Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Plans for Private Spy Agency

Farmer77

White House considering private network of spies separate from CIA: report 

President Trump is considering creating a private network of spies that would be controlled directly by him and his CIA chief, according to a report.

The alleged proposal comes in part from Blackwater founder Erik Prince and would be separate from existing intelligence agencies in order to counteract the supposed “deep state” in the national security apparatus that is opposed to the commander-in-chief, sources told The Intercept.

If true this is a terrifying turn of events. 

• Like 8

Hmmmm isn't that what the Gestapo and KGB was all about ?

~

• Like 6

All Trump would have to do would be to fire the people in the CIA and then install only those loyal to him...he wouldn't have to start up another spy agency.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

All Trump would have to do would be to fire the people in the CIA and then install only those loyal to him...he wouldn't have to start up another spy agency.

Which is part of what makes this so terrifying. There's no legit above board reason to do so. 

• Like 2

I'm also not so sure this is actually true: https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04/trump-white-house-weighing-plans-for-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

“I can find no evidence that this ever came to the attention of anyone at the NSC or [White House] at all,” wrote Michael N. Anton, a spokesperson for the National Security Council, in an email. “The White House does not and would not support such a proposal.” But a current U.S. intelligence official appeared to contradict that assertion, stating that the various proposals were first pitched at the White House before being delivered to the CIA. The Intercept reached out to several senior officials that sources said had been briefed on the plans by Prince, including Vice President Mike Pence. His spokesperson wrote there was “no record of [Prince] ever having met with or briefed the VP.” North did not respond to a request for comment....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

White House considering private network of spies separate from CIA: report 

If true this is a terrifying turn of events. 

I remember "reports" of Obama creating his own homeland army outside of the National guard that would have become his "brown shirts" and he would refuse to leave office after his 2nd term... :lol:

Yes we have the dept of homeland security and a few other agencies but those could be more in line with Dubbya's patriot act than anything to do with Obama...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Which is part of what makes this so terrifying. There's no legit above board reason to do so. 

Seriously?  Who do you think killed Kennedy?  Do you think there are not similar shadow figures operating today?  It's a certainty imo.

• Like 4

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

I remember "reports" of Obama creating his own homeland army outside of the National guard that would have become his "brown shirts" and he would refuse to leave office after his 2nd term... :lol:

Yes we have the dept of homeland security and a few other agencies but those could be more in line with Dubbya's patriot act than anything to do with Obama...

That's why I added the disclaimer "if true". 

If it weren't for the actors involved making it seem all too plausible I wouldn't have even read the article but Trump, Prince and North ? Yeah I could see them doing that 

• Like 2

With an ego the size of our current POTUS it wouldn't surprise me.  Don't take my previous post wrong, I'm not saying it's a good idea, although I may have done this myself if I were Presiden because I guarantee I would be making moves that would really tick off the military-industrial complex.

• Like 5

Just now, OverSword said:

Seriously?  Who do you think killed Kennedy?  Do you think there are not similar shadow figures operating today?  It's a certainty imo.

George Bush most likely 

I'm positive such agencies exist, although I'm honestly not positive of the veracity of the report, the inclusion of Erik Prince however makes it a totally different situation. Privatizing our intelligence services now too? Yikes that raises all kinds of other issues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That's why I added the disclaimer "if true". 

If it weren't for the actors involved making it seem all too plausible I wouldn't have even read the article but Trump, Prince and North ? Yeah I could see them doing that 

:lol:

As i said when i held my nose last year...We should all be happy if Trump gets in over Hillary as he will be the MOST watched,analyzed,and critiqued Pres in US history...

He won't get away with sneaking anything through as others have done under the cloak of darkness in the past!

If Trump tried the patriot act or hell even obama care believe me,none of the "hidden additives" would have went by with "we have to pass it before we'll know" ;)

• Like 1

This smells like propaganda. It's not that I doubt it could be true, it's more that I feel it's already true so any talk about it is a smokescreen. I could see if it was like "Space Wars" where the threat is more important than the actual implication, but if we're talking CIA shadow wars, then it's Fight Club rules. I think it's pretty obvious that the government has been spying on everyone(us and them) since the 40's with government connections between the US and Bell Systems(Telephone, AKA AT&T). 

"As a result of this vertical monopoly, by 1940 the Bell System effectively owned most telephone service in the United States, from local and long-distance service to the telephones themselves. This allowed Bell to prohibit its customers from connecting phones not made or sold by Bell to the system without paying fees. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_System

Then Truman created the NSA in 1947 and most calls have been either recorded(short/long term), or monitored live by computers, since then. Then came cellular and SMS and then internet, now it's social media/malware/IoT. Next is automated flying camera drones for "high risk" areas. Lots of different hands, some inside different piggy banks, some with their own piggy banks, and one half of the hands are at war with the other half. It's like we are all sailing on a vast ocean giving no thought to the huge openness under our keel. The few times we do see something in the water, it's just tiny bubbles from the huge explosions deep underneath. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_surveillance_in_the_United_States

Edited by Trikein
  • Like 2

The only place allowed to say "if true" is Ancient Aliens and Curse of Oak Island.  Otherwise, of course this is fake news.  Trump has any of 17 agencies that he can mold into what he wants.  He can do it just like Obama did.  It just takes time.  Another agency would be counter productive.  The apparatus is in place, he just needs to manage it.  He's going to have to promote from the rank and file to get rid of the Deep State.

This reeks of the deepest, dankest BS.The people who went on the record denied it unequivocally. What this most likely is, at most, is a continuation of the previous 2 administrations' practice of using contractors in national security, roles being blown up to sound more sinister than it is. This is thriller novel type crap.

• Like 2

Well I looked online to see if there was any other articles on this.  All i could find was Mother Jones saying basically no one is sure if it is true.   

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/12/is-president-trump-building-a-private-spy-network/

It wouldn't surprise me if it was.   

• Like 3

The whole idea is insane. We already have the CIA, FBI, NSA and probably a few others.  We don't need this. If true, this is an attempt by Trump to control and get rid of  anyone who doesn't like him or his family period. Doesn't matter if its you  or me, the little folk, or if it's someone in Congress, law enforcement etc.

• Like 4

I'm really not sure if the fact that this sounds exactly like "b6-13" on Scandal makes it less likely to be true or more likely 

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

Not really have government employment works...positions except for the heads, are not appointed by the President, and it is illegal to ask your political affiliation during the hiring process.  

11 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Not really have government employment works...positions except for the heads, are not appointed by the President, and it is illegal to ask your political affiliation during the hiring process.  

The heads of the agencies are appointed by the President and within the agency people can be fired if it's determined they aren't doing their job properly, and those in charge determine what constitutes "doing ones job properly". Many Presidents have fired and changed the heads of the FBI and the CIA...they are legally allowed to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

The heads of the agencies are appointed by the President and within the agency people can be fired if it's determined they aren't doing their job properly, and those in charge determine what constitutes "doing ones job properly". Many Presidents have fired and changed the heads of the FBI and the CIA...they are legally allowed to do so.

I very clearly said the heads are appointed by the President.  You can't be fired for not having loyalty to the President.  You also can't be fired without cause.  You get annual reviews, and if an employees reviews are satisfactory, you can't be fired "not doing ones job properly", as you put it.

22 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I very clearly said the heads are appointed by the President.  You can't be fired for not having loyalty to the President.  You also can't be fired without cause.  You get annual reviews, and if an employees reviews are satisfactory, you can't be fired "not doing ones job properly", as you put it.

If you are not loyal to your boss, you can't do your job properly.

25 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If you are not loyal to your boss, you can't do your job properly.

You have to at least be loyal to the Constitution and the rule of law.

• Like 1

No one, in their right mind, would support this if it's true. It's up to our representatives (yeah, right) to oversee the alphabet agencies so that they can look for signs of corruption or criminality. We don't need a gestapo to oversee the KGB. We need politicians with a conscience.

• Like 3