Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Myrtles plantation posts ‘haunted’ picture

Still Waters

Interesting. The most certain one is the last blow-up of the slave girl in the window in the second link. No way that one is pareidolia. 

• Like 4

It would be nice to have access to the raw image file and exif data! Also a few more photos of the window and room from the same/different angles. 

To me it’s not an obvious photoshop or reflection/paradeoila but still could be.

You can still see the cross pattern on the wall behind the glass (unless it’s a pattern on the glass) which is also visible more clearly in the left window.

Maybe they printed the image onto a transparent sheet and stuck it to the window? But to prove that we’d have to find the same image...

Without more info there’s no way to know. But there’s nothing like a bit of viral advertising to boost guest numbers!

Edit: Googling photos, the pattern on those windows is on the glass itself. 

Also, there is at least one statuette of a girls head I’ve found so far inside the house, so reflection may be more likely an explanation.

Edit 2: Here you can see a statuette of a female head in the same room as the glass in the OP articles photo (from http://eldoradofurniture.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/mysterious-furniture-haunted-mirror-at.html?m=1):68F00CAA-EC84-4B32-8387-53D36D82BE91.jpeg.47e6767b0780eda066154d4e5a630685.jpeg

Edit 3: Here’s another photo from their Facebook page showing the location of that statuette in approximately the right location in reference to the glass the women were standing in front of. So as long as it were turned facing the glass, reflection is probably the answer: 3F48749E-30A9-40D9-9F64-025BE6A702E8.thumb.jpeg.ce5882eaa49c2afb3f9f710fc99a6748.jpeg

I don’t have time to find clearer photos or analyze further right now. But reflection is looking more and more likely!

Edited by Timonthy
Edit, Edit 2, Edit 3.
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, _KB_ said:

cool dust art

That's one new definition for ghost. :D

Ah, how I like the ghost-themed threads! Unfortunately those are quite rare.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 1

Why does it almost allways have to be in a window? why cant the ghost be visible on a wall or something.
They are afterall ghost why do they have to use windows 

• Like 2

Almost sure I've seen that face before. Just can't pinpoint where. Damn this is really anoying.
Anyway, pretty sure that is a print glued to the inside of the window. If I could remember where I know that face from I could say exactly what/who they printed.

14 minutes ago, seanjo said:

No such thing as ghosts so obviously doctored or another explanation...

You don't know that but it's a valid opinion.  I have reason to believe they are real but that doesn't mean that what they are is the spirit of a dead person.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Why does it almost allways have to be in a window? why cant the ghost be visible on a wall or something.
They are afterall ghost why do they have to use windows 

Because 99.9% of the time the images are reflections.  Immediate ghost if an image shows in a window.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paperdyer said:

Because 99.9% of the time the images are reflections.  Immediate ghost if an image shows in a window.

exactly

They advertise the place as "spooky and haunted" so it makes sense creating these kinds of pieces of news.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Timonthy said:

It would be nice to have access to the raw image file and exif data! Also a few more photos of the window and room from the same/different angles. 

To me it’s not an obvious photoshop or reflection/paradeoila but still could be.

You can still see the cross pattern on the wall behind the glass (unless it’s a pattern on the glass) which is also visible more clearly in the left window.

Maybe they printed the image onto a transparent sheet and stuck it to the window? But to prove that we’d have to find the same image...

Without more info there’s no way to know. But there’s nothing like a bit of viral advertising to boost guest numbers!

Edit: Googling photos, the pattern on those windows is on the glass itself. 

Also, there is at least one statuette of a girls head I’ve found so far inside the house, so reflection may be more likely an explanation.

Edit 2: Here you can see a statuette of a female head in the same room as the glass in the OP articles photo (from http://eldoradofurniture.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/mysterious-furniture-haunted-mirror-at.html?m=1):68F00CAA-EC84-4B32-8387-53D36D82BE91.jpeg.47e6767b0780eda066154d4e5a630685.jpeg

Edit 3: Here’s another photo from their Facebook page showing the location of that statuette in approximately the right location in reference to the glass the women were standing in front of. So as long as it were turned facing the glass, reflection is probably the answer: 3F48749E-30A9-40D9-9F64-025BE6A702E8.thumb.jpeg.ce5882eaa49c2afb3f9f710fc99a6748.jpeg

I don’t have time to find clearer photos or analyze further right now. But reflection is looking more and more likely!

