Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to recognise Jerusalem

Setton

2 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Miss Haley said its "An insult" that won't be forgotten.

Is this administration in some kind of contest to see who can sound most like a low-budget pantomime villain? 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Setton said:

Is this administration in some kind of contest to see who can sound most like a low-budget pantomime villain? 

"This is an insult that... will not be forgotten."

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 6

Laws imply an enforcing body.  When you state something artificial like "international laws", what is the enforcing body?  No individual nation is bound or obligated to obey an "international law".  Sometimes, they can be a nice guideline to follow.  What happens when Geneva and the UN fall out of favor?  Nations rise and fall but artificial constructs are temporary at best.  They disintegrate in the winds of time.  Laws emanate from the nation to protect the rights of its citizens (given the right kind of government).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

artificial constructs are temporary at best.

Interesting choice of terminology. it can be and has been argued that almost everything outside basically of the natural universe and its component parts are artificial constructs. Including laws, nations and corporations. It can be argued that it is the ability to create these artificial constructs that separate us from the other animals.

In fact the proponent of this worldview is an Israeli academic the Hebrew University's Dr. Yuval Noah Harari. His free online course is actually very interesting and informative although I can't seem to find a live link to it at the moment. However there is a short introductory video here

Seems course no longer available - but if anyone is interested he has written books on the same concept.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

And now Trump is threatening to cut off any aid for countries that don't back him when the UN votes on the matter. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-42431095

Just when I thought my opinion of him could sink no lower. Is he so completely incompetent when it comes to diplomacy that he has to resort to threatening the rest of the world and nothing short of bullying tactics. 

I did my best to give him the benefit of the doubt as simply someone ignorant of politics and lacking in tact. 

But no, he's worse than stupid. He's finally showing the world that he's nothing more than an slimy, bullying, insecure little man. Pathetic. 

Is this really what you want in a leader, America? Every superpower goes this way. Turn it around or I guarantee you're on the decline from here. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Setton said:

And now Trump is threatening to cut off any aid for countries that don't back him when the UN votes on the matter. 

The great negotiator, the great deal maker, the great mediator - shows how its done.

• Like 4

The United Nations general assembly has delivered a stinging rebuke to Donald Trump, voting by a huge majority to reject his unilateral recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

The vote came after a redoubling of threats by Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the UN, who said that Washington would remember which countries “disrespected” America by voting against it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/21/united-nations-un-vote-donald-trump-jerusalem-israel

Ha! Good to see so many countries won't bow to intimidation and threats. Now will Trump learn from this do we think? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/21/united-nations-un-vote-donald-trump-jerusalem-israel

Ha! Good to see so many countries won't bow to intimidation and threats. Now will Trump learn from this do we think? 

Seriously?  The UN condemns the US recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?  This is just more evidence of how bogus the UN is.  The UN has become inconsequential.  With all the other issues in the world and where one little nation has its capital is paramount.  It boggles the mind.  Actions have consequences and the UN will be embarrassed.  With lower corporate taxes, other nations are going to want to move here to do business.  The US pays for 22% of the UN's operating cost.  I think that is going to be cut back significantly.

• Like 3

"The vote came after a redoubling of threats by Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the UN, who said that Washington would remember which countries “disrespected” America by voting against it."

WTF! Hey, Gestapo-Nikki, you can eat our a##es!

Ls70CfP.png

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Seriously?  The UN condemns the US recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?  This is just more evidence of how bogus the UN is.  The UN has become inconsequential.  With all the other issues in the world and where one little nation has its capital is paramount.  It boggles the mind.  Actions have consequences and the UN will be embarrassed.  With lower corporate taxes, other nations are going to want to move here to do business.  The US pays for 22% of the UN's operating cost.  I think that is going to be cut back significantly.

This isn't a small issue, it has potential to become very ugly and the UN had to do this to try to calm the situation.

It was reckless of Trump to do what he did, he knew he had almost the entire World agains him, yet he acts like a moron when threatening other countries for showing that. 

It really baffles me that to some people he can do nothing wrong, never follow blindly without questioning, it's very dangerous!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Zamor said:

This isn't a small issue, it has potential to become very ugly and the UN had to do this to try to calm the situation.

It was a very small issue and the UN has blown it up out of proportion.  They have assured that it will get ugly.  This is why the UN is a joke.

It was reckless of Trump to do what he did, he knew he had almost the entire World agains him, yet he acts like a moron when threatening other countries for showing that. 

