Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Lower Then Us?

Aquila King

On 11/28/2017 at 3:58 AM, Aquila King said:

We understand that our conscious mind makes up only a tiny fraction of our waking reality. The vast majority of our thoughts, feelings, beliefs, actions, etc. are caused by our subconscious mind. Our subconscious essentially being the total culmination of all our experiences, coupled with spur of the moment impulses. (that's an over-simplification, I know, but you get the drift)

But what if there was an even lower level of consciousness that acts as the culmination of all things in the universe? A 'cosmic consciousness' so to speak. Would this possibly be considered a 'God'?

We usually think of 'God' as being an all-knowing all-powerful entity who holds either the same level if not a higher level of consciousness as our own. In other words, God would be just as conscious as we are right now, if not more so.

But what if that isn't at all the case? What if what we call 'God' is actually far less conscious then we are, and that instead we are the highest level of consciousness in the universe?

Thoughts?

I have thought this.  I think "lower than" is probably not the right way to think about it.  I think simpler than is better, at least as far as our perception is concerned.  You can't perceive anything that isn't in your own subjective terms.  What would a super A.I experience?  What does an animal experience?  Why is it that God can touch everything regardless of conscious intellectual states?  Does this speak of some great over arching complex thing or something at the base of all existence?

Interesting thought.

• Like 1