Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to recognise Jerusalem

Setton

US President Donald Trump will recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital, senior administration officials have said.

He is due to announce the controversial decision in a speech later.

Mr Trump is also expected to approve moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, but not for several years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42246564

• Like 1

LOL.

And already the various Muslim leaders are threatening violence !

It's worth making the change just to see them all fume and fulminate.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't think it will be that big of a deal.  There might be some riots and deaths in the beginning, but it will settle down. 

As with any changes in the Middle East, "There might be some riots and deaths in the beginning, but it will settle down."

5000 years of perpetual conflict...

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Someone with enough mettle. Good move. Palestine will protest anything that's in favor of Israel. 

My gut reaction was that its probably kicking a hornets nest that didn't need kicking but really I don't really care about the issue one way or the other, why do you say this is a good move? 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

There might be some riots and deaths in the beginning, but it will settle down

Oh thats alright then - all for something that wasn't needed in the first place.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't think it will be that big of a deal.  There might be some riots and deaths in the beginning, but it will settle down. 

"Some" riots and deaths are still too many....

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Look at your kids or nieces and nephew or grandchildren in the face, think of all the kids or nieces and nephew or grandchildren in the world  ... its their future that is being placed on the high stakes high risk table ... just for some Political Brownie points ...

If that doesn't make any one insanely angry I guess I have very little else to add ...

~

I could like this a hundred times. None of these troublemakers have ever buried their own children........

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

My gut reaction was that its probably kicking a hornets nest that didn't need kicking but really I don't really care about the issue one way or the other, why do you say this is a good move? 

It's a good move because it resolves or legitimizes Israel control over the city of Jerusalem. eventually its going to belong to one of them as we have seen again and again that Palestinian and Israeli won't be able to share it peacefully and for the citizens of the city it's better to be with Israel as they can provide better infrastructure. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Piney said:

"Some" riots and deaths are still too many....

Well, I was more meaning that it won't cause a war or anything permanent.   The US probably won't qualify as neutral mediators in any peace negotiations anymore.  But then again, we never were never truly neutral in the matter anyways.  Not that I expect that peace in the middle east will happen in my lifetime.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

It's a good move because it resolves or legitimizes Israel control over the city of Jerusalem

Why? - just because the USA says so?

• Like 9

A thought just crossed my mind and I honestly don't know the answer but will this move in any way increase the value of the properties the Kushner family has built over there? 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

A thought just crossed my mind and I honestly don't know the answer but will this move in any way increase the value of the properties the Kushner family has built over there? 

Good catch!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Or it will decrease it.  What areas of the world do the Trumps not have some kind of interest?  I'm sure that is not an issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah. Some deaths. Somewhere far away. Would you talk like that if the stakes were your children, parents?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Lilly said:

This was one of Trump’s campaign promises...good or bad he has kept his promise.

some promises are made to be broken and this was one of them - even Boris the fella who masquerades as a foreign secretary in the UK thinks its a bad move - and that's saying something.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

BIG can of worms. This guy really wants the world to burn........

The Middle East was peaceful and stable, for hundreds of years, before this. You can say that he put gasoline on the inferno. It's more likely that he flicked a Bic in Hell. Of course, Trump is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

• Like 5

Not so much the 'What' but more about the 'How' #45 went about it ... and as if that's not enough, I am hearing lots of mention about some secret ' Sparky's Plan ' ... it seems now, apparently, there is a plan ... " I have a plan " said the Chief, Famous last words comes to mind .... if the circumstances were not so dire I would be shedding tears of laughter

~