Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Past Life Memories?

CollectivTruths

I've always felt strangely drawn to the Celts, since I was a kid. I chose Celtic music over rock from the day I got my first CD player. Pictures of old cottages in Ireland and Scotland give me an excruciating sense of hiraeth, like I was forcefully taken away from home and knew I couldn't go back. My mom never understood me, though she was thrilled she didn't have to deal with weird, loud music like my brothers listened to lol

My whole life, I had crazy experiences, and images going through my mind. Memories of living in a home with no electricity, and having only candles for light, even in the middle of the day. Knowing rainy days better than sunny days. Raising animals for food. Never feeling like I was "in need" because food wasn't bought as much as it was raised and eaten. These weird, random memories/visions have been coming a lot more often this last year.

For example, a few days ago, I was listening to a song on Youtube, and in the background, you hear wind like it's blowing through a field or through trees or something. I suddenly remembered standing at the door of a home with a little kid playing in the front yard. Beyond the yard was a field and a storm was coming. I remember thinking, "I'll let her/him play until the storm gets closer." Then feeling a sense of boredom, or frustration with my life. Like there was more, but I was stuck. I was in an unhappy marriage. I remember the emotions, the view, the weather. Everything. It was like a legitimate memory...but I've never lived anywhere near fields. But in this life, I had the same struggle. I raised 4 kids through that same mood, that same frustration, and an abusive marriage. I got out of that marriage, though, in this life.

A few months ago, things were heading to us potentially struggling financially. I was concerned with what it was going to be like if I couldn't afford food for my kids. I got a pang of anxiety, took a deep breath, and suddenly had a memory pop up in my mind where I was lying on bare ground, looking up at the sky, thinking on how well my children were faring in life, though I didn't have much. It was a sense of contentment. So, in real life, I told myself, "I've had a good life with less. We'll be ok." But then I realized, that memory was not anything I lived through (in this life at least). From what I can tell, it was a memory/vision from the Viking Era, or so. I started sweating immediately, as realization really set in. It was so vivid...as if I were just remembering something from a year ago.

I don't just brush off these "memories." I can't, because there is some much emotion in them. It's like asking me to brush off memories of playing with my kids from last week, and to tell myself it never happened and that I'm imagining it.

A few years ago, I left an abusive marriage. Soon after, I came across a man who was freakishly familiar to me. Not his face, but something else I couldn't put my finger on. I would sit at my computer, staring at his picture with my face cupped in my hands. I would shake my head and say, "where the heck do I know him from. Why can't I shake this off. Who is this guy." We met eventually, online first. I soon learned his entire family line goes back to Clan Donnachaidh which is one of the oldest of all Scottish clans. After talking for about a month, he nervously asked me if I felt "weird energy" about him. I had never told a soul about that. I said I actually did, and before I could explain my part, he told me his experience. 100% like mine. He had these "Celtic memories" all his life...just like me. And memories of a life in the mountains around the Viking era. His family has lived in rural country/fields for the last few...I don't even know how long lol it's been a long time.

So, this guy and I met in person. Our eyes are exactly the same color. His smell was insanely familiar to me. Everything about his presence was screaming, "I've been with you before. Many times before." We have the same style of raising children, and the same ideals of living. The same hopes/dreams. The same at-home job. We got married this last September.

Since I made the decision to leave my abusive marriage those years before, I started having this slew of memories from what I imagine are past lives. 1111 was showing up everywhere, especially when I met my now husband. Something is going on, and it's nuts, but I can't help but wonder about the rest of the world. Have you ever heard of anything like this?

If it isn't past lives, how else could I explain all of this? (it's an honest question. I am very willing to research alternative ideas!)

• Like 3

hiraeth.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CollectivTruths said:

If it isn't past lives, how else could I explain all of this? (it's an honest question. I am very willing to research alternative ideas!)

I am a believer in reincarnation. I think this may very well be past life soul memories. The materialist explanation of self-creating memory experiences is out there too. Unfortunately, these things can not be nailed down with the perfect objective certainty we would like. I guess ultimately the source of these feelings doesn't matter and these feelings and memories have gained you helpful wisdom in your current life. That matters.

Well, if you want to explore past lives further (which I would be interested in doing if I were you) there are techniques out there that help with regression of memories. Wouldn't it be fascinating if you could pull up something exciting, like the name of an old village or something that can be researched and would be ridiculously unlikely to have been learned about in a normal manner. And then take you next vacation together to the closest you can find to your old memories!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I am a believer in reincarnation. I think this may very well be past life soul memories. The materialist explanation of self-creating memory experiences is out there too. Unfortunately, these things can not be nailed down with the perfect objective certainty we would like. I guess ultimately the source of these feelings doesn't matter and these feelings and memories have gained you helpful wisdom in your current life. That matters

Imposter! What have you done with Papageorge1? Stop making me agree with him! :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I am a believer in reincarnation. I think this may very well be past life soul memories. The materialist explanation of self-creating memory experiences is out there too. Unfortunately, these things can not be nailed down with the perfect objective certainty we would like. I guess ultimately the source of these feelings doesn't matter and these feelings and memories have gained you helpful wisdom in your current life. That matters.

