Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to recognise Jerusalem

Setton

35 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

So America should bow to the Israel hating world? The days of bowing to globalists are over, in case you haven’t been paying attention. 

It has been American law for over 20 years to have our embassy in Jerusalem. Every would be president campaigned on this, and everyone of them cowardly backed down.  

Heck it’s not even going in east Jerusalem. What exactly is the problem? The days of bending to terror organizations are over.  God bless president Trump. 

So when do we expect the Trump administration to show Saudi Arabia the door (ISIS anyone)?.  Oh that's right he won't.  Like Raven acknowledged, there's too much oil invested, so in the mean time let him pick on easy targets.....in Israel's best interest of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

3 hours ago, Zamor said:

This isn't a small issue, it has potential to become very ugly and the UN had to do this to try to calm the situation.

It was a very small issue and the UN has blown it up out of proportion.  They have assured that it will get ugly.  This is why the UN is a joke.

It was reckless of Trump to do what he did, he knew he had almost the entire World agains him, yet he acts like a moron when threatening other countries for showing that. 

Trump is a doer, not a bureaucrat.  He makes decisions and gets things done.  We haven’t had that in a long time.  It’s not him that is the moron.  You don’t bite the hand that feeds you.  I think many nations are about to get a dose of reality.

It really baffles me that to some people he can do nothing wrong, never follow blindly without questioning, it's very dangerous!

I agree.  The timidity of the world makes for complacent sheep.

I should have learnt by now not to discuss these kind of things with children!

21 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

She’s not Gestapo, get your insults straight. She’s Von Ribbentrop.

Jawoll!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

27424849129_fe4746c10d_z.jpg

Trump?

Nah, that joint is good for nothing but low-rent housing. 

(didn't anyone see the movie?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zamor said:

I should have learnt by now not to discuss these kind of things with children!

Then I’d suggest you come discuss matters with the rest of us adults and stop practicing in front of the mirror.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 11:40 AM, keithisco said:

I neither recognise nor accept your version of events.

It is simply historical revisionism and I will not debate your version because it is simplistic and simply wrong. In this age of accessible knowledge there is no excuse for it. 

Such a stance has become the hallmark of the modern Progressive movement globally.  They demand that their rhetoric is accepted as truth.  

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 6:07 PM, Black Red Devil said:

Trump through his declaration has done something no previous President did, he picked a side. 

From his speech:  "We are not taking a position of any final status issues, including the specific boundaries of the Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem, or the resolution of contested borders.  Those questions are up to the parties involved".

That doesn't constitute taking sides.  In fact, it specifically does the opposite.  The only people who are out of joint over this decision are those who reject the idea that Israel should EVER, under any circumstances, have any part of Jerusalem as its capital.  If that is not the case, why is a simple declaration of reality such an issue?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

So when do we expect the Trump administration to show Saudi Arabia the door (ISIS anyone)?.  Oh that's right he won't.  Like Raven acknowledged, there's too much oil invested, so in the mean time let him pick on easy targets.....in Israel's best interest of course.

No, I don’t think that Trump will show SA the door.  Heaven knows he should but this is why he won’t.  The Saud family is a large one.  Literally one that is not easy to keep track of.  I’m sure that King Salman has a whole separate intel service to monitor their activities, but even then, it probably isn’t enough.  There are obviously Salafist members, the King and immediate members are sufficiently moderate.  The King still has to play to an image.  The commitment to SA is patient influence to bring on reform.  SA earlier this year took a step by allowing women to drive.  It is a long slow process but we need to be prepared for a multi-generational endeavor.  Invading Iraq was necessary to help the process along as well as keeping Iran in check.  But as we are finding out now, Obama pulled our troops out so that Iran could continue to support Hezbollah and create havoc.  Staying in Iraq would have cut the Shia highway all the way to Hamas.  I think ISIS was a response to that, not just from the void but supported by Qatar to draw the West back in.  I think that Trump and Salman have made a deal to secure an alliance with Israel to stand against Iran and are sacrificing the Palestinians for a more important peace.  The Palestinians have always been undesirable neighbors in the Sunnis Muslim world.  Israel would be a far better asset against Iran.  And it maintains a stability of the market.  With Shia satellites being picked off one at a time in a unified region, Iran can’t dare provoke anything.  Of course, that is all speculation.  There’s more intrigue involved in this than what is behind Area 51.