Did you notice the “ghost” on the stairs? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Did you notice the “ghost” on the stairs? 

Yeah, it’s from their FB page. I didn’t read their comments or give it another thought as I’m assuming it’s got a lame explanation like this latest photo which is the subject of this thread. 

Edit: Did you notice the ghost of the guy wearing glasses and holding a camera?

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Yeah, it’s from their FB page. I didn’t read their comments or give it another thought as I’m assuming it’s got a lame explanation like this latest photo which is the subject of this thread. 

Edit: Did you notice the ghost of the guy wearing glasses and holding a camera?

Now that you mention it, I do see him. 

Someone taking a photo of a computer monitor after they photoshopped the lady on the steps? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Now that you mention it, I do see him. 

Someone taking a photo of a computer monitor after they photoshopped the lady on the steps? 

It’s just the guy who is taking the photo through the glass. My point being the thing on the stairs is probably a reflection too.

• Like 2

As for the photo of the "ghost lady" on the stairs, it's probably a Pepper's Ghost illusion. There doesn't seem to be a good reason for the glass panel (evidenced by the photographer's reflection) in the middle of that room unless it was being used to pull off the trick.

Edited by Carnoferox

2 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

As for the photo of the "ghost lady" on the stairs, it's probably a Pepper's Ghost illusion. There doesn't seem to be a good reason for the glass panel (evidenced by the photographer's reflection) in the middle of that room unless it was being used to pull off the trick.

If you find the floor plan, he is standing outside on the front porch looking in. 

Zoom in on this ****. You can clearly see the physical background objects coming together to create a face; pareidolia explains the rest.

You have to be carful about jumping the ghost gun with mirrors, as mirrors are prone to getting scratches, scuffs and scrapes that can create the illusion of an image or face. I always take mirror/window ghost photos with a pinch of salt.

That girls head is gigantic and there is a creepy face in the window.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 11:28 AM, OverSword said:

You don't know that but it's a valid opinion.  I have reason to believe they are real but that doesn't mean that what they are is the spirit of a dead person.

I was skeptical about sightings until around 1992. Living in an apt building with roughly 20 units everyone knew everyone. On a sunny afternoon, coming home I seen one of my fellow tenants outside in front of our building. A neighbor across the street later said he too, seen him outside.

Next day, the police came knocking on my apt door asking questions about the aforementioned tenant. When one cop asked me when was the last time I had seen him I answered honestly. I had seen him the previous afternoon. Both cops started laughing at me. Then the cop that asked me the question said that that wasn't possible, he was found dead and had been dead for at least a week. 

I nearly shat myself. So either the cops were wrong or I had been hallucinating and I know what my eyes seen. I had no idea he had passed away. 

I don't expect people to believe me or they can "rationalize" it how they want but I am convinced I seen him after his passing away. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sooth Sayer said:

I was skeptical about sightings until around 1992. Living in an apt building with roughly 20 units everyone knew everyone. On a sunny afternoon, coming home I seen one of my fellow tenants outside in front of our building. A neighbor across the street later said he too, seen him outside.

Next day, the police came knocking on my apt door asking questions about the aforementioned tenant. When one cop asked me when was the last time I had seen him I answered honestly. I had seen him the previous afternoon. Both cops started laughing at me. Then the cop that asked me the question said that that wasn't possible, he was found dead and had been dead for at least a week. 

I nearly shat myself. So either the cops were wrong or I had been hallucinating and I know what my eyes seen. I had no idea he had passed away. 

I don't expect people to believe me or they can "rationalize" it how they want but I am convinced I seen him after his passing away. 

Good story. I have heard others like it. It may be he was confused not realizing he was in his astral form.