Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sacred Geometry

Aquila King

For those that Don't know, Sacred Geometry is a concept most purported by the New Age movement, but can also be found in the occult and other modern day spiritual circles.

It's kinda difficult for me to explain, as I myself don't fully understand what proponents of it actually suggest. Though based on what I understand thus far, it's essentially an extended branch of Numerology. It supposedly has to do with the fundamental spiritual significance or 'energies' associated with some of the most fundamental shapes and mathematics that shape our physical world.

tumblr_nj7avlhMKM1qg20oho1_500.jpg

Here's an interesting article I found that details exactly what it is and what it suggests:

http://upliftconnect.com/sacred-geometry-enlightenment/

As for me, I can agree that these geometrical shapes do seem to undoubtedly appear in such patterns throughout the physical universe (really there isn't anything to 'agree' or 'disagree' with in regards to that, it's just simply mathematically true). The question of course is whether or not there's any 'spiritual' component to this math or not. I don't personally see it but I don't know.

Thoughts?

• Like 5

Nothing "sacred" or God-given about it.

It's more like math and geometry are "universal truths" which humankind discovered.

We didn't invent them, like religion.

Edit: As for the chart provided, everything after Hexagon is a mere 'spyrograph' in which someone injected their own personal beliefs.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Nothing "sacred" or God-given about it.

It's more like math and geometry are "universal truths" which humankind discovered.

We didn't invent them, like religion.

Yeah, I think that's where they lose me. :mellow: I don't see where the spiritual element fits in. :huh: Seems like just, math, to me...

15 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Edit: As for the chart provided, everything after Hexagon is a mere 'spyrograph' in which someone injected their own personal beliefs.

Yeah, the names are definitely their own. I mean it still fits mathematically (sort of), but again, I don't see the spiritual connection...

• Like 2

Pythagoras and Euclid (among many others) shone the light along a path.

What lies off that path has long since disregarded for good reason.

Stress, "for good reason".

• Like 2

Star of David symbol of Judaism is based on geometry found in the structures of nature. 

"Invented religion" is partly based on these fundamental shapes at core. 

Sacred is relative to observer. In big picture there is only "God". To you it's all bull**** and nothing but math. If someone is "awake" then he sees God everywhere. To those still asleep, the opposite. 

fLjqTED.jpg?1

Edited by Area201
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Area201 said:

Star of David symbol of Judaism is based on geometry found in the structures of nature. 

"Invented religion" is partly based on these fundamental shapes at core. 

Sacred is relative to observer. In big picture there is only "God". To you it's all bull**** and nothing but math. If someone is "awake" then he sees God everywhere. To those still asleep, the opposite. 

Well, that's a Godcentric approach. 'Nothing' but math? Far from it, it was one of mankind's greatest discoveries - a universal truth that is sometimes also found in nature. To attribute that solely to God takes, well, a leap of faith. Nothing more.

• Like 2

I think the 'sacred' bit is because geometry and maths underpins our whole existence and the world we live in --
We are part of nature and nature is part of us - the meaning and sacredness of existence and consciousness is
something that tantalizes us and lies at the roots of all religion and talk of God (dess) - 

Organized religion gets all caught up in  human psychology but the basic living patterns of existence just ''are'' -

Perhaps that's where the sacredness comes in -- the unknowable that defies explanation but can be felt as a
kind of connectedness like geometry connects energy patterns -- 

I was looking for a particular Einstein quote about geometry, and I'm still looking for it but, meanwhile, this one caught my eye -

Einstein intuitive mind quote

http://upliftconnect.com/spiritual-wisdom-of-albert-einstein/

The meaning of life, the universe and everything eh --- what a palaver :D

• Like 3

For me, myself personally ... things kinda breaks down on the sacrosanct front when it comes to this ...

~

What are the three properties of an equilateral triangle?
In geometry, an equilateral triangle is a triangle in which all three sides are equal. In the familiar Euclidean geometry, equilateral triangles are also equiangular; that is, all three internal angles are also congruent to each other and are each 60°.

~

A Reuleaux triangle [ʁœlo] is a shape formed from the intersection of three circular disks, each having its center on the boundary of the other two. Its boundary is a curve of constant width, the simplest and best known such curve other than the circle itself.[1] Constant width means that the separation of every two parallel supporting lines is the same, independent of their orientation. Because all its diameters are the same, the Reuleaux triangle is one answer to the question "Other than a circle, what shape can a manhole cover be made so that it cannot fall down through the hole?"[2]

~

The origins of spherical trigonometry in Greek mathematics and the major developments in Islamic mathematics are discussed fully in History of trigonometry and Mathematics in medieval Islam. The subject came to fruition in Early Modern times with important developments by John Napier, Delambre and others, and attained an essentially complete form by the end of the nineteenth century with the publication of Todhunter's textbook Spherical trigonometry for the use of colleges and Schools. This book is now readily available on the web.[1] The only significant developments since then have been the application of vector methods for the derivation of the theorems and the use of computers to carry through lengthy calculations.

~

THis is a nice and  heavy read ... 286 pages or so ...

~

Mysteries of the Equilateral Triangle - Hikari

www.m-hikari.com/mccartin-2.pdf
by BJ McCartin - ‎2010 - ‎Cited by 13 - ‎Related articles

the equilateral triangle as “mother of all figures” and provided the formula. A ≈ s2 ·3/7 which ... Chapter 2 explores some of the mathematical properties of the equilateral triangle. ...... The three vertices represent the sphere, the circular disk ...

~

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Our brains like patterns and we love to give meaning to things that have no inherent meaning. 

Maybe.

But our spirit led minds are able to not only provide meaning, but give it value.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Maybe.

But our spirit led minds are able to not only provide meaning, but give it value.

So its the emotional value of such things. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So its the emotional value of such things. 

Sometimes it is. 

But it's better to leave the emotion out of it, so that it doesn't interfere with its spiritual value.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Sometimes it is. 

But it's better to leave the emotion out of it, so that it doesn't interfere with its spiritual value.

You meaning the artificial meaning that was giving to what amount to a geometric doodle. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You meaning the artificial meaning that was giving to what amount to a geometric doodle. 

Whatever it means to you Fish.

That will be its value.

• Like 2

1362f97d538cf2b5f28c70dc4013635c--occult

Does this symbol have any inherent power? No. None at all. It only has power equal the meaning you've given it. Especially as a means of influencing the subconscious. There is even a system of magick that revolves around creating meaningful symbols called sigils. A monogram of intent. The sole purpose of these images is to influence or create a change in consciousness.

You should really just stick to your alien book Will.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You should really just stick to your alien book Will.

Well, ok.

What are you going to stick to?

• Like 2

His guns Will ... like any decent old shooter ,,,

~

• Like 5

Just now, XenoFish said:

It is not important for you to know. 

You're such a closed book Fish.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aquila King said:

For those that Don't know, Sacred Geometry is a concept most purported by the New Age movement, but can also be found in the occult and other modern day spiritual circles.

It's kinda difficult for me to explain, as I myself don't fully understand what proponents of it actually suggest. Though based on what I understand thus far, it's essentially an extended branch of Numerology. It supposedly has to do with the fundamental spiritual significance or 'energies' associated with some of the most fundamental shapes and mathematics that shape our physical world.

tumblr_nj7avlhMKM1qg20oho1_500.jpg

Here's an interesting article I found that details exactly what it is and what it suggests:

http://upliftconnect.com/sacred-geometry-enlightenment/

As for me, I can agree that these geometrical shapes do seem to undoubtedly appear in such patterns throughout the physical universe (really there isn't anything to 'agree' or 'disagree' with in regards to that, it's just simply mathematically true). The question of course is whether or not there's any 'spiritual' component to this math or not. I don't personally see it but I don't know.

Thoughts?

Thank you for opening this topic. This is my favourite area of research. I already posted about the subject in my own topic which got closed but will post here again too.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Will Due said:

Sometimes it is. 

This is one of the greatest problems. Emotions cloud the reason, but they are a component of life necessary for growth and learning.

By the way sarcasm vs sarcasm. I've been using it, but not sure it is the best choice anymore.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 3

• The topic was locked