Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jury acquits illegal immigrant

aztek

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

We know about this case because Trump made it a campaign issue. Why did Trump make it a campaign issue? Because he ran based on racial politics. Evil Mexicans, evil muslims, evil BLM , evil welfare recipients...........its just politics 101 

Trump is one thing. Most of the population of the US is something altogether different.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well considering that Obama deported more people than any other president it could have been for a myriad of reasons. 

Are there are any positive reasons for deporting?

Wait so being a criminal now equates to being a murder ? 

Does it? Not sure how you made that connection. He was a criminal worthy of deportation before murder.

Still no comments on how Kate would still be alive if a federal officer hadn't left their gun unattended huh? I think that really speaks to the core of this issue. People aren't actually interested in making sure something like this never happens again, this is classic racial politics. 

I can almost see the gears turning in your head as you turn a blind eye to the illegality of Garcia being here. 

"He is a person. He has hopes and dreams like the rest of us. He was just trying to make his way and do the right thing"

...so was Katie Steinle. 

You're waiting on someone to comment on the Officer's gun and I'm waiting on someone to justify illegal immigration. This forum is an open platform with plenty of potential room for posting so let's hear it....let's hear the best case for "Sanctuary Cities" cause I can punch out some really solid reasons against them. Doesn't have to be you, Farmer...post #18 is open to all.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

For all their bankruptcy and complaining. Not to mention all the threats to secede if things don't go their way. They need to stop bellyaching and just gas up and go. Then they'll have the right to be whatever they want to be.

There is a crazy amount of support for a Cal-exit on both sides. C'mon Big Gov: let's start drafting up the paperwork. California is the catalyst for 90% of the reasons people voted for Trump and 99% of what everyone hates about the far Left.

• Like 3

If the gun he had belonged to an officer who carelessly left it laying somewhere, it's no wonder the court just wanted this case to end. The officer should be charged for being negligent. Didn't he or she notice at some point that they didn't have their weapon? That still doesn't excuse the criminal activity of the defendant.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

There is a crazy amount of support for a Cal-exit on both sides. C'mon Big Gov: let's start drafting up the paperwork. California is the catalyst for 90% of the reasons people voted for Trump and 99% of what everyone hates about the far Left.

I know. How many people were leaving during the election and are still here whining. Even they know better than to bite the hand that feeds them. They should be given the right to just leave and be all that they can be.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

let's hear the best case for "Sanctuary Cities" cause I can punch out some really solid reasons against them.

While I'm in no way pro illegal immigration there are some good reasons for a city to become a sanctuary city. 

Money. Local cities are being asked to invest their own funds into enforcing federal law, I see logic in saying no to that 

Safety. Local immigrant populations often refuse to cooperate with police during investigations if they know deportation for them or a loved one is a possibility 

Health. By enforcing immigration laws and forcing illegal immigrants to remain in the shadows cities are running the real risk of having contagious diseases run rampant. 

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I can almost see the gears turning in your head as you turn a blind eye to the illegality of Garcia being here. 

"He is a person. He has hopes and dreams like the rest of us. He was just trying to make his way and do the right thing"

...so was Katie Steinle. 

Yes he is a person and so was she. Being an illegal immigrant doesn't change that fact - it also doesn't make what happened murder. 

8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

You're waiting on someone to comment on the Officer's gun and I'm waiting on someone to justify illegal immigration.

No I'm not really waiting on someone to comment on the gun. I'm not that naive. I know the vast majority don't really care about making sure that situation doesn't happen again. 

Since illegal immigration is so important to you Ill assume I should be looking for your thread about Trump using illegal immigrants to build his tower. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

I know. How many people were leaving during the election and are still here whining. Even they know better than to bite the hand that feeds them. They should be given the right to just leave and be all that they can be.

Cal-exit actually began long before Trump. Of course he very quickly became the face of it though LOL 

• Like 1

letting them leave will be not good enough, liberals deserve more, like living in mexico. they hate america, do everything to screw Americans.  return Ca to mexico. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Jury convicts illegal immigrant

charged in Kate Steinle killing

I think that if this had have been the headline instead, it probably would have been a back page story.

