Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sacred Geometry

Aquila King

12 hours ago, Area201 said:

Star of David symbol of Judaism is based on geometry found in the structures of nature. 

"Invented religion" is partly based on these fundamental shapes at core. 

Sacred is relative to observer. In big picture there is only "God". To you it's all bull**** and nothing but math. If someone is "awake" then he sees God everywhere. To those still asleep, the opposite. 

Woah there buddy, you're making a lot of assumptions.

First off, I'm not an atheist, and am not at all against the idea of there being some sort of God. So no, the notion of God is not 'bull****' to me.

Second, where does mathematics (specifically the geometry here) prove God? Mathematics is merely a description of our reality. No one can 'create' math, or 'create' logic, as these universal concepts exist independent of anything anyone or anything (including a God) could ever create. It just simply is. So whether God created everything, or something else did it, these concepts would still exist regardless.

Once again, I fail to see the connection here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

You're such a closed book Fish.

It is also a large book, with a large rainbow spectrum of knowledge, but somehow i intuit that there is little wisdom in it. It doesn't make much difference if it is opened or closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Argon said:

Thank you for opening this topic. This is my favourite area of research. I already posted about the subject in my own topic which got closed but will post here again too.

If you're familiar with this research, then tell me, to what extent is the spiritual significance of this?

I'm not asking as a skeptic, but as a genuine inquirer.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

If you're familiar with this research, then tell me, to what extent is the spiritual significance of this?

I'm not asking as a skeptic, but as a genuine inquirer.

I think the spiritual significance is great. It takes a stanpoint of looking at reality as patterns and concepts of mathematics which is the only language we know of that never fails. It is somewhat akin to research into morphic fields taken by Sheldrake. It is also very closely connected to Plato's theory of Forms (Ideas) and also to Pythagorean mysticism of Numbers. So basically, it represents a twilight zone between natural world and the world of pure Ideas as described by Plato.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

I think the spiritual significance is great. It takes a stanpoint of looking at reality as patterns and concepts of mathematics which is the only language we know of that never fails. It is somewat akin to research into morphic fields taken by Sheldrake. It is also very closely connected to Plato's theory of Forms (Ideas) and also to Pythagorean mysticism of Numbers. So basically, it represents a twilight zone between natural world and the world of pure Ideas as described by Plato.

:mellow: Sorry, I still don't get it.

Sheldrake's morphic fields propose the formation of 'habits' in nature with occasional bursts of creativity, yet those habits exist within the confines alterable variables. Our current 'laws' of physics could be subject to alteration, as many mainstream materialist scientists themselves even admit to within their own multiverse hypotheses. Yet nary a one has suggested that mathematical principles are subject to alteration, and in this sense I happen to agree.

Mathematics is one of, if not the, singular aspect of reality that is in no way subject to alteration. It simply is, as it always has, and always will be.

The realm of ideas hold no sway over it.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

:mellow: Sorry, I still don't get it.

Sheldrake's morphic fields propose the formation of 'habits' in nature with occasional bursts of creativity, yet those habits exist within the confines alterable variables. Our current 'laws' of physics could be subject to alteration, as many mainstream materialist scientists themselves even admit to within their own multiverse hypotheses. Yet nary a one has suggested that mathematical principles are subject to alteration, and in this sense I happen to agree.

Mathematics is one of, if not the, singular aspect of reality that is in no way subject to alteration. It simply is, as it always has, and always will be.

The realm of ideas hold no sway over it.

Why I said "akin"? Take the word morph itself - it means a Form. If you study a bit Platonic theory of Forms i hope you will see a connection. Mathematics just IS. It remains unshaken in the core, we can only discover more of it but not negate any of so far discovered laws. It suggests that it is in itself metaphysical. What was the basic premise of Plato's teaching? To remove thinking from fleeting "panta rei" world of senses to this mathematical perception. To train the mind to look at things from that perspective.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Argon said:

This is one of the greatest problems. Emotions cloud the reason, but they are a component of life necessary for growth and learning.

By the way sarcasm vs sarcasm. I've been using it, but not sure it is the best choice anymore.

I hear ya

• Like 2

On 30/11/2017 at 4:37 PM, Aquila King said:

For those that Don't know, Sacred Geometry is a concept most purported by the New Age movement, but can also be found in the occult and other modern day spiritual circles.

It's kinda difficult for me to explain, as I myself don't fully understand what proponents of it actually suggest. Though based on what I understand thus far, it's essentially an extended branch of Numerology. It supposedly has to do with the fundamental spiritual significance or 'energies' associated with some of the most fundamental shapes and mathematics that shape our physical world.

tumblr_nj7avlhMKM1qg20oho1_500.jpg

Here's an interesting article I found that details exactly what it is and what it suggests:

http://upliftconnect.com/sacred-geometry-enlightenment/

As for me, I can agree that these geometrical shapes do seem to undoubtedly appear in such patterns throughout the physical universe (really there isn't anything to 'agree' or 'disagree' with in regards to that, it's just simply mathematically true). The question of course is whether or not there's any 'spiritual' component to this math or not. I don't personally see it but I don't know.

Thoughts?

TenaKoe EhoaMa. Hold Your Head up to the Sky. We are all Kings and Queens because we wear a Crown on Our Head.. Firstly Mr King, thankyou for this Mind Challenge, by opening this Thread..

I Am Acutely Aware of the Energy World that Surrounds All and Everything,  we all have this Awareness, though some choose not to Use it, through disbelief or densely entrenched in the Material World.. They Simply " know not what they do &  know not what inherent powers lay dormant Within" and that is OK. Their Capacity to comprehend these such "powers " lays at the Core of the Progress in Understandings.. The shapes of the Shapes of sacred geometry, Emit a Energy Frequency of Power conducive to the Shape. Like the,  Energy's humans emit and recieve are 3 dimensional in this Present time, Until you Learn the Duality, with Heart and Nature within, then you Emit and Recieve 5dimensional Energies, This is When the All Knowing comes about and all and everything you have ever wanted to know is answered. Its quite Simple though.. It is Mother Earth, or Nature...

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 2

I suppose that depends on whether or not an individual believes anything is sacred or divine. 

• Like 1

Geometry doesn't prove God.

There are some people who believe that there was a force that created the universe, though, and that it involved geometry. 

The jury is out on whether or not that force actually exists, and if it is "good." 

• Like 1

If it actually was true, then it could explain why geometry and divine names can be such powerful tools. 

That could also be explained by the psyche. 

Maybe it's not either/or, but both at the same time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I suppose that depends on whether or not an individual believes anything is sacred or divine. 

Quite True, however the "Individuals Belief"  does and does not, take away from the Ultimate known truth, that Nature, Sun, Moon and Stars are the Gods we see and partially Know.. They too have a Shape of a circle, Crescent, half moon etc, and stars have their own Unique, separate, Yet Equal shape of Energy... Whether its a belief to an individual or not, There they still are shining in our Faces...

2 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Quite True, however the "Individuals Belief"  does and does not, take away from the Ultimate known truth, that Nature, Sun, Moon and Stars are the Gods we see and partially Know.. They too have a Shape of a circle, Crescent, half moon etc, and stars have their own Unique, separate, Yet Equal shape of Energy... Whether its a belief to an individual or not, There they still are shining in our Faces...

I tend to lean toward the gnostic bent. 

There may have been a force that made all of this, but I'm doubtful that it's good. 

I'm hoping there's more than this mess we're in. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

I tend to lean toward the gnostic bent. 

There may have been a force that made all of this, but I'm doubtful that it's good. 

I'm hoping there's more than this mess we're in. 

Yes Friend there is Absolutely, Positively MORE than This Mess we are All In.. The"Life Essence" that Made All Of This Is Beautiful, Love, Equality, Faiirness, Internal Beauty etc,   However,  it was the Life "Forces" that turned it UGLY.. It starts Within, to each,  Help in Love and Understanding, In the weigh or balance, that we each Express from our Hearts towards a Want of a Better World... towards each other, and within the Lore's of Nature...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Yes Friend there is Absolutely, Positively MORE than This Mess we are All In.. The"Life Essence" that Made All Of This Is Beautiful, Love, Equality, Faiirness, Internal Beauty etc,   However,  it was the Life "Forces" that turned it UGLY.. It starts Within, to each,  Help in Love and Understanding, In the weigh or balance, that we each Express from our Hearts towards a Want of a Better World... towards each other, and within the Lore's of Nature...

If the universe was actually created by a force that isn't good, then we're looking for our paradise someplace it can never be. 

• Like 2

Let's trace this line back a bit further into the mists of forgotten memories ...

~

6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

(King James Bible, Genesis)

~

• Like 1

And as to Gnostic, I am not Familiar with Gnostic teachings, though in my limited knowledge of it, it sounds a Fine Teaching.. Would u please teach me some ? 

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

If the universe was actually created by a force that isn't good, then we're looking for our paradise someplace it can never be. 

It is Within, then from within it will permeate Without... Or Outwards....

Edited by MauriOra

3 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

And as to Gnostic, I am not Familiar with Gnostic teachings, though in my limited knowledge of it, it sounds a Fine Teaching.. Would u please teach me some ? 

Well, the myths are known to be myths, but they're supposed to convey certain messages.

I guess the most meaningful message is that we shouldn't get caught up in the material and forget about our spiritual nature. 

• Like 2

Gnostics view the material world in a sort of Matrix way. As a type of prison full of distractions that are actually designed to get in the way of our spirituality. 

• Like 3

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Well, the myths are known to be myths, but they're supposed to convey certain messages.

I guess the most meaningful message is that we shouldn't get caught up in the material and forget about our spiritual nature. 

Thankyou Teacher xx. I love Myths. My Nativity have Myths too. If these are looked at with a different Set of Eyes, then the Secrets of the CHARM or SPELL is taken off it. A kind of Unveiling of the Essence of Truth, or Knowing.. Peace to You xx Chaos Rose xx

• Like 1

Just now, MauriOra said:

Thankyou Teacher xx. I love Myths. My Nativity have Myths too. If these are looked at with a different Set of Eyes, then the Secrets of the CHARM or SPELL is taken off it. A kind of Unveiling of the Essence of Truth, or Knowing.. Peace to You xx Chaos Rose xx

I'm hardly a teacher of gnosis, but gee...thanks. 

If you're looking for a scholar who has spent most of his life on this, then look up Stephan Hoeller.

There are all kinds of free lectures on youtube from him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Gnostics view the material world in a sort of Matrix way. As a type of prison full of distractions that are actually designed to get in the way of our spirituality. 

And this is Very True.. I feel though that it gets in the way of Our Soul Duality.. Within the Human Experience... xOx..

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I'm hardly a teacher of gnosis, but gee...thanks. 

If you're looking for a scholar who has spent most of his life on this, then look up Stephan Hoeller.

There are all kinds of free lectures on youtube from him. 

You are a Teacher. We all are.. And thankyou for the extra knowledge, through the Book. I will look at this.. Thankyou again C/R...

• Like 1

• The topic was locked