Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jury acquits illegal immigrant

aztek

A San Francisco jury on Thursday acquitted an illegal immigrant charged with killing Kate Steinle, the 32-year-old woman 

Steinle was shot in the back as she and her father strolled along Pier 14 in San Francisco on July 1, 2015. Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, a much-deported illegal immigrant from Mexico who was charged with killing Steinle, had been released from jail, even though federal immigration authorities had sought to detain him.

Trump also wrote that “the jury was not told the killer of Kate was a 7 time felon.”

In fact, judges only admit evidence directly related to whether a defendant committed the particular crime.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement Friday that the verdict “underscores the danger to public safety when our Nation fails to enforce its laws.”

do we need anymore proof of how screwed and corrupt our injustice system is?  btw trump just got reelected. 

i've never seen so many replys to any single topic on pretty much any website that allows comments, tens of thousands, i read about hundred and every single one was outraged. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/12/01/kate-steinle-case-trump-infuriated-as-jury-acquits-illegal-immigrant-charged-in-san-francisco-killing/?utm_term=.cb6115ecd918

Edited by aztek
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

do we need anymore proof how screwd and corrupt our injustice system is?  btw trump just got reelected

I don't know all the details but what I have read have just raised more questions for me. 

Can you tell me why people are so mad about this verdict?  Are you convinced it wasn't an accident ? 

Or is it that people feel he should be punished for a murder he didn't commit due to the fact that he is here illegally? 

• Like 4

Big shocker.

What would one expect from a jury in a sanctuary city?

The outrage is tremendous and we haven't heard the last of this.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I don't know all the details but what I have read have just raised more questions for me. 

Can you tell me why people are so mad about this verdict?  Are you convinced it wasn't an accident ? 

Or is it that people feel he should be punished for a murder he didn't commit due to the fact that he is here illegally? 

Involuntary manslaughter then?

• Like 6

so for Trampa just because someone was repórter deverão times before jeans he hás to be convicted automatically for any crime he is Boeing accused, lets not forget this when in the future and for any reason Trump goes in trial, cause he's been in court before

autocorrect will not turno off

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

do we need anymore proof of how screwed petty and corrupt our injustice Liberal judges are? 

Just read about it this morning and it put a damper on my day. 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

This might answer your question:

Garcia Zarate was not only illegally in the country, he had been deported five times and should have been handed over to immigration authorities months earlier, but San Francisco's "sanctuary policies" allowed him to go free.

Three days before jurors acquitted Garcia Zarate of all but the possession charge, a federal judge in San Francisco permanently blocked Trump's executive order cutting federal funding to cities that did not cooperate with federal immigration authorities.

What a shocker - he had been deported 5 times. Once again, short-sighted Liberal policies designed to spite the President end up getting innocent people hurt or killed. Even the killer's attorney's directly cite TRUMP in their statement. WTF man. Just WTF. What gets people p***ed is that this was 110% preventable. Had the salty, Liberal Judges respected the will of the Trump Administration, Kate would still be alive today. Many innocent people would still be alive today. 

But hey, at least Garcia Zarate had a chance to fulfill his American Dream :) SO WORTH IT!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Involuntary manslaughter then?

Maybe? I honestly don't know. If the guy's story was true and he really did just find the gun sitting there wrapped in a tshirt and it went off as he picked it up ...is that a crime? 

this actually opens a possibility for a lawyer of a hunter who killed  a woman by mistake  to request a judge to drop a case, based on this precedent.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Maybe? I honestly don't know. If the guy's story was true and he really did just find the gun sitting there wrapped in a tshirt and it went off as he picked it up ...is that a crime? 

Testing of an identical pistol showed that "They just don't go off by themselves"

Let's talk about the crime of him (by your own admission) being in the US illegally. He shouldn't have even been on that pier for that "accident" to happen, should he?

• Like 7

Right now my sympathies run deep with the family of the victim. Seeing her father coming out of court just made me cry. He was with her at the time and  I do not believe justice was done. Most public comments are expressing real anger because people are over seeing perps who are put back on the streets because of pc. Seeing a lot of comments about California and their anything flies attitude also.

• Like 7

Hope that feeling of moral superiority was worth it, San Fran. I really do. God bless Sanctuary Cities for showing the rest of us heathens what compassion looks like. Maybe if we had just given him more chances he could have turned his life around...I am positive Garcia Zarate was a victim of the system, turning his life around , about to cure cancer loved America and just wanted to fit in. I know he was deported 5 effing times but hey - 6th time's a charm!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Testing of an identical pistol showed that "They just don't go off by themselves"

Let's talk about the crime of him (by your own admission) being in the US illegally. He shouldn't have even been on that pier for that "accident" to happen, should he?

Deported 5 times and never turned into immigration. They aren't happy about this either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

What a shocker - he had been deported 5 times. 

I understand frustration with that however it has zero to do with whether he actually committed a crime or not. 

5 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

WTF man. Just WTF. What gets people p***ed is that this was 110% preventable. Had the salty, Liberal Judges respected the will of the Trump Administration, Kate would still be alive today. Many innocent people would still be alive today

You're right this was preventable. Yet no one is talking about the fact that Kate would still be alive today if a law enforcement officer hadn't left their weapon unattended. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Oh no you're not wrong there, I just don't think it has any bearing on the case we're discussing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

I understand frustration with that however it has zero to do with whether he actually committed a crime or not. 

You're right this was preventable. Yet no one is talking about the fact that Kate would still be alive today if a law enforcement officer hadn't left their weapon unattended. 

Cart before the horse. No illegal immigrants, no Garcia to take the weapon. If he had a clean record, I would be willing to entertain the idea of innocence. Except, he wasn't innocent.

He was just another criminal border jumper looking for a free ride at our expense.

• Like 5

President responds:

DailyWire

"A disgraceful verdict in the Kate Steinle case! No wonder the people of our Country are so angry with Illegal Immigration," wrote Trump in a series of tweets. "The Kate Steinle killer came back and back over the weakly protected Obama border, always committing crimes and being violent, and yet this info was not used in court. His exoneration is a complete travesty of justice. BUILD THE WALL! ... The jury was not told the killer of Kate was a 7 time felon. The Schumer/Pelosi Democrats are so weak on Crime that they will pay a big price in the 2018 and 2020 Elections."

He's right. He's absolutely right and everyone can see that except the Judges who think they hurting Trump by letting illegals walk.

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

He was just another criminal border jumper looking for a free ride at our expense.

So whether he is actually guilty of murder is irrelevant to the conversation. That's kinda what I was trying to figure out, thanks for clarification. 

• Like 5

Can we get some stats on illegal immigrant contributions? Do they even exist? I am really, really trying to see the benefit of "Sanctuary cities" in an effort to at least see the opposing view point. 

How many illegals are legally employed? How much do they pay in taxes? How much do they take from welfare? How many of them start businesses or contribute to the local economy? How many have driver's licenses?

Somebody please: help me understand WHY there is such a push to allow undocumented people, some with a history of deportation, to live amongst actual citizens? What is the net benefit I am not seeing?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So whether he is actually guilty of murder is irrelevant to the conversation. That's kinda what I was trying to figure out, thanks for clarification. 

100%. He was a criminal by definition for entering the country illegally, so let's find out why he was deported 5 times prior. Deported for being an upstanding citizen? Nah, that can't be it. Deported for paying too many taxes? 

He. Was. A. Criminal! This murder is just icing on a deadly cake.

• Like 4

If the guy wasn't so good at ignoring the laws and thinking he had all these rights, no one would be in the position they are in to begin with. This happened because he illegally came back. Again and again and again and again and again and again. This guy has no idea what he's doing? I'm not buying that. California is full of people like this doing things on a daily basis. 

• Like 3

For all their bankruptcy and complaining. Not to mention all the threats to secede if things don't go their way. They need to stop bellyaching and just gas up and go. Then they'll have the right to be whatever they want to be.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

100%. He was a criminal by definition for entering the country illegally, so let's find out why he was deported 5 times prior. Deported for being an upstanding citizen? Nah, that can't be it. Deported for paying too many taxes? 

Well considering that Obama deported more people than any other president it could have been for a myriad of reasons. 

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

He. Was. A. Criminal! This murder is just icing on a deadly cake.

Wait so being a criminal now equates to being a murder ? Yikes I think I might have gone over my allotted amount of medical marijuana last month, better warn the wife I could be getting all murdery soon. 

Still no comments on how Kate would still be alive if a federal officer hadn't left their gun unattended huh? I think that really speaks to the core of this issue. People aren't actually interested in making sure something like this never happens again, this is classic racial politics. 

• Like 1

There's nothing racial about this. The man was a criminal and a repeat offender. Over and over. I'm not buying his story.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

There's nothing racial about this. The man was a criminal and a repeat offender. Over and over. I'm not buying his story.

We know about this case because Trump made it a campaign issue. Why did Trump make it a campaign issue? Because he ran based on racial politics. Evil Mexicans, evil muslims, evil BLM , evil welfare recipients...........its just politics 101 

• Like 2