Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to recognise Jerusalem

Setton

10 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I had to check on that one just to be sure. 

Oh my. Just when I think I've heard all the stupid you can ever hear out of one man...

Actually, I always thought his biggest flub was the one where he said he’s been to all 57 states. Cmon Donald.

• Like 3

So Hamas is angry? That doesn’t just happen. Tell me, what doesn’t cause further unrest and turmoil in the Middle East?

• Like 4

Maybe Trump is doing the right thing and maybe he isn't, but the old system wasn't working. 

I  just keep remembering Trump's initial press conference with Iran, where he mentions that the middle east and "our new allies" where ready to make moves. I must go look through the transcripts because I am sure he mentioned Saudi Arabia by name during this comment which means if this is actually a thought out plan, it began here and the Saudis were on the top of his mind at the time.

The  recent buy up of weaponry and removal of Princess looks like preparation for something. 

Also Donald made sure recently that he publicly mentioned that the US weapons where better than the ones they sell to their allies and because  you can't always trust your allies. A remark he made for the cameras in an odd setting, which means this was also a prominent thought in his mind.

Let's face it Donald Trump clearly has ruminations of thought. You don't tweet at three in the morning if you can ignore the voices in your head.

He new there would be a reckoning of some sort and he is prepared for it to be all out war. Personally I hope it is not, but I don't get a say in stopping or starting it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Actually, I always thought his biggest flub was the one where he said he’s been to all 57 states. Cmon Donald.

Trump did it too?

https://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

In intriguing thought Kismit. But.... war between whom ? 

If I where a betting person I would think that President Trump is preparing for all out war with extremist Islamics.  That fits his personal narrative. 

I do worry though, as I have from the start, that Trump's political niaevity is a problem. How easy is it for someone (Israel ) to talk him into a plan that Trump could view as a way to defeat who he views as the bad guys.  But with someone like Israel having a separate agenda.

As I said I don't know if this will make the middle east safer for its people in the long run.

• Like 1

My favourite in this context was when visiting Israel as part of the Middle East tour this year Trump said.

“The secretary of state has done an incredible job. We just got back from the Middle East, we just got back from Saudi Arabia,”

Which either meant he thought he was home in the US or didn't realise that Israel is in the Middle East, at least in most peoples understanding.

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

My favourite in this context was when visiting Israel as part of the Middle East tour this year Trump said.

“The secretary of state has done an incredible job. We just got back from the Middle East, we just got back from Saudi Arabia,”

Which either meant he thought he was home in the US or didn't realise that Israel is in the Middle East, at least in most peoples understanding.

I wonder... was he dumb, or VERY astute ? Israel may be geographically in the "Middle East", but culturally and socially it is a thousand miles away. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Or that Saudi Arabia was strong on his mind.

• Like 2

Huh. Seems as if this whole affair is going to seriously inflame militant Palestinians.

Doesn't take much to predict a whole new, and continuous, wave of car bombings, suicide bombers, cafe shootings and rocket fire over this.

Sad.

• Like 5

Just now, Kismit said:

Or that Saudi Arabia was strong on his mind.

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

I wonder... was he dumb, or VERY astute ? Israel may be geographically in the "Middle East", but culturally and socially it is a thousand miles away. 

Obviously I haven't clue what he was thinking, either of those two could be right - but being the **** that I am I siding with: he thought he was home in the US :)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Obviously I haven't clue what he was thinking, either of those two could be right - but being the **** that I am I siding with: he thought he was home in the US :)

Well, indeed. And no doubt he was looking for an investigation to subvert, or a baby to eat, at the same time ! :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skliss said:

Not only that, but there was no such thing as "Palestine" until the 1960's. 

The individual identified with the tribe he was a part of.  It was one tribe of many in Palestine.  Very similar to just about any other locale, like Italy.  Before 1848, people identified with the city-state they came from.  There was no concept of “Italian”, even though it was the Italian (Apennine) Peninsula.  The “United States” went from a plural noun (are) to a singular (is) at some point after the Civil War.

Everywhere else in the Mandate, new nations were able to stand alone, except for Palestine.  Palestine was just barely Class A when the British left.  And only then it was because Israel made it such.  The culture of the Fellahin was not one of statehood.  Statehood was for landowners.  They didn’t care who owned it, they were going to just squat.  They got really p***ed off at the Jews after 1909 and now they see the same thing happening.  So of course, they see themselves as victims, but they do it to themselves.  They weren’t burdened with such things as taxes and responsibility.  Now that they want to organize, they act irresponsible.  This is a new culture that should die and let the people absorb into other nations.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Huh. Seems as if this whole affair is going to seriously inflame militant Palestinians.

Doesn't take much to predict a whole new, and continuous, wave of car bombings, suicide bombers, cafe shootings and rocket fire over this.