Well, if you want to explore past lives further (which I would be interested in doing if I were you) there are techniques out there that help with regression of memories. Wouldn't it be fascinating if you could pull up something exciting, like the name of an old village or something that can be researched and would be ridiculously unlikely to have been learned about in a normal manner. And then take you next vacation together to the closest you can find to your old memories!

Oh, I would absolutely love that. I remember doing a past life hypnosis thing when I was 14ish. I had a "dream" of running away from people in a dark, brick building and I got shot in the back with an arrow. I never did any searching beyond that, though. I think I may look for something to try this weekend, though. I happen to have some free time.

I feel like more memories are surfacing because I took a necessary step to solve a problem that I'm meant to solve in this lifetime. Like I've lived many lives where I allowed myself to be used or hurt, but I put my foot down and opened up to the universe after leaving that first marriage. I was always super sensitive to energies and shifts in energies, but memories like these only really kicked after I did something active for my own well-being and opened up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CollectivTruths said:

Oh, I would absolutely love that. I remember doing a past life hypnosis thing when I was 14ish. I had a "dream" of running away from people in a dark, brick building and I got shot in the back with an arrow. I never did any searching beyond that, though. I think I may look for something to try this weekend, though. I happen to have some free time.

I feel like more memories are surfacing because I took a necessary step to solve a problem that I'm meant to solve in this lifetime. Like I've lived many lives where I allowed myself to be used or hurt, but I put my foot down and opened up to the universe after leaving that first marriage. I was always super sensitive to energies and shifts in energies, but memories like these only really kicked after I did something active for my own well-being and opened up.

Congratulations on moving past a problem. Maybe that is part of how the reincarnation process is supposed to work!

• Like 3

Welcome to UM @CollectivTruths,

I’m a skeptic and have no belief in reincarnation or past life memories due to the fact that if they were real phenomena, they should be relatively easily proven and should have been proven and studied in depth many years ago. 

As believers have said before: ‘You can’t prove it’s not real’, and that’s true, of course. But with the evidence (or more-so the lack thereof) at hand, it’s much more likely that it’s not a real phenomena.

If it is past lives, the only way to know for sure would be to detail the ‘memories’, written/verbally recorded/drawn etc. and then correlate details and exact information from the memories with the life of someone deceased of which you would have no possible way of knowing. Not just names or places, not some uncanny or highly unlikely things, but details impossible for you to have known.

As for other explanations; the human mind is an amazing thing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Welcome to UM @CollectivTruths,

I’m a skeptic and have no belief in reincarnation or past life memories due to the fact that if they were real phenomena, they should be relatively easily proven and should have been proven and studied in depth many years ago. 

As believers have said before: ‘You can’t prove it’s not real’, and that’s true, of course. But with the evidence (or more-so the lack thereof) at hand, it’s much more likely that it’s not a real phenomena.

If it is past lives, the only way to know for sure would be to detail the ‘memories’, written/verbally recorded/drawn etc. and then correlate details and exact information from the memories with the life of someone deceased of which you would have no possible way of knowing. Not just names or places, not some uncanny or highly unlikely things, but details impossible for you to have known.

As for other explanations; the human mind is an amazing thing!

I often wonder about--and I say this with no disrespect--what kind of proof would make the whole world stop and believe in reincarnation. The belief is somewhat new to me, to be honest. I was raised in a very close-minded, fundamentalist community. I was terrified about Hell for most of my life. (have you ever seen The Village? Yeah. That was pretty much how they closed off the kids of the community)

I only started taking the though seriously when my own experiences started taking off recently...after I left the community lol I still don't know how I feel just yet. I want reincarnation to be true. I feel like this life would be so much better handled (by me) if it were.

• Like 1

What would it matter if it were true? What gain is there to obtain? Other than a feel good sensation. Life would be too easy if reincarnation were true. Because all of us would have a excessive wealth of knowledge and experience. So life wouldn't be a challenge, wouldn't be a learning experience. It would be extremely boring.

1 hour ago, CollectivTruths said:

I often wonder about--and I say this with no disrespect--what kind of proof would make the whole world stop and believe in reincarnation. The belief is somewhat new to me, to be honest. I was raised in a very close-minded, fundamentalist community. I was terrified about Hell for most of my life. (have you ever seen The Village? Yeah. That was pretty much how they closed off the kids of the community)

I only started taking the though seriously when my own experiences started taking off recently...after I left the community lol I still don't know how I feel just yet. I want reincarnation to be true. I feel like this life would be so much better handled (by me) if it were.

No disrespect felt at all.

Well if it were a real phenomena, when would it have started? Does it happen to animals or only to sufficiently intelligent species? When did it start with humans, just modern man?

Well even if that were the case, then historically there should have been millions or even billions (trillions?) of cases. How many humans alive today are reincarnated? 

Having said that, it should be easy to document and verify multiple peoples accounts, and that would be enough proof for the general public. It would be studied by science and there would be peer reviewed studies published. 

