Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal research

MadAbz

Hello i am currently writing a novel based of paranormal activity and demonic activities involving haunting, possession and possible murder. 

my main question is based of curiosity, does anyone now of any haunting's or theories that involve a demonic presence holding spirits and keeping them from the afterlife/eternal peace as i am trying to tie multiple spirit from different time lines but i was told the spirits do not stay in a haunting state for a long time unless the linked to the environment by a strong tie either physical or emotional and i thought perhaps a demonic entity had the ability to hold a spirit in said place as a means of energy or perceptual torment. my current researcher is trying to get me to use a Ouija board as a means to en power the sprit's but i feel like this is done way to much and i was hoping that maybe there is another mean of witch i could do this, i am also doing my own research as well as asking here

any help welcome 

thank you 

• Like 1

Welcome to UM MadAbz :st

Since it's your own fictional world, of course you can have demons controlling spirits however you like. But I can understand wanting to skip the ouija trope in favor of something else.

Lore-wise... Demons mess more with the living than the dead usually. I suppose stories about hell and purgatory would count as demons holding spirits from eternal peace. Crossroads demons hold contracts on the living, and hold the souls after death. Random stories show up in fiction, like Hellraisers cube or mirrors/oculus being used for control- the movie 13 ghosts has a whole house set up for trapping and holding ghosts, though it was done by a human rather than a demon. Some cultures have soul eaters and collectors, though it can depend on the story what happens to the soul after it's taken. Some of the Asian lore can get pretty weird with their demons and souls- it's been a while since I've looked up names, but I vaguely remember there was one that captured the souls of bad children and another that controlled the dead with it's hair or hair-comb. Some lore has souls being trapped in objects like statues or jars- and I suppose a demon could collect those items. On a stretch, hell rides could be considered soul traps used by demons- they are supposed to be portals or trips into hell, and usually have a bunch of dead people associated with the tale- victims of asylum fires or satanic rituals, that sort of stuff.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MadAbz said:

I am currently writing a novel based of paranormal activity and demonic activities involving haunting, possession and possible murder.

Good luck in your research, but you will find every story have a few things in common:  mans imagination.....tricksters/conmen.....entertainment purposes....naivity.

Check out the ouija board....it was a board game....JUST.... a board game and nothing to do with the occult until....

Following its commercial introduction by businessman Elijah Bond on July 1, 1890,[1] the ouija board was regarded as a parlor game unrelated to the occult until American spiritualist Pearl Curran popularized its use as a divining tool during World War I.[3] Spiritualists believed that the dead were able to contact the living and reportedly used a talking board very similar to a modern ouija board at their camps in Ohio in 1886 to ostensibly enable faster communication with spirits.[4]

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

I would not look to communicate demons on a Ouija board to just write a novel to be just doing it. 

Some people call just a game and others will tell you different! From the things I’ve experienced in my time on earth for the years I’ve been here. There are a few I still can not explain. 

I personally would not go deep into the woods by myself and seriously say out loud and mean It saying i would trade my soul for.... there’s  a possibly you could have a chance visit. 

I would stick with research in books for ideas and believable searchable names and folklore to make a good story. Some of the others here could help you with interesting books with more reference style of names and background than stories. 

Good luck on your project and I hope you do well.

• Like 2

On 01/12/2017 at 8:13 PM, MadAbz said:

Hello i am currently writing a novel based of paranormal activity and demonic activities involving haunting, possession and possible murder. 

my main question is based of curiosity, does anyone now of any haunting's or theories that involve a demonic presence holding spirits and keeping them from the afterlife/eternal peace as i am trying to tie multiple spirit from different time lines but i was told the spirits do not stay in a haunting state for a long time unless the linked to the environment by a strong tie either physical or emotional and i thought perhaps a demonic entity had the ability to hold a spirit in said place as a means of energy or perceptual torment. my current researcher is trying to get me to use a Ouija board as a means to en power the sprit's but i feel like this is done way to much and i was hoping that maybe there is another mean of witch i could do this, i am also doing my own research as well as asking here

any help welcome 

thank you 

Peace to you Friend xx, welcome to UM. . Ghosts can stay anywhere its Residual is, meaning a place in a time that meant something to the Spirit Energy.. To scare or frighten people, needs a certain energy that resonates with the spirit, ie Fear, Anger, Cruelty, pain etc.. Hence haunted homes are such because of the Fear manifested through the home from the Hauntings,.. depending on the intensity, the spirit could just try to be communicating, to make contact, to release untold or unsaid message's, once done, they mostly go home, to evaluate, and then Re Enter Life again.. Like others Have said, The Quija, like other tools for contact, must be done correctly. Do not approach in fear, or anger because like attracts like. Your intent on what your wanting when you use the Quija must be in Good or Pure Essence, so would not recommend using this for what your wanting to know, because its frightening, would you agree? That is most likely what could come through..If that is the thought going In.. It is very important also to Say Goodbye,  people unknowingly bring spirit in, then get frightened and don't send them back.. Having a mind is wonderfill for Imagination.. Therein lies many scenarios for your book.. All the best with your Book..

• Like 1

thank you all for the help and support i will most definitely take in what you have all said, it has defiantly given me some ideas and point of interest thankyou

• Like 1

I don't recall correctly but in the book version of Poltergeist by James Kahn wasn't the preacher some sort of "demon" keeping captive a bunch of ghosts or I'm confused by another story?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Never heard of any such thing.

I have heard various conversations over the years, that I would believe to be demons. You can't really prove that they are demons completely, but by the way they talk, they probably were.

Demons only talk about the pain they are in, or how happy they are to be away from their usual place of prison. They talk about the living, and they want to get inside them. They also try to trick you, and insult you often.

Never heard any talk about any sort of spirit capture, and I have been around a long time, very experienced. 

If that sorta thing does happen they aren't talking about it, or I haven't heard it personally. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a theory based on the bible. It says in the bible that when people die, they either go to heaven or hell. In other words, after we leave this world...God is in control of where we go...If you believe in Jesus, you go to heaven...and if you don't you go to hell because your sins arn't forgiven. And the word of God is true...regardless of what some might believe...God holds himself accountable to his word. 

So, people really don't get to come back here...maybe if we ask God, or maybe for a few minutes...they could come back to tell people they are okay (i've read a couple story's about that)...but other than that..we have no control. 

So my theory is this...If someone has demons...or if someone dies in a violent way, or if someone is murdered...whatever caused that event to happen, stays in that area. The devil is a lair, and a deceiver and a trickster...and he's just flat out evil. I believe that all the haunting stuff is really the devils way of tormenting people.

That's what i believe. I don't think any demon or person could hold someone here.

Also, when people communicate with the dead using ouija boards...or whatever, they bring stuff into the world from the spiritual realm...and once again...God is incontrol of who goes where. The only things that really exist here are angles and demons. So when you are communicating with beings in this realm...its probably going to be demons. Once again they are liers and they are out to kill, steal and destroy.  Want to find out who they really are...contact them and ask them who/what they are in the name of Jesus...because they have to tell who they are in the name of Jesus. 

Thats my two cents. 

Have a blessed day!

-Katy 

8 hours ago, Meeka50 said:

Hello.. I need some help.

Welcome Meeka :st Since your commentary isn't in relation to the OP, if you are seeking help, I suggest you start your on thread or participate in other threads that do have to do with your topic please.

On 12/10/2017 at 7:32 PM, MrBene said:

I don't recall correctly but in the book version of Poltergeist by James Kahn wasn't the preacher some sort of "demon" keeping captive a bunch of ghosts or I'm confused by another story?

No you're right. They made a sequel that had him in it. 

Every now and then I'll watch part of some ridiculous ghost show on TV and they'll say something like this. 

They don't usually call it a demon. They just act like it's a mean ghost.

I'm confused as to whether you want to actually try to use a Ouija board yourself, or if you're just contemplating including it as a plot element. 

In India people are afraid of bhoots, the souls of people who died before their time, typically by tragedy, especially suicide. These ghosts experience great suffering due to their desires remaining intact, but without a physical body to satisfy the desires and a hell-like state of existence they will seek other people's bodies in attempts to fulfill those addictions. This is believed to be the root of so called possessions.