Sad.

Well, likely. It protests and burnig of Trumps pictures started already. In Betlehem. By Paestinians. Palestinian Christians.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

In intriguing thought Kismit. But.... war between whom ? 

Between Sunni and Shia.  I’m not sure of the rosters of sides yet.  But I keep hearing about how such a good ally Israel can be.  Like somebody is trying to sell the idea.  I think the Sunni world wants to remove all Shia influence from their realm.  I think Trump has offered help if Saudi Arabia and Egypt with clean up their act and reform Islam, which I think el-Sisi and Salman want then Trump will aid in their quest.  One price is to eliminate Hamas and destroy the Palestinian culture (not the people).  Disperse this den of hatred.  Then sweep up into Lebanon and take out Hezbollah and free that nation.  Then offer Assad an ultimatum to remove him, then chase the Shia militias out of Iraq.  At the same time, clear Yemen of Shia influence there.  Once Assad is out, Russia will have no reason to stand with Iran.  And I’m not sure where Turkey will stand?  If a deal could be made with Erdogan over the Kurds then I’m sure that he won’t join Iran.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

Sad.

So what if we recognize Jerusalem as the capital? I get tired of the US being blamed  for the actions of emotional midgets who can’t control their homicidal tendencies every time they’re offended which is quite literally all of the time. We should do what we think is right. Appeasement is bad policy.

• Like 7

oupps

Edited by toast

Another day another added reason to associate the name Trump with the portuguese word "trampa" wich means "crap", I Trump you not

Does it need repeated on every page here that Clinton,W. Bush,and Obama all said almost the exact same thing!

There is video footage of them ALL saying it...but,but,but...TRUMP!!! :rolleyes:

Trump is like Freddy Krueger,everyones exagerated fears and constantly uttering his name gives him more power over them :lol:

• Like 3

On 12/6/2017 at 9:16 AM, The Russian Hare said:

I think it is a bad idea to get further in Mideast politics. :hmm:

Any rational person would have to agree, up to a point.  It's kind of like having to choose whether to put your neighbor's house fire out.  Technically, it's not your responsibility but if you don't help, YOUR place might be in ashes too.  I think it's apparent that if the U.S. just washes its hands of Israel and walks away, her enemies will see it as a signal that they can go after her without interference.  In fact, that's exactly what's going to happen at some point yet future.  The amazing thing is that otherwise rational, thoughtful people seem convinced that they can forcibly remove these people from that land without a major conflict, almost certain to include a nuclear exchange.  THAT is the measure of hatred people the world over have for Jews in Israel.  They seem willing to risk a global war to remove them or, more likely, they just can't conceive of the people of Israel actually fighting to the death to protect their homes and families.  Considering the history of the last 70 years, that just boggles my mind.  The Bible states that "Jerusalem will be a heavy burden" for all the peoples roundabout and that it will become a "cup of drunkenness"  that causes problems for the whole world.  Does that sound familiar in light of today's events?  Remember that this country is the size of a small U.S. state and has a population smaller than most major world cities.  That, my friend, is a supernatural hatred that has no rationale attached to it to justify the horrors it's going to bring.  So be it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

US politicians are never ever obliged to appease Israel, of course. 

This law was passed about 20 years ago and those same Congress Critters have studiously avoided implementing its terms for all that time.  Since Trump is all about using pressure to negotiate with recalcitrants, I'm inclined to give it some time and see what happens.  The only people who are against such a minor hat-tip to the people of Israel in recognizing their ancient capital - inside borders that are yet to be named - are those who refuse to acknowledge ANY claim of Israel to ANY part of Jerusalem.  That says all one needs to know about the mindset of one of the parties to a "just" peace.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

shall we ask the Palestinians? Who? Oh they don't matter, they'ré just Muslims, they don't count. Anyway they're all mad fanatical nutcases who wear towels on their head and want to destroy Israel. I mean they - Israel that is - only occupied their land and turned them out of their homes, and frequently decide to demolish a few more of their homes with armoured bulldozers if they decide they want to appropriate a bit more land. How utterly mad and deranged they are resenting Israel for that. 

I don't think it's their land from legal point of view, they are as many people say here just squatters. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, odas said:

Well, likely. It protests and burnig of Trumps pictures started already. In Betlehem. By Paestinians. Palestinian Christians.

maybe they are morons or maybe they fear if they don't do this, their neighbors might attack them you know for supporting trump 

13 minutes ago, kartikg said:

maybe they are morons or maybe they fear if they don't do this, their neighbors might attack them you know for supporting trump 

Maybe. But how do you explain palestinian christians abroad having small palestinian flags in their cars? Canada is a free country and they do not have to be afraid, yet stil.....

• Like 1