But it’s never happened, not once in all of human history.

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

What would it matter if it were true? What gain is there to obtain? Other than a feel good sensation. Life would be too easy if reincarnation were true. Because all of us would have a excessive wealth of knowledge and experience. So life wouldn't be a challenge, wouldn't be a learning experience. It would be extremely boring.

If it were true, studying and learning the mechanism behind it could be one of the greatest findings in all of history. 

• Like 1

On 07/12/2017 at 5:28 AM, CollectivTruths said:

I've always felt strangely drawn to the Celts, since I was a kid. I chose Celtic music over rock from the day I got my first CD player. Pictures of old cottages in Ireland and Scotland give me an excruciating sense of hiraeth, like I was forcefully taken away from home and knew I couldn't go back. My mom never understood me, though she was thrilled she didn't have to deal with weird, loud music like my brothers listened to lol

My whole life, I had crazy experiences, and images going through my mind. Memories of living in a home with no electricity, and having only candles for light, even in the middle of the day. Knowing rainy days better than sunny days. Raising animals for food. Never feeling like I was "in need" because food wasn't bought as much as it was raised and eaten. These weird, random memories/visions have been coming a lot more often this last year.

For example, a few days ago, I was listening to a song on Youtube, and in the background, you hear wind like it's blowing through a field or through trees or something. I suddenly remembered standing at the door of a home with a little kid playing in the front yard. Beyond the yard was a field and a storm was coming. I remember thinking, "I'll let her/him play until the storm gets closer." Then feeling a sense of boredom, or frustration with my life. Like there was more, but I was stuck. I was in an unhappy marriage. I remember the emotions, the view, the weather. Everything. It was like a legitimate memory...but I've never lived anywhere near fields. But in this life, I had the same struggle. I raised 4 kids through that same mood, that same frustration, and an abusive marriage. I got out of that marriage, though, in this life.

A few months ago, things were heading to us potentially struggling financially. I was concerned with what it was going to be like if I couldn't afford food for my kids. I got a pang of anxiety, took a deep breath, and suddenly had a memory pop up in my mind where I was lying on bare ground, looking up at the sky, thinking on how well my children were faring in life, though I didn't have much. It was a sense of contentment. So, in real life, I told myself, "I've had a good life with less. We'll be ok." But then I realized, that memory was not anything I lived through (in this life at least). From what I can tell, it was a memory/vision from the Viking Era, or so. I started sweating immediately, as realization really set in. It was so vivid...as if I were just remembering something from a year ago.

I don't just brush off these "memories." I can't, because there is some much emotion in them. It's like asking me to brush off memories of playing with my kids from last week, and to tell myself it never happened and that I'm imagining it.

A few years ago, I left an abusive marriage. Soon after, I came across a man who was freakishly familiar to me. Not his face, but something else I couldn't put my finger on. I would sit at my computer, staring at his picture with my face cupped in my hands. I would shake my head and say, "where the heck do I know him from. Why can't I shake this off. Who is this guy." We met eventually, online first. I soon learned his entire family line goes back to Clan Donnachaidh which is one of the oldest of all Scottish clans. After talking for about a month, he nervously asked me if I felt "weird energy" about him. I had never told a soul about that. I said I actually did, and before I could explain my part, he told me his experience. 100% like mine. He had these "Celtic memories" all his life...just like me. And memories of a life in the mountains around the Viking era. His family has lived in rural country/fields for the last few...I don't even know how long lol it's been a long time.

So, this guy and I met in person. Our eyes are exactly the same color. His smell was insanely familiar to me. Everything about his presence was screaming, "I've been with you before. Many times before." We have the same style of raising children, and the same ideals of living. The same hopes/dreams. The same at-home job. We got married this last September.

Since I made the decision to leave my abusive marriage those years before, I started having this slew of memories from what I imagine are past lives. 1111 was showing up everywhere, especially when I met my now husband. Something is going on, and it's nuts, but I can't help but wonder about the rest of the world. Have you ever heard of anything like this?

Welcome to UM, Collective Truths.. Thankyou for Sharing Your Amazing Story.. Fascinating..

Past Lives Do Exist Friend.. As you Know because You have Experienced it. I love how the Energy Comes in, when you've Needed it, like Making Do and Being Content with what you Have.. Very Helpful Guidance you have.. Your Now Husband, No Coincidences..Just Was Meant to Be this Way... When Living within Abusive Holds can Make a Person have " Heightened Sense's," Necessary for Surviving the Wrath of Abuse... Each and All have Past Resonances intwined within This Life, Some are more Aware than Others.. And the Key, which you have Done is, Allowing the Vision and Feelings in to be Examined.. You Listen and Pay Attention to Your Self... I Remember Many of My Past Residuals.. And I work through them, I Examine, Understand, See the Lessons, so a release can Happen, and Knowledge is Gained in Return. So I Enjoy Knowing about Such Energies.. 

Keep Learning, and Feeling..There is Always New Wisdom to be Found...

Peace to youxx...xx

• Like 1