• Like 3

Just now, susieice said:

If the gun he had belonged to an officer who carelessly left it laying somewhere, it's no wonder the court just wanted this case to end. The officer should be charged for being negligent. Didn't he or she notice at some point that they didn't have their weapon? That still doesn't excuse the criminal activity of the defendant.

oh so he was in possession of a stolen property as well,  and no charges???????  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Jury convicts illegal immigrant

charged in Kate Steinle killing

I think that if this had have been the headline instead, it probably would have been a back page story.

It would have been what most people were expecting to hear. It's not just that the man was an illegal. He was a repeat repeat repeat offender.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

oh so he was in possession of a stolen property as well,  and no charges???????  

The officer shouldn't have left it laying, if in fact, that is what happened. That's not stealing unless he didn't report it and took it. Sounds like he started playing with it before he did that. That in itself is a charge. I'm just saying the officer who left their weapon laying around is also wrong here.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

It would have been what most people were expecting to hear. It's not just that the man was an illegal. He was a repeat repeat repeat offender.

True, but it should be noted that he was a non-violent offender.

• Like 1

Just now, Likely Guy said:

True, but it should be noted that he was a non-violent offender.

Until now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

He was acquitted.

That's the problem.

• Like 3

Just now, susieice said:

The officer shouldn't have left it laying, if in fact, that is what happened. That's not stealing unless he didn't report it and took it. Sounds like he started playing with it before he did that. That in itself is a charge. I'm just saying the officer who left their weapon laying around is also wrong here.

he is, but i do not expect CA go after the cop.  or any state for that matter.another "beautiful" side of our corrupt system

• Like 2

1 minute ago, susieice said:

That's the problem.

Why are you saying that? A jury of his peers found him innocent. 

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Why are you saying that? A jury of his peers found him innocent. 

It still doesn't excuse his repeat criminal behavior. He should not have been there at all. If I keep crossing the Canadian border and Canadian immigration keeps sending me back to the US, sooner or later, I'm probably just going to get locked up for ignoring Canadian law over and over. If I cross and do something really bad, I don't think they're going to want me for a neighbor. There has to be a reason why immigration kept sending him back. He may have been an undesirable alien. Not that that's a good label and is admittedly speculation on my part, but he may have had a criminal record in Mexico. Could be why he kept coming back here.

• Like 3

our system is nothing but a sail that turns anyway political wind blows, it has 0 to do with actual justice

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

It still doesn't excuse his repeat criminal behavior. He should not have been there at all. If I keep crossing the Canadian border and Canadian immigration keeps sending me back to the US, sooner or later, I'm probably just going to get locked up for ignoring Canadian law over and over. If I cross and do something really bad, I don't think they're going to want me for a neighbor. There has to be a reason why immigration kept sending him back. He may have been an undesirable alien. Not that that's a good label and is admittedly speculation on my part, but he may have had a criminal record in Mexico. Could be why he kept coming back here.

I'm in no way making the argument he was a good guy. Although I suppose he could be ,I guess I would be comfortable saying we really don't know. More to the point though is that whether he is a good guy or not really is irrelevant to whether or not he committed a crime which caused the woman's death. 

• Like 2

If youre guilty of a previous crime then you"ll never be innocent.

Once a cheat always be a cheat

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I'm in no way making the argument he was a good guy. Although I suppose he could be ,I guess I would be comfortable saying we really don't know. More to the point though is that whether he is a good guy or not really is irrelevant to whether or not he committed a crime which caused the woman's death. 

His being there in the first place was committing a crime that caused the woman's death.

31 minutes ago, susieice said:

His being there in the first place was committing a crime that caused the woman's death.

So he was guilty of murder because he wasn't supposed to be there? 

I'm curious, would you apply that same logic if it was an American teenager out past curfew who picked up that gun?  

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

So he was guilty of murder because he wasn't supposed to be there? 

I'm curious, would you apply that same logic if it was an American teenager out past curfew who picked up that gun?  

Yes. He was breaking the law by being where he should not be. If he had not been there, he would not have picked up the gun. He should not have been there. And that wasn't an accident.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1