Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jury acquits illegal immigrant

aztek

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

I doubt they are either, but when a POS like Keith Spencer yells, “Kate Steinle’s death has touched everyone that’s here, she represented everything that is white and wonderful about this country.”

The hashtag #buildkateswall is entirely disrespectful.

People, by politicizing a family's disaster, are making political points through it.

The very same people who want nothing to do with it, questioned by the same people who say, "Well, what about the victim and their family?"

People should respect their loss and work together to try to stop it from happening again. When taking in immigrants, one needs  sense and an ability to work together to make things right, not worse.

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

People should respect their loss and work together to try to stop it from happening again. When taking in immigrants, one needs  sense and an ability to work together to make things right, not worse.

Did you read what they said about immigrants?

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes. No one said anything racist. They said the same thing I said. His criminal record should have kept him out of the country. He should not have been there in the first place, and this wouldn't have happened. Immigrants are one thing. Felons are another. This is why you have to vet immigrants and not just allow anyone in. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

Yes. No one said anything racist. They said the same thing I said. His criminal record should have kept him out of the country. He should not have been there in the first place, and this wouldn't have happened. Immigrants are one thing. Felons are another. This is why you have to vet immigrants and not just allow anyone in. 

Has anybody, especially those that are pro-open borders, ever considered that if you keep letting anybody that wants to come here to do so that the reason why they came in the first place will disappear?  Uncontrolled immigration dilutes the indigenous culture.  It is that culture that draws people here and it takes time to assimilate.  The US is not just a physical location.  It is also one language and one culture. 

This is where I like to use my analogy of suspending of disbelief.  If the logistics were possible and tomorrow, the entire world immigrated to the US, would we still be a country?  We would be some cross between Indian and Chinese with all the sensibilities these people bring.  They will know nothing of Americanism.  Does this help paint the picture of why illegals are dangerous?  We simply have too many.  They can’t properly absorb into our culture.  It can take generations.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If the logistics were possible and tomorrow, the entire world immigrated to the US, would we still be a country?  

We can either take everyone in, while declaring all national park property fair game for building homes for the less fortunate, or be more selective.

I must confess, I'm a little more than confused at the rational. Do progressives want to preserve our environment and wildlife, or do they want to cram as many people as possible into every square inch of the country?

• Like 1

California will lock you up for swatting a seagull but not for shooting at a seal. They are big time protected there. Even these people know it.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/they-should-have-gone-after-illegal-for-shooting-at-seal/73907631/

http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa.gov/protected_species/marine_mammals/deterring_qa.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

California will lock you up for swatting a seagull but not for shooting at a seal. They are big time protected there.

If he'd killed a seal he would have gotten a stiffer sentence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If he'd killed a seal he would have gotten a stiffer sentence.

Yep. Even just shooting at one. Here's a quote from the second link I posted.

The MMPA generally prohibits the harassment, hunting, capturing, or killing of marine mammals, or any attempt to engage in such activities. However, the law does contain exceptions authorizing certain people under certain circumstances to deter marine mammals from damaging private property, including fishing gear and catch, so long as the methods used do not result in the death or serious injury of an animal. To reduce the risk of causing "serious injury" to an animal, deterrence methods should be chosen that avoid penetration or tearing of skin, or rupture of an eye.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

I likely missed it. What did they say?