• Like 1

UN votes 128-9 to declare US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital 'null and void' - as Britain jeopardises its special relationship with America by voting AGAINST Trump

UN voted 128-9 in favour of a resolution declaring Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Isreal 'void'
    The UK was among those supporting the non-binding measure, putting strain on the 'special relationship'
    Guatemala, Honduras, Togo, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and the Marshall Islands joined the US and Israel in opposing the motion, with 35 abstentions and a further 21 countries absent
    Donald Trump said he would be 'watching' who voted against him and threatened to withdraw aid payments

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5202459/Erdogans-warning-vote-Jerusalem.html#ixzz51y6FC8Eq

• Like 1

So, the no-shows and abstentions add up to over 50, maybe a quarter of the total.

Does anyone have a list of how the all voted?

6 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Then I’d suggest you come discuss matters with the rest of us adults and stop practicing in front of the mirror.

The vote in UN has no meaning when it comes to the decision Trump made to declare Jerusalem as Israels capitol.

Jerusalem is still the caitol of Israel according to U.S and the reason UN voted on it is because the arab world wanted them to try to calm a sensitive situation.

If you think "**** the arabs, who cares" then I Think it's a bit immature and you don't see the big Picture.

Trump knew when he made his decision that the rest of the World would react against it.

Throwing a tantrum and telling the rest o the World to shut up or else... is very childish and dangerous, a statement that the vote won't change the U.S decision would have been enough.

Maybe Trump had success with this kind of behaviour in the business World, bullying and scaring partners and Contractors, but it won't work with the rest of the World.

U.S have spent a vast amount of Money and work since WWII to build economical and political influence in the World, Trump is risking it all by putting his ego first.

Doing this will open up the arena for Russia and China to take over and get more influence when it comes to economy and politics in the World.

I can appreciate and agree on the "Make America great again" and "America first" concept, but you can do that without alienating yourself from the rest of the World, it's not possible to fulfill those promises all by yourself, you need good relations with others to make it happen. So him doing the amount of meaningless diplomatic damage that he does is moronic!

So cheering him on while he is burning bridges for no reason except him being stupid is childish as I see it, and I won't look in any mirror untill you can show me a good reason for praising him for behaving like this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeder said:

UN votes 128-9 to declare US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital 'null and void' - as Britain jeopardises its special relationship with America by voting AGAINST Trump

UN voted 128-9 in favour of a resolution declaring Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Isreal 'void'
    The UK was among those supporting the non-binding measure, putting strain on the 'special relationship'
    Guatemala, Honduras, Togo, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and the Marshall Islands joined the US and Israel in opposing the motion, with 35 abstentions and a further 21 countries absent
    Donald Trump said he would be 'watching' who voted against him and threatened to withdraw aid payments

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5202459/Erdogans-warning-vote-Jerusalem.html#ixzz51y6FC8Eq

Great

Couldn't they have just abstained - WTF are they thinking with Brexit round the corner and a good relationship with the US
more important than ever -- 

if this isn't a sign that Islam has far too much influence in the UK then I don't know what is -

Have our politicians lost their minds - that they would rather upset our greatest friend and ally than upset muslims who live here -

Madness

• Like 1

People have actually '''lost their minds'''' in some way when it comes to anything to do with Trump -

that's how strong the forces lined up against him are and how thorough their propaganda machine -

The US have stated at the UN meeting that they WILL be moving their embassy to Jerusalem --
what are we (UK) going to do -- join an Islamic military coalition and attack the embassy with them -- FFS -

unbeliveable

Edited by bee

7 hours ago, and then said:

From his speech:  "We are not taking a position of any final status issues, including the specific boundaries of the Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem, or the resolution of contested borders.  Those questions are up to the parties involved".

That doesn't constitute taking sides.  In fact, it specifically does the opposite.  The only people who are out of joint over this decision are those who reject the idea that Israel should EVER, under any circumstances, have any part of Jerusalem as its capital.  If that is not the case, why is a simple declaration of reality such an issue?  

President Trump is aware that the UK and Europe is in many ways bowed and practically under the Islamic Thumb -
(courtesy of the Globalist Agenda and their lackey politicians)

let's hope he takes this into consideration when he receives this slap in the face from our weak politicians in the UK -  :angry:

• Like 1

It's never occurred to you to wonder for one minute if perhaps poor, perpetually bullied Israel might also have a hand in the Global Corporatist Agenda, arguably rather more influentially than the Islamic barbarians, perhaps? Considering how American middle eastern policy seems to be basically that Israel tells America to do something, and America does it?

7 hours ago, and then said:

So now you're saying Hillary Clinton did have the right idea after all? Since "Nikki" (with two k's and an i) seems to differ not one jot from the Great Hillary in her ridiculous petulant, spiteful vindictiveness? 

