Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chainsaw-wielding clown injures boy

The Caspian Hare

A chainsaw-wielding clown seriously injured a 17-year-old boy at a fair in Mexico Sunday after the "House of Scares" worker got too close to the teen and ripped his face open, officials said.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/06/chainsaw-wielding-clown-rips-open-boys-face-when-house-scares-goes-wrong-in-mexico.html

• Like 2

As a professional chainsaw operator all I have to say is... :blink:

They make aluminum bars with dummy roller chains for this kinda stuff......

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

As a professional chainsaw operator all I have to say is... :blink:

They make aluminum bars with dummy roller chains for this kinda stuff......

Or just take the chain off!

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Or just take the chain off!

This. 

I saw a band one time where the singer made his entrance wielding a chainless chainsaw, scared the crap out of me as he brought it down on my forearm but no harm done at all.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

This. 

I saw a band one time where the singer made his entrance wielding a chainless chainsaw, scared the crap out of me as he brought it down on my forearm but no harm done at all.

I probably know the band.....

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

I probably know the band.....

They were from Spokane, in the 90's.  Can't remember the name.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

They were from Spokane, in the 90's.  Can't remember the name.

I was thinking about a group in the 90s. These are the guys I met. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yeah I remember them, fun band. The guys I'm talking about were more like slipknot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah I remember them, fun band. The guys I'm talking about were more like slipknot.

I like Slipknot. Chainsaw carving music when I have to knock out 50 wood pumpkins for the masses. 

• Like 1

The fair was eventually shut down by local officials because "they did not meet the minimum security requirements for the attending population,"

What a surprise! They should have inspected before it opens though.

• Like 2

What an idiot. You don't put a chain on your haunted house chainsaw. 

They need a "How to run a haunted house...the complete idiot's guide" or something. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Utter brainlessness.

This is why horrors anywhere will happen because no one does any thinking. Period.

There is absolutely NO excuse for this astronomical incompetence. Whoever was in charge of this should have inspected everything him/herself t make sure no one would get hurt. It takes only a few minutes.

An inch deep wound, particularly on the face is pretty serious and I hope the poor boy will recover without any complications, a nerve can easily be severed. Furthermore I hope his family will demand compensation for this travesty.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 5:21 PM, Piney said:

I opened for Jackyl back in the 90's. They were super cool guys. They even had a special road case for their chainsaw. The chainsaw was a fully functioning saw with a real blade. 
When they broke out into the Lumberjack song, Jesse was looking around stage for something to actually cut through. He looked over at me where I was side-stage and gave me a pleading look to 'find something for him'. So I ran to the dressing room and grabbed a wooden chair and brought it out to him on stage. 
The chair didn't last long... he cut through it like butter with that chainsaw. I had a piece of that chair that I kept for many years before I finally threw it out. 

• Like 3

... Yet the fair was shut down not for its safety issues, but for not having enough security. Interesting.