Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to recognise Jerusalem

Setton

I don't get it.   So, if his royal majestic Trumpness declares it...or decrees it,  that makes it so? 

maybe if he puts his face in that pouty scowl and folds his arms and raises his nose in a Mussolini-esque pose it will give the decree more validity?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, lightly said:

I don't get it.   So, if his royal majestic Trumpness declares it...or decrees it,  that makes it so? 

maybe if he puts his face in that pouty scowl and folds his arms and raises his nose in a Mussolini-esque pose it will give the decree more validity?

It seems that he does now have the power to re-order the geography of the world.  So even if no one else does believe that Jerusalem is in fact the capital, will the Trump insist that it is? So what's his friend Bibi and the Israeli govt. expected to do? Are they expected to move the entire paraphernalia of government there because the Trump has said that it is so? Has he really  ... I was going to say "has he really thought this through?", but if he did really think something through, that would be a first, so it's probably not very likely that he'd have done so here./ :unsure: 

• Like 4

Can we be sure that #45 was sure what city/country he talked about? Because "Belgium is a wounderfull city"?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Piney said:

BIG can of worms. This guy really wants the world to burn........

Yep.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, toast said:

Can we be sure that #45 was sure what city/country he talked about? Because "Belgium is a wounderfull city"?

I had to check on that one just to be sure. 

Oh my. Just when I think I've heard all the stupid you can ever hear out of one man...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RAyMO said:

some promises are made to be broken and this was one of them - even Boris the fella who masquerades as a foreign secretary in the UK thinks its a bad move - and that's saying something.

UK politicians are by default required to appease Islam so that the militant muslims here don't kick off ...

Of course we don't want social unrest leading to civil war -

But the saying --- 'give an inch and they'll take a yard' comes to mind - 

In other words it's absolutely no surprise that May and Johnson speak out against Trump on this -
they cannot go off message - no matter what they might think about it all in private -

Edited by bee
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Lilly said:

This was one of Trump’s campaign promises...good or bad he has kept his promise.

thanks for the reminder -

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bee said:

But the saying --- 'give an inch and they'll take a yard' comes to mind - 

Very apt when we are talking about Israel and Palestinian territories

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lightly said:

It does not make it so. But it does unequivocally state that the USA has chosen sides. 

It effectively takes the US out of mediation. It will probably save the tax payer a bit of money to.

I have to say I am not all that against this act. 

In fact I was pleasantly pleased to see that in some things I even agree with Bee.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bee said:

UK politicians are by default required to appease Islam so that the militant muslims here don't kick off ...

US politicians are never ever obliged to appease Israel, of course. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

you have got quite good of late at the cut and thrust - the parrying - of forum political 'debate' :D

• Like 2

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Especially currently. 

The Saudis are up to something. They are involved in this for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

to be honest if I was absolutely forced to make a choice --- and I couldn't abstain or run away with my fingers
in my ears going la la la --- I would rather appease Israel than Islam - 

it will open up a can of worms what Trump has said - but Trump doesn't fear using the can opener -

edit to add --- of course when Israel aligns itself with factions of Islam --- like with Saudi Arabia in the Syrian debacle -
the lines all get blurred --- it's all a god forsaken mess anyway - organized religion eh - I'm so glad my family didn't
follow any religion and I avoided the indoctrination -

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

to be honest if I was absolutely forced to make a choice --- and I couldn't abstain or run away with my fingers
in my ears going la la la --- I would rather appease Israel than Islam - 

it will open up a can of worms what Trump has said - but Trump doesn't fear using the can opener -

shall we ask the Palestinians? Who? Oh they don't matter, they'ré just Muslims, they don't count. Anyway they're all mad fanatical nutcases who wear towels on their head and want to destroy Israel. I mean they - Israel that is - only occupied their land and turned them out of their homes, and frequently decide to demolish a few more of their homes with armoured bulldozers if they decide they want to appropriate a bit more land. How utterly mad and deranged they are resenting Israel for that. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Why? - just because the USA says so?

Take a look at Gaza. Before and after. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Sooo, when Jordan will give back territories to Palestinians?

• Like 2

Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 was passed by Congress. The law mandated that the embassy be moved to Jerusalem. However, past presidents signed waivers to forego the implementation for a later date.

It is now a later date.

Funny that! Trump upholding the laws. Who would've thought. /sarcasm.

Israel declared Jerusalem its capital in 1950 and as far as the Palestinians are concerned they too could of had a state but they rejected it because they would not recognize Israel as a state.

Facts are pesky little things that interfere with peoples own narratives.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 was passed by Congress. The law mandated that the embassy be moved to Jerusalem. However, past presidents signed waivers to forego the implementation for a later date.

It is now a later date.

Funny that! Trump upholding the laws. Who would've thought. /sarcasm.

Israel declared Jerusalem its capital in 1950 and as far as the Palestinians are concerned they too could of had a state but they rejected it because they would not recognize Israel as a state.

Facts are pesky little things that interfere with peoples own narratives.

You have to balance facts with the real world effects of acting on those facts though. I started out ambivalent on the issue but looking at the pros and cons I just cant find any pros for America doing so. 

Protests picking up. CNN has a reporter there - nuts. 

The reason the United States is doing this is to stand against several international organizations that recognize Palestine as a legitimate country (but not Israel). This is a show of support for Israel and  goes against those who believe that Israel is illegitimate (aka should not exist). This will likely infuriate the more radical Islamists, but keep in mind Israel allows people of all faiths to live within its borders.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The reason the United States is doing this is to stand against several international organizations that recognize Palestine as a legitimate country (but not Israel). This is a show of support for Israel and  goes against those who believe that Israel is illegitimate (aka should not exist). This will likely infuriate the more radical Islamists, but keep in mind Israel allows people of all faiths to live within its borders.

How does that help us as a nation ? 

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

How does that help us as a nation ? 

Depends upon who we are planning to ally ourselves with and for what purpose.

IMO (I have no proof for this) it could be a slap to the more radicalized Palestinians (who are violently anti-Israel) that they will need to accept the existence of Israel and go from there, instead of just offering up more and more war against Israel....just a guess.

• Like 2

I have to agree with @Lilly. The pigeons are coming home for the Palestine Liberation Organisation. Several other countries (though no European ones yet) have stated that THEY may move their embassies to Jerusalem. In addition, we have the US threatening to close down the PLO legation in New York, and the recent Taylor Force bill threatening to cut off the PLO's funding unless it stops paying terrorists.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2017/12/05/palestinian-authority-faces-massive-cut-in-us-aid-as-taylor-force-act-targeting-terror-payments-passes-house-vote/

The screw is being turned. The PLO humiliated the USA during the Oslo accords, and now - finally - they are being brought to heel.

• Like 2