17 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It's never occurred to you to wonder for one minute if perhaps poor, perpetually bullied Israel might also have a hand in the Global Corporatist Agenda, arguably rather more influentially than the Islamic barbarians, perhaps? Considering how American middle eastern policy seems to be basically that Israel tells America to do something, and America does it?

Factions within Israel indeed may be up to their necks in the Globalist Agenda -
I've even seen ''''somewhere'''' that the land of Israel may be hallmarked at some future point to be the Political Capital of the One World Government -

BUT

as convoluted and treacherous as politics can be at all levels -- to give Trump a slap in the face at this point in the game
is stupid of the UK - especially when he wants to put the UK at the front of the queue with trade and supports Brexit -

the Global Islamic Jihad hasn't dissolved away into thin air just because the controlled media has stopped a lot
of negative reporting on Islamic matters - and to create a wedge between the US and UK must be one of the highest
aspirations of the Jihad -  they must be chuffed to bits that the UK would oppose the US like this -

lets put this really simple - are the people of the UK willing to put their economy in jeopardy to make a point about 'Palestine' -- 

7 minutes ago, bee said:

Factions within Israel indeed may be up to their necks in the Globalist Agenda -
I've even seen ''''somewhere'''' that the land of Israel may be hallmarked at some future point to be the Political Capital of the One World Government -

BUT

as convoluted and treacherous as politics can be at all levels -- to give Trump a slap in the face at this point in the game
is stupid of the UK - especially when he wants to put the UK at the front of the queue with trade and supports Brexit -

the Global Islamic Jihad hasn't dissolved away into thin air just because the controlled media has stopped a lot
of negative reporting on Islamic matters - and to create a wedge between the US and UK must be one of the highest
aspirations of the Jihad -  they must be chuffed to bits that the UK would oppose the US like this -

lets put this really simple - are the people of the UK willing to put their economy in jeopardy to make a point about 'Palestine' -- 

So the UK govt. ought to acquiesce with Trump and Nikki (with two k's and an i)'s blustering in the interests of maintaining harmonious relations? That really is the tactics of the bully. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So the UK govt. ought to acquiesce with Trump and Nikki (with two k's and an i)'s blustering in the interests of maintaining harmonious relations? That really is the tactics of the bully. 

yes we should maintain harmonious relations and not get side tracked with all the sanctimonious blah blah blah that surrounds
the whole 'Palestine' issue - 

at the very least we should have abstained -
does the UK government now put the Palestinians and Hamas above the interests of British people?

12 minutes ago, bee said:

does the UK government now put the Palestinians and Hamas above the interests of British people?

perhaps in some perverse way the UK government thinks it is putting the interests of the British People first --

ie. that politicians are so scared of the muslims here - especially the jihadis returning from Syria -- that they don't want
to upset them and cause them to kick off and run amok - I mean - no one wants to have their throat cut or be
mowed down by a vehicle - or be blown to bits or whatever -

BUT

siding with Islam against the USA is NOT in our best interests...IMO -

Edited by bee

Interesting concept Bee. In order to do business with foreign entities the UK must acquiesce to them?

A Trump deal with the UK will be on Trumps terms no matter what the UK does - so better to stick with principles, rather than bow down to 'he that is'.  

ETA - I don't think for 1 second that the UK government give any consideration to Muslims in the UK when deciding how to vote - they have had an historic line on the issue and simply stuck to it.

Many non Muslims would agree that this line is appropriate in this issue.

Furthermore had they been contemplating changing their line - Trumps threats would have curtailed such thoughts - otherwise the UK would have been castigated has having no backbone.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, and then said:

Can't be worse than the current one. 

And if the US is that set on isolationism, fine. Defund the UN. Step away from everything and hide away. Like I said, all superpowers decline, if you want to be isolated from the rest of the world, and begin that process, go ahead. History teaches us what will happen. Happened to the Romans, the Byzantines, the Mongols, the British Empire. Your time will come but I wouldn't suggest rushing it. 

You've spent the last century building global influence. Do you really want that to have been a waste? 

5 hours ago, bee said:

Great

Couldn't they have just abstained - WTF are they thinking with Brexit round the corner and a good relationship with the US
more important than ever -- 

if this isn't a sign that Islam has far too much influence in the UK then I don't know what is -

Have our politicians lost their minds - that they would rather upset our greatest friend and ally than upset muslims who live here -

Madness

Sorry, I thought brexit was our opportunity to be an independent world leader. Are you now saying our only hope is to tag along with the US and hope the Great Trump deigns to favour us?

