book on sufism.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aquila King said:

But what if there was an even lower level of consciousness that acts as the culmination of all things in the universe? A 'cosmic consciousness' so to speak. Would this possibly be considered a 'God'?

Rather than a lower level, I’d call it the foundational level, as in Acts 17:28:   “In Him we live and move and have our being.”

It’s an idea that has some backing in the sciences:

"The startling, totally counterintuitive, yet scientifically proven discoveries of physics reveal that our world, at it's deepest level, is not built of tangible discrete objects. Rather, when we look closely, we find that reality is as gossamer as a thought, that existence is closer to being an association of ideas than a conglomeration of atoms.”  Physicist Gerald Schroeder

“The stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is mind that has composed a physical universe.”  Biologist George Wald

35 minutes ago, simplybill said:

“The stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is mind that has composed a physical universe.”  Biologist George Wald

Lovecraft knew. He knew of the sleeping idiot god, the nuclear chaos, azathoth.

• Like 4

As the Apocalypse of Adam states:

''She taught me a word of knowledge of the eternal God. And we resembled the great eternal angels, for we were higher than the god who had created us and the powers with him, whom we did not know.''

8 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Thoughts?

Watch out .Hubris will bring you down :) 

In my experience the cosmic consciousness is indeed a real and physical entity and presence However to take a step back The subconscious is not an inferior or even a separate  part of the mind/consciousness. It is just different, and uses a difernt (symbolic) form of language Once you can access and interpret this language with your conscious mind,  you can access your subconscious and connect  it  to your conscious, thus unifying your mind into a fully conscious and self aware entity.

I think you might be lumping something else in with "subconscious. " The mind is capable of taking in billions of bits of data a second and processing them as part of its operation. Often t does not send all that processing to our conscious mind  or only does so after we have already begun to respond to the signals. This is not actually our subconscious but caused by the speed with which our mind can work, compared with how fast we can verbalise in our inner language that which we are thinking   (for most peole this is less than  a thousand words per second, and for many, much less than that So our mind doesn't bother sending a lot of data to our linguistic centre but acts on that data immediately 

The subconscious is more like the conscious.

Because it doesn't use words and sentence structure but symbolic imagery, it can work faster than the conscious mind eg at assessing danger, or at problem solving,  but still at only a fraction of the speed of our minds capacity.

The cosmic consciousness is accessible via the HIGHEST level of human consciousness, known as meta cognition, ie an awareness of our thought processes and deliberate control of it.

it may occur after a Person has unified their conscious and subconscious minds and is thus capable of a suitable connection speed to match that of the cosmic consciousness.  Data is tranferred as knowledge and understanding millions of times faster than through normal  communication or thinking, and thus there is this moment tf gnosis or enlightenment when our mind suddenly becomes fully aware.

In fact it is just the mind working at a capacity well above that normally used, and thus matching the speed of thought of the cosmic consciousness.

You can teach your mind to think this fast (or a t least much faster than normal  ) For example think how much detail knowledge and understanding  is compressed into a very short dream, as your mind operates on a difernt level,  unconstrained by the need to match physical responses to mental ones  In a dream you can complete whole action sequences in milli seconds, because you don't have to actually send the messages  to a muscle and have it respond. You by pass all that and use only thoughts, which instantly become reality in your mind.       

8 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Thoughts?

I think that the truth of any given matter is more difficult than most people are willing to admit.

I think that if God exists, he must be higher than me, not lower, on every conceivable level and then some.  

I think that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction; just because it really makes sense. 

I think that Kansas City Chiefs fans are justifiably disappointed.  

I think that tonight's game isn't going to be good, but last night's was excellent.

I think that the older one gets, the less alcohol they should drink; but the more they may find themselves wishing to drink.  

I think that breaking 80 in golf is one of the most challenging sporting goals to accomplish - unless one began at a very young age.

Every living thing dies.

I think one should never take a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night before bed - because that could be a big fail.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I think that the truth of any given matter is more difficult than most people are willing to admit.

I think that if God exists, he must be higher than me, not lower, on every conceivable level and then some.  

I think that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction; just because it really makes sense. 

I think that Kansas City Chiefs fans are justifiably disappointed.  

I think that tonight's game isn't going to be good, but last night's was excellent.

I think that the older one gets, the less alcohol they should drink; but the more they may find themselves wishing to drink.  

I think that breaking 80 in golf is one of the most challenging sporting goals to accomplish - unless one began at a very young age.

Every living thing dies.

I think one should never take a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night before bed - because that could be a big fail.  

I think you think too much. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aquila King said:

We understand that our conscious mind makes up only a tiny fraction of our waking reality. .......................................................................

Thoughts?

By ancient teachings (see for example Hindu Shivaistic philosophy) there is something like evolution and gods are the results of evolution. According this philosophy people who obtain spiritual  forces through mediation can be in next life between higner spiritual beings. For exampel Ocean of stories by Simadeva. Somadeva was Hindu Shivaistic priest and his book shows these views by prose. Similar view was in the ancient mysteries. See Iamblichus: Theurgia......etc

• 3 weeks later...
On 27.11.2017 г. at 7:58 PM, Aquila King said:

Thoughts?

Humans are sinners, God don't have sin. This is completely absurd. To be high level saint/angel you must not have sins. And God is not even this level.

7 hours ago, raketata said:

Humans are sinners, God don't have sin. This is completely absurd. To be high level saint/angel you must not have sins. And God is not even this level.

And you know this how?

• Like 1

Just now, raketata said:

Because he protecting me from sin. Which means he don't have sins.

...Mmkay, kool. Thanks for letting me know where you stand. Not going there.

Moving on...

• Like 2

On 27/11/2017 at 5:58 PM, Aquila King said:

What if what we call 'God' is actually far less conscious then we are, and that instead we are the highest level of consciousness in the universe?

Thoughts?

If "god" is simply an anthropomorphism of "nature" then that is indeed the case :)    That we know of ......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Essan said:

If "god" is simply an anthropomorphism of "nature" then that is indeed the case :)    That we know of ......

The question lies in whether or not there's any sort of inherent consciousness in nature or not. Then it's less anthropomorphism and more a descriptor.

• Like 2