Trump is a doer, not a bureaucrat.  He makes decisions and gets things done.  We haven’t had that in a long time.  It’s not him that is the moron.  You don’t bite the hand that feeds you.  I think many nations are about to get a dose of reality.

It really baffles me that to some people he can do nothing wrong, never follow blindly without questioning, it's very dangerous!

I agree.  The timidity of the world makes for complacent sheep.

• Like 3

"The US was joined in its "no" vote by Israel and a slew of small nations, including Micronesia, Nauru, Togo and Tonga, Palau, the Marshall Islands, Guatemala and Honduras."

We are going to need more support than that if we want this to pass tomorrow:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-un/u-n-mulls-new-north-korea-sanctions-could-vote-friday-diplomats-idUSKBN1EF24O?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

</sarcasm>FAKE NEWS!! - More countries than ever before voted with the US - No other president has accumulated so many UN votes in the history of UN.  </sarcasm>

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Seriously?  The UN condemns the US recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?  This is just more evidence of how bogus the UN is.  The UN has become inconsequential.  With all the other issues in the world and where one little nation has its capital is paramount.

So are you saying that Israel gets more attention that it deserves? That the UN pays more attention to it than it ought to? If only the US was to do the same. :hmm: 

• Like 2

I'm glad we have someone in office that takes action instead of dousing us with an endless stream of words. I think politicians aren't getting that yet....they keep thinking they are operating within the old system, that their words will hang over our heads and make the U.S. do what they want us to.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, skliss said:

make the U.S. do what they want us to

The US has never done other than what it wants to do.

17 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So are you saying that Israel gets more attention that it deserves? That the UN pays more attention to it than it ought to? If only the US was to do the same. :hmm: 

When one face palm is not enough… No, the US does not pay Israel any more attention than any other ally.  You’ve just been snagged hook, line, and sinker by the anti-Israel cartel.

• Like 2

So all this belligerent blustering about Iran because it Wants to Destroy Israel(TM) has nothing at all to do with the danger than it poses to Israel, then, and Washington only blusters belligerently about Iran because it so loves peace and harmony in the world that it gets really angry about any country that threatens global peace and harmony? :huh:  You have been quite, almost refreshingly, honest in the past about the real reasons for the occupation of Iraq, it's a pity you can't be the same when it comes to America always kneeling down and handing Israel a lead attached to a collar round its (America's) neck so that the Beloved Country can lead it around like a good well-trained puppy.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So all this belligerent blustering about Iran because it Wants to Destroy Israel(TM) has nothing at all to do with the danger than it poses to Israel, then, and Washington only blusters belligerently about Iran because it so loves peace and harmony in the world that it gets really angry about any country that threatens global peace and harmony? :huh:  You have been quite, almost refreshingly, honest in the past about the real reasons for the occupation of Iraq, it's a pity you can't be the same when it comes to the Beloved Country. 

You make absolutely no sense.  The threat that Iran poses to Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the world is not paying more attention to it than should be.

• Like 1

Why the b*****y heck should America give a flying duck whether the Mad Ayatollahs do threaten Saudi bloody Arabia? You expect us to believe that Saudi Arabia is a peace loving democracy that's being unfairly bullied, do you?   Anywhere that does threaten that third world tinpot theocracy gets a big tick in my book. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Why the b*****y heck should America give a flying duck whether the Mad Ayatollahs do threaten Saudi bloody Arabia? Anywhere that does threaten that third world tinpot theocracy gets a big tick in my book. 

Sentiment wise, I agree with you.  But there is this little thing called oil that allows you to go to work and keep your house warm in the winter, etc.  It threatens a bit more than just the region.  That’s the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

So America should bow to the Israel hating world? The days of bowing to globalists are over, in case you haven’t been paying attention. 

It has been American law for over 20 years to have our embassy in Jerusalem. Every would be president campaigned on this, and everyone of them cowardly backed down.  

Heck it’s not even going in east Jerusalem. What exactly is the problem? The days of bending to terror organizations are over.  God bless president Trump. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toast said:

WTF! Hey, Gestapo-Nikki, you can eat our a##es!

Ls70CfP.png

She’s not Gestapo, get your insults straight. She’s Von Ribbentrop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

"The US was joined in its "no" vote by Israel and a slew of small nations, including Micronesia, Nauru, Togo and Tonga, Palau, the Marshall Islands, Guatemala and Honduras."

We are going to need more support than that if we want this to pass tomorrow:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-un/u-n-mulls-new-north-korea-sanctions-could-vote-friday-diplomats-idUSKBN1EF24O?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

I’m surprised Australia didn’t poodle along the American line as well.