I'd rather we were impoverished. This is one of the few times our government seems to have found a backbone. We have our position and we stuck to it in the face of all the bullying and threats. THAT'S what a global leader does. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Zamor said:

The vote in UN has no meaning when it comes to the decision Trump made to declare Jerusalem as Israels capitol.

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  Ding!  Give the man a kewpie doll.

Jerusalem is still the caitol of Israel according to U.S and the reason UN voted on it is because the arab world wanted them to try to calm a sensitive situation.

And the vote just enabled the situation to remain stirred up.  Giving the OK for more violence to occur.  Good job UN!

If you think "**** the arabs, who cares" then I Think it's a bit immature and you don't see the big Picture.

It’s not because they are Arabs but it is because they are immature.  The Hijrah is in full effect.

Trump knew when he made his decision that the rest of the World would react against it.

Precisely!  He doesn’t sit well with the status quo.

Throwing a tantrum and telling the rest o the World to shut up or else... is very childish and dangerous, a statement that the vote won't change the U.S decision would have been enough.

“Throwing a tantrum” is the MSM terminology.  You’re being lead around by that ring in your nose.  Trump is giving the UN notice.  Either do what you were intended to do or get out.  What’s the legitimacy of an organization that continually put human rights violators on the Human Rights Council and have them vote on resolutions against other nations?  The UN is a joke.  If you ask me, I think the 9/11 hijackers picked the wrong target.  Actually, the UN probably aids in the spread of their cause.

Maybe Trump had success with this kind of behaviour in the business World, bullying and scaring partners and Contractors, but it won't work with the rest of the World.

Oh?  It works quite well everywhere.  It works well domestically.  The Progressives and the MSM have literally lost their minds and the Deep State is about to collapse on its own.  It’ll work well with the bureaucrats at the UN.

U.S have spent a vast amount of Money and work since WWII to build economical and political influence in the World, Trump is risking it all by putting his ego first.

He’s returning that influence that we lost from the prior Admin.  He’s reestablishing American Hegemony.  If it’s a battle of ego, the UN will lose.  Everyone from the beginning has been underestimating Trump and they’ve paid the price.  I see no change in that perception.

Doing this will open up the arena for Russia and China to take over and get more influence when it comes to economy and politics in the World.

Hardly.  Russia is only concerned with Syria, Crimea/Eastern Ukraine, perhaps South Ossetia, and a handful of other locales.  China can’t expand to the North and West, or to the South West.  Its influence is only into South East Asia.  Their economies can’t handle much more in the way of external expansion.  This is an ideal time to increase our swagger.

I can appreciate and agree on the "Make America great again" and "America first" concept, but you can do that without alienating yourself from the rest of the World, it's not possible to fulfill those promises all by yourself, you need good relations with others to make it happen. So him doing the amount of meaningless diplomatic damage that he does

is moronic!

It's lonely at the top.  To be great means to set yourself apart.  This is not being an isolationist.  Do you know why, in the military, that the enlisted and officers don’t fraternize?  It’s part of the leadership principle.  Sure, there are appropriate times for the two to mingle.  Same reason why parents should be parents and not best buds.  So too does American Exceptionalism have the role as leader of the Free world.

The diplomatic damage was done under Obama with the apology tour and drawing red lines and retreating.  Those actions are what loses respect and alienates one’s self from the world.  Instigating rabble rousing and community organization is different than leadership.  The emerging corruption of the prior Admin is making Tea Pot Dome look petty.

So cheering him on while he is burning bridges for no reason except him being stupid is childish as I see it, and I won't look in any mirror untill you can show me a

good reason for praising him for behaving like this!

The thing with rotten bridges is that after they burn down, you can always build better ones.  So, when are you going to get out from in front of that mirror and come into the real world?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, and then said:

I love the amount of arrogance in all official statements regarding the 'vote'. Most important to note is how she stated that president ordered her to '' take names '' of those who would support the resolution. I loved Turkish reply ( hey, maybe you could use that reply to support Erdogan Antichrist claim? :) ).

Did anyone told Trump that USA, even tho it is powerful, is not the only superpower anymore? After the fall of Soviets, US politicians have done many things but neither of those things did fortify USA's leading position in the world as the only superpower.

Now we have reality in which USA has been rejected by majority of world's countries. Only Israel with few, mostly 'non-sovereign' countries support it.

I love America too much to salute such desire man because those people like Nikki Haley are responsible for this situation. Seriously? You'd be voting for such figures to lead your country in the future? To lead you by publicly blackmailing other countries, by fabricating stories and using demagogy as essential piece of their collective political power?