Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Plans for Private Spy Agency

Farmer77

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

If you are not loyal to your boss, you can't do your job properly.

Well then, it's a good thing we have a wonderful union.

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

No one, in their right mind, would support this if it's true. It's up to our representatives (yeah, right) to oversee the alphabet agencies so that they can look for signs of corruption or criminality. We don't need a gestapo to oversee the KGB. We need politicians with a conscience.

A politician with a conscience is a politician out of power.

22 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

A politician with a conscience is a politician out of power.

I haven't yet reached that level of cynicism. I'll move to Australia when I do.

23 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I haven't yet reached that level of cynicism. I'll move to Australia when I do.

It's not any better any place else perhaps worse any other place.

Talk about scraping at the bottom of the barrels ...

~

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

It's not any better any place else perhaps worse any other place.

Australia has kangaroos, though. That's a good reason right there.

• Like 1

On 05/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, Farmer77 said:

White House considering private network of spies separate from CIA: report 

If true this is a terrifying turn of events. 

Have you come out from behind the sofa yet -- :passifier:

The thing is that most(?) intelligence work is outsourced to private companies now anyway -

so all Trump has to do is do what the CIA and NSA do -- pay for the work to be done...

The use of private companies obviously comes with risks - just ask ...(quote)

Booz Allen Hamilton, which hired the 29-year-old Snowden three months ago to work at the NSA, has been a leader among more than 1,900 firms that have supplied tens of thousands of intelligence analysts in recent years, including technologists and field spies.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/private-contractors-play-key-role-in-us-intelligence-work/

The Private Intelligence Business is obviously a real money spinner - (quote)

5 Corporations Now Dominate Our Privatized Intelligence Industry

This unaccountable oligarchy of spies controls the information that guides our military and civilian leaders.

https://www.thenation.com/article/five-corporations-now-dominate-our-privatized-intelligence-indus

so be not afraid Farmer - the horse has already bolted ... :ph34r:

:hmm:

:)

• Like 1

:ph34r:

Edited by Farmer77

On 12/5/2017 at 6:08 PM, Farmer77 said:

White House considering private network of spies separate from CIA: report 

If true this is a terrifying turn of events. 

Fortunately, it is - indeed - not true. Well, probably not true. For a given value of truth.

The Blackwater company apparently commissioned and produced the report, but on their own initiative, and not at the request of the White House. Both the White House and the CIA have formally stated that they have not seen this document.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of criticising Donald Trump :P

On a slightly divergent note; have you noticed how these 'news articles' increasingly make statements as though they where established fact, and then only towards the bottom say "... according to an un-named source living underneath a bridge".

Traditionally, newspapers (at least the ones in the UK) would put allegations in speech marks right from the start, to indicate that they where an allegation by a 3rd party, not an established fact. Sadly, that practice seems to be diminishing.

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Fortunately, it is - indeed - not true. Well, probably not true. For a given value of truth.

The Blackwater company apparently commissioned and produced the report, but on their own initiative, and not at the request of the White House. Both the White House and the CIA have formally stated that they have not seen this document.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of criticising Donald Trump :P

Trump actually wasn't even the most disturbing name in the report to me. My time with private military contractors was quite eye opening. Not the kind of folks you want around the actual decision makers. 

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

On a slightly divergent note; have you noticed how these 'news articles' increasingly make statements as though they where established fact, and then only towards the bottom say "... according to an un-named source living underneath a bridge".

Traditionally, newspapers (at least the ones in the UK) would put allegations in speech marks right from the start, to indicate that they where an allegation by a 3rd party, not an established fact. Sadly, that practice seems to be diminishing.

It would probably help Americans if they were a little more blatant in their clarifications but the story did start out "sources told" LOL. 

Well, this "story" has now been denied by Blackwater, The CIA, the National Security Council, and the White House !

Damn.... that probably means its true :unsure2:.

18 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

IDK ;)

They have them in the Outback. We have them in the courtroom. 

• Like 2