Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sacred Geometry

Aquila King

Just now, MauriOra said:

And this is Very True.. I feel though that it gets in the way of Our Soul Duality.. Within the Human Experience... xOx..

Well, there's the idea that if we're kept in the dark and distracted, then we won't realize our spiritual nature, and it would keep us chained to material existence.

We would be stuck, essentially, in a repeating cycle of rebirth and suffering. 

If that's the way things are, it would be better if we could come to the realization and possibly avoid some of that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

You are a Teacher. We all are.. And thankyou for the extra knowledge, through the Book. I will look at this.. Thankyou again C/R...

You're welcome.

I realize gnosticism isn't everyone's cup o tea, so to speak. 

But I find it interesting, and I thought you might. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

You're welcome.

I realize gnosticism isn't everyone's cup o tea, so to speak. 

But I find it interesting, and I thought you might. 

And yes you are Right... I Do.haha .lol.. Thankyou again kind Sir or Madame..xOx..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, there's the idea that if we're kept in the dark and distracted, then we won't realize our spiritual nature, and it would keep us chained to material existence.

If that's the way things are, it would be better if we could come to the realization and possibly avoid some of that. 

Absolutely. The way out is through " the realisation".. And I truly Feel that Now is the Hour, or Time...

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 1:11 PM, Aquila King said:

Woah there buddy, you're making a lot of assumptions.

First off, I'm not an atheist, and am not at all against the idea of there being some sort of God. So no, the notion of God is not 'bull****' to me.

Second, where does mathematics (specifically the geometry here) prove God? Mathematics is merely a description of our reality. No one can 'create' math, or 'create' logic, as these universal concepts exist independent of anything anyone or anything (including a God) could ever create. It just simply is. So whether God created everything, or something else did it, these concepts would still exist regardless.

Once again, I fail to see the connection here.

Sorry I was actually replying to Likely Guy here! 

Geometry doesn't prove God and I'm making that argument.

"Sacred" and "God" is relative to the observer's frame of mind. I think for those "awake" everything is sacred and see God everywhere. Those asleep the opposite. I was pointing out that some aspects of our major religions have symbols rooted in universal geometry. 

Edited by Area201
  • Like 3

On 03/12/2017 at 2:54 PM, ChaosRose said:

Yes. This is Absolutely True..

• Like 2

On 30/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, XenoFish said:

1362f97d538cf2b5f28c70dc4013635c--occult

Does this symbol have any inherent power? No. None at all. It only has power equal the meaning you've given it. Especially as a means of influencing the subconscious. There is even a system of magick that revolves around creating meaningful symbols called sigils. A monogram of intent. The sole purpose of these images is to influence or create a change in consciousness.

You should really just stick to your alien book Will.

I am interested to know, if you can see your own logical fallacy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scepticus said:

I am interested to know, if you can see your own logical fallacy.

By all means, point it out. 

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

By all means, point it out. 

So that's a no. 

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scepticus said:

So that's a no. 

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

You brought it up so point it out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You brought it up so point it out. 

You want me to point it out? If you can't see the logical fallacy, what's the point? 

Just now, Scepticus said:

You want me to point it out? If you can't see the logical fallacy, what's the point? 

Then what was the point of you responding? If you're not going to actually engage in discussion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then what was the point of you responding? If you're not going to actually engage in discussion. 

I wanted my question answered, which it was. 

I am happy to engage in a constructive discussion. However pointing out your logical fallacy won't be one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scepticus said:

I am happy to engage in a constructive discussion. However pointing out your logical fallacy won't be one. 

So you've got nothing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scepticus said:

Can you see your own logical fallacy above?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So you've got nothing. 

I got more than you know. 

:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Can you see your own logical fallacy above?

No I can't as there is no logical fallacy, in my opinion. 

If you see one, let's engage in a discussion on what a logical fallacy is. However would kindly request you would make a new thread. 

I'mConvinced, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Edited by Scepticus
Add
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Scepticus said:

No I can't as there is no logical fallacy, in my opinion. 

If you see one, let's engage in a discussion on what a logical fallacy is. However would kindly request you would make a new thread. 

I'mConvinced, you are barking up the wrong tree.

I see one but I guess if you can't then there's no point discussing it.  I'm not going to make a new thread as it's pointless discussing things with people that can't see them.  This is also your standpoint correct? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

I see one but I guess if you can't then there's no point discussing it.  I'm not going to make a new thread as it's pointless discussing things with people that can't see them.  This is also your standpoint correct? 

You might see one, but does that make it a logical fallacy? The answer is no. 

Also you are incorrect in your assumption. Any person educated in fallacies should be able to see why you fail to grasp the concept of fallacies. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scepticus said:

You might see one, but does that make it a logical fallacy? The answer is no. 

Also you are incorrect in your assumption. Any person educated in fallacies should be able to see why you fail to grasp the concept of fallacies. 

You might not see one, but does that mean there isn't a logical fallacy there? The answer is no.

Any person educated in fallacies should be able to see the fallacy they missed in their own post. 

9 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

You might not see one, but does that mean there isn't a logical fallacy there? The answer is no.

Any person educated in fallacies should be able to see the fallacy they missed in their own post. 

Do you understand the fallacies you have just committed? 

It's obvious you don't grasp what a logical fallacy is, or any other fallacies for that matter. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scepticus said:

Do you understand the fallacies you have just committed? 

It's obvious you don't grasp what a logical fallacy is, or any other fallacies for that matter. 

Do you? It's obvious to me that you don't.  Either way, I'm done talking to you in this thread as it isn't productive in anyway for anyone.  My parting advice to you would be to say that if you are going to point out people's errors then actually point them out, don't make smug remarks and then claim it isn't worth discussing as it makes you look like a posterior.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Do you? It's obvious to me that you don't.  Either way, I'm done talking to you in this thread as it isn't productive in anyway for anyone.  My parting advice to you would be to say that if you are going to point out people's errors then actually point them out, don't make smug remarks and then claim it isn't worth discussing as it makes you look like a posterior.

i did in fact make the observer aware of the error & if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have posted above. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Scepticus said:

i did in fact make the observer aware of the error & if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't have posted above. 

Whatever helps you sleep